“Simply superb!”

New World Makati Hotel
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I regularly travel to Manila for work and whilst I have stayed in many hotels I am yet to experience any better than the New World Hotel Makati. I prefer to stay in one of the Residence Club Deluxe Rooms because they have been modernised and give you access to meeting rooms, laptops, easy check in/out and hospitality inclusive of breakfast, Happy Hour and incidental snacks.

The amenities are first class, it is most comfortable in every way and the locality is brilliant as it is just over the road from the Greenbelt Malls...5 separate malls of shopping, bars, coffee, nightlife and the best people watching you could hope for!

However the very best feature of the hotel is the staff! They are the most beautiful people...so courteous, polite, warm, friendly and accommodating...nothing is ever too much trouble. They are THE best!

Room Tip: Spend a little more, spoil yourself and book an Residence Club Deluxe room!!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed at New World Makati from 21 November to 24 November and we can recommend the hotel. We stayed at the newly renovated room in 22 floor. The breakfast in the cafe at ground floor was very good with much to choose from, from intercontinental t Chinese and Filipino breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel is very near Greenbelt.

Room Tip: Choose the newly renovated rooms. The rooms higher up is better.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Knut A
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I traveled there in April 2013. The guest service was fantastic! Anything you need at any time, someone would take care of you. The bar and music were fun. The room was very clean, comfortable and spacious. The pool was great and the service from the pool attendants was impeccable! I will be going back in January 2014. I look forward to it!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I chose the New World because it was simply considerably less expensive than my first choice. I am glad that I did.

The location right across from Greenbelt, which is amazing.

The entrance is open, large, grand, modern, shiny and new. Security is pretty good, and very polite. Then you reach the door girls, beyond that are more elegantly dressed hostesses, and beyond that are the well dressed security guys. Then you reach the reception desk. We were on the club level, so we were escorted to the 24th Floor where we were checked in. I will state that it seemed painfully long to check in, and I do not know why. But it might have just been that I was tired after a very long flight.

The room was large, well appointed, clean and comfortable. I must have been in a remodeled room because the room was anything but old and tired. I would not change a thing. Housekeeping was great.

The club level came with use of their lounge, called the Living Room. I have been to better lounges, but it was still good. Breakfast was very good.

But I have to make mention of an issue that demonstrates the class and quality of this hotel. Upon check out, I left my I-pad in the room, and I did not realize it until I was in Boracay. The hotel was called, they found it, secured it, and returned it to me when I returned to Manila the following week. I am very thankful!

This hotel deserves to be in the same discussion as the SL, Peninsula, Fairmont, etc., with due consideration given to its lower cost. There is no question in my mind that for the lower cost, New World is a great option. I would also take a club room at the New World over a regular room at one of the others for the same money.

I appreciate that travel is an individual experience, but reading some of the negative reviews leaves me shaking my head. My only explanation could be that the unhappy reviewer got an old room. So do yourself a favor and demand a remodeled room and enjoy the experience. Makati is great. The people are great. This hotel is a great choice. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Insist on a remodeled room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The management at the New World hotel claim they have done some renovation works (this is their explanation for inceasing their rates). Actually, and as far as I have seen, only the main lobby and the lifts look fresh. The rooms are still the same with the old and tired carpet and furniture. As I checked in yesterday evening, there was of course not the room I ordered (non smoking king size). In the morning, the water in the shower was cold. If you want to find a seat during breakfast, better arrive very early or late, but avoid the 7:30-8:30 time frame.

More than EUR 150 / night for this kind of service? Thanks, but no thanks. I'll get back to my usual Best Western in Taguig City (cheaper, but at least I kow what I am paying for).

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Excellent location, very nice staffs, yummy breakfast and dinner buffet. Stayed here for 2 weeks and really enjoyed it! Would've given it 5 stars if the rooms are more modern. The room I stayed at was clean but the design was a bit old. I think they are renovating many of the rooms. I will definitly stay here again!

1  Thank Toshtosh304
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Overall experience is Superb and consistent... It is indeed a value for money. Going back is like living the dream time and again.... I will keep on coming back. I just wish my company will book me again so I relive the dream...

1  Thank MarkAnthony8581