WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #7 of 80 Hotels in Makati
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
“Top Hotel... anywhere....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Unfortunately we only stayed there one night after arriving and before leaving Manila as we spent the trip (business) on Mindanao. However its a beautiful hotel, with superb rooms, excellent service (actually better than excellent, the staff could not do enough for you), great food and unexpectedly reasonable bar prices!
The WiFi was effective throughout the hotel (and free!) and they accomodated smokers far better than I expected.
The room was clean and nicely appointed; good value. Bathroom excellent.
The aircon was quiet and efficient, and worked when you were out of the room. The TV had BBC world and CNN easy to access.
Directly across the road is the Green Belt Mall, which has every kind of shop, bar and eaterie you could wish for.
I will definitely stay there again, given the opportunity.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

After a lot of researching on the internet for our first trip to Manila, we decided that Makati might suit our needs for being somewhere central and convenient.

New World exceeded our expectations in what we wanted from our accommodation. Firstly, it's a must to book a club room, as these are the only newly renovated rooms. All the extra perks for staying on the club floors are worth the extra money. Easy check in on club floor, club lounge for all day snacks & drinks and happy hour where quality wine & top shelf spirits were served.

The room was clean & fresh with quality fittings and a luxe bed that was heaven to sleep on after a long flight. Hot water was no problem and it was so great to have a quality bathroom and walk in shower which sometimes in the Philippines is hard to find.

Breakfast downstairs at the restaurant was amazing, with more than enough choices and always friendly faces to greet you by name each morning.

The pool could probably use an upgrade, but it was still inviting enough to dive into on a hot afternoon.

Greenbelt is literally 20 steps across the pedestrian crossing and you're in the heart of the shopping & dining Mecca of Manila. All the malls lead into other oversized malls, so you can step out of the hotel and walk about 10 kilometers through a maze of retail wonder! No need for taxis if that's what you came to Manila to do.

We would definitely return to New World again for that VIP treatment and service. The only downside was a discrepancy with our final bill when they tried to double charge us for breakfast (which was included in our rate), but Stevane at Club Floor was apologetic and fixed the mistake. Just be sure to always check the charges, but that goes for any purchase!

Stayed December 2013
Davao
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in Nov. Easy access from airport, smooth check in.
Room Ok but not Shangri La standard. ( or price) We included access to 24 floor lounge which was worth the extra. Very nice afternoon drinks and snacks. The breakfast in main restaurant was of excellent quality but lack of space it seems. The location is perfect for visiting Green Belt and direct access to No 3.
Very nice and professional service minded staff as in most top Philippine hotels.
For a change we booked thru Agoda and found it was 1000 Pesos higher than direct booking.

Room Tip: Traffic noisy on lower floors. ( street side )
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter19502013
Perth, Western Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I regularly travel to Manila for work and whilst I have stayed in many hotels I am yet to experience any better than the New World Hotel Makati. I prefer to stay in one of the Residence Club Deluxe Rooms because they have been modernised and give you access to meeting rooms, laptops, easy check in/out and hospitality inclusive of breakfast, Happy Hour and incidental snacks.

The amenities are first class, it is most comfortable in every way and the locality is brilliant as it is just over the road from the Greenbelt Malls...5 separate malls of shopping, bars, coffee, nightlife and the best people watching you could hope for!

However the very best feature of the hotel is the staff! They are the most beautiful people...so courteous, polite, warm, friendly and accommodating...nothing is ever too much trouble. They are THE best!

Room Tip: Spend a little more, spoil yourself and book an Residence Club Deluxe room!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed at New World Makati from 21 November to 24 November and we can recommend the hotel. We stayed at the newly renovated room in 22 floor. The breakfast in the cafe at ground floor was very good with much to choose from, from intercontinental t Chinese and Filipino breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel is very near Greenbelt.

Room Tip: Choose the newly renovated rooms. The rooms higher up is better.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Knut A
Crittenden, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I traveled there in April 2013. The guest service was fantastic! Anything you need at any time, someone would take care of you. The bar and music were fun. The room was very clean, comfortable and spacious. The pool was great and the service from the pool attendants was impeccable! I will be going back in January 2014. I look forward to it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I chose the New World because it was simply considerably less expensive than my first choice. I am glad that I did.

The location right across from Greenbelt, which is amazing.

The entrance is open, large, grand, modern, shiny and new. Security is pretty good, and very polite. Then you reach the door girls, beyond that are more elegantly dressed hostesses, and beyond that are the well dressed security guys. Then you reach the reception desk. We were on the club level, so we were escorted to the 24th Floor where we were checked in. I will state that it seemed painfully long to check in, and I do not know why. But it might have just been that I was tired after a very long flight.

The room was large, well appointed, clean and comfortable. I must have been in a remodeled room because the room was anything but old and tired. I would not change a thing. Housekeeping was great.

The club level came with use of their lounge, called the Living Room. I have been to better lounges, but it was still good. Breakfast was very good.

But I have to make mention of an issue that demonstrates the class and quality of this hotel. Upon check out, I left my I-pad in the room, and I did not realize it until I was in Boracay. The hotel was called, they found it, secured it, and returned it to me when I returned to Manila the following week. I am very thankful!

This hotel deserves to be in the same discussion as the SL, Peninsula, Fairmont, etc., with due consideration given to its lower cost. There is no question in my mind that for the lower cost, New World is a great option. I would also take a club room at the New World over a regular room at one of the others for the same money.

I appreciate that travel is an individual experience, but reading some of the negative reviews leaves me shaking my head. My only explanation could be that the unhappy reviewer got an old room. So do yourself a favor and demand a remodeled room and enjoy the experience. Makati is great. The people are great. This hotel is a great choice. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Insist on a remodeled room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends