New World Makati Hotel
$68
$115
$99
  • Pool
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
$49
$38
$96
$73
3,819 results
All reviewsresidence clubgreenbelt mallgreen beltbusiness tripthe club loungeexcellent locationbreakfast buffetexcellent staystar hotelconvenient locationliving roomdollyshoppingwilsonmanilajasminesecurity
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed at New World three times 2011-2012 and 4 times 2010-2008. This is the hotel that I stayed with whenever I am in Makati and the room rates are really good. The last time was stay 2 nights at a superior room and get a voucher for one night executive room. I stayed 6 nights and made 3 separate bookings and received 3 free vouchers. Best deal in town.

Anyway, the superior rooms are roomy, great toilet and bath, the bathroom shampoo, soap, skin cream are first class (sorry I forgot the brand name). The bed is very, very comfortable like you do not like to wake up and just sleep. Local newspaper everyday, in my room I got free internet, free breakfast (well not really free because you paid for it as part of the room rate). Gym and sauna/steam room do not miss plus swimming pool (be sure to order your drinks). Some nights they have this great lady soloist singing ballads and R&Bs at the lounge. The hotel has a disco (which I did not go to) and saw young adults falling in line to get in (so dress smart in case you go).

Shopping malls abound the area. Cross the street to go to Greenbelt for signature brands (local and foreign) and do not miss the night life on the same shopping mall. Restaurants - foreign and local - you get to choose what you want.

If you have money to spend and you are willing to spend, try the Shangrila or Peninsula hotels about 15 minutes walk from New World. If you are after good value for you green bucks. then go for New World Hotel.

Before I forget, when checking in, I suggest that you ask for a room fronting Greenbelt not lower than 4th floor as it has the best view. Of course you see buildings but you are in Makati.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I liked the Executive Lounge is a must.. A very good value for money..The customer service was superb! It was a refuge during the day since the noise of the construction work was unbearable (we were not informed upon check in) nor there was not a note as mentioned by service center when I complained. The safe was constantly having problems (every day). The service center was prompt in addressing this issue and with follow through. Bed is not so comfy.. Needs to be replaced.
Overall the customer service, lounge and location are the reasons to come back..

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I booked for a few nights in this hotel, I had been staying here before and location is perfect just opposite Greenbelt SM. My experiences with this hotel so far were ok.

They gave me a room at the 15th floor, but I was confronted by a tremendous noise coming from the upper floors due to refurbishment. I knew the hotel was being renovated cause i was staying here before but assumed the renovations would have been done already, but it appeared then it was only the lobby and exterior and now they were working their way up till down for internal renovation. Works were only going on from 10 till 18 they assured me but this was such a horrible noise that I immediately decide to check out! Its impossible to relax and work in your room when they tear the thing apart above your head.

Ofcourse then the machine came in motion and a duty officer apologized dozens of time. She offered me a room a few floors down, but that one was near the escalators and still the noise from the works on the 19th were clearly audible. Finally they offered me a room on the 4th floor and I accepted it cause I needed a rest. No nice view though and traffic noise (the hotel is next to a busy crossroad).

Later on I realised how outdated the room was and that this hotel really needs refurbishment! Especially with 2 brand new hotels around the corner (Holiday Inn and Fairmont).

I woke up at 6 a.m. from daylight. I didnot notice earlier, but the curtains were way too short so daylight was coming in with sunrise and lightened the room.

I checked out the same morning after this very disappointing stay.

I am sure the hotel will look great after the renovation (which hotel wouldn't?) but this was a real bad experience. I wont be back till the complete renovation is done. Paying about 150 US dollar per night for staying on a construction site is for me not acceptable. I dont understand why they not just close the hotel for 6 months, work their butt off in 2 shifts so they can reopen the hotel with upgraded rooms and upgraded prices in the same year instead of this renovation that goes on for years.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel cause of the noisy renovation works. And if you like to stay, ask for a room at the lower floors!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Alex A
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed overnight at the New World in Makati City in May 2013.

I arrived late in the evening from my flight from New York City. Check-in was fast and efficient and I was provided luggage assistance from the driveway after alighting from my cab to my suite.

The bedroom was big, it faced the pool and was quiet. The bathroom was also big - with a separate bathtub and shower stall. The amenities were generous, including free bottles of mineral water. Bed was comfortable and I was able to sleep well through the night.

The staff that I encountered had been fantastic. One incident that I would like to share was upon arrival I realized my US-based bank had locked my account for security purposes and I had to contact them to release my account. I dialed international from the room phone and was waiting to be connected but after 5 minutes requested assistance from the hotel operator. He was not able to connect me to the number and upon inquiry I found out that I had already accumulated charges for the phone call close to $70. I was alarmed of course but the operator informed me that I could talk to the desk manager in the morning to request for a write-off. I did do this and the very pleasant lady (I forgot her name) without much question agreed to removing the amount from my charges. It was such a great experience, so unbelievable that it was accomplished with no drama at all. Check out was also efficient and I have already booked myself to the hotel when I return to Manila in December.

The location of the hotel is right across Greenbelt 5 where the best shops and restaurants are located. I did not have the chance to try any of the facilities of the hotel - hotel, spa or gym but I will recommend that guests pay for the buffet breakfast that offers a wide range of variety - from local breakfast fare to continental options. The fruit tray is not to be missed especially the Philippine mangoes and pineapples.

Overall a great experience and would highly recommend my friends to stay at the hotel. As I have said, I am definitely coming back.

Room Tip: Request for rooms on a higher floor to enjoy the view of the city in the evenings.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MariaVictoria0918
Reviewed June 17, 2013

A gorgeous hotel - staff very welcoming, room always spotless, lots of little extras if you upgrade to executive suites. It's a little bit of paradise in a jungle of a city - will definitely stay again. My only complaint - couldn't get the air conditioning cool enough :(

Room Tip: Higher floors have executive options.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business