New World Makati Hotel
$116
$99
Orbitz.com
3,754 results
All reviewsresidence clubgreenbelt mallgreen beltbusiness tripthe club loungeexcellent locationbreakfast buffetexcellent staystar hotelconvenient locationliving roomdollyshoppingwilsonmanilajasminesecurity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is under upgrading, it's a good thing that they are trying to improve. It is notified to the guest on the confirmation so don't complain if you already knew it. The rooms n all are definitely not up to standard, of not they won't be needing an upgrading.

Location is fantastic! Green belt is just opposite the road, with plenty of restaurants to keep the variety going for one week! Luxury and labels are all in here! And Ayala station and more shopping like The Landmark is just with 5min walk.

I would definitely stay here again for my next trip!

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Shane C
Reviewed January 20, 2013

It's actually not a bad hotel, but I was there when renovations was underway so it was a little bit inconvenient to always make it to the 2nd floor to get to the elevators. I expected a little more from the hotel, but that's not to say it was a bad experience. It is a little on the pricey side but I did enjoy the stay and the pool was great.

The room was a decent size, bed was comfy and food was pretty good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Francis G
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before for business, so wanted to come back again. The foyer is still undergoing renovation, but it is more open and welcoming. The removal of the metal scanner at the front door certainly made it nicer to walk into the place. With the renovation going on, you had to walk up to the mezzanine level to access the lift, but the hotel had enough staff positioned to help you out.

The room was disappointing, carpet had a sticky feel to it when you walked bare feet and the whole room smell stale when you walked in. The room need a good coat of paint or a complete make over to bring it up to standard.

Reception staff was very attentive, but room service staff was slow and I had to request 3 times for a simply thing like clearing out the mini bar.

Breakfast is the one saving grace of this hotel. Very good variety, both Asian and European, so staying there for a week does not get boring. The fresh juice bar is great to pick you up in the morning. The staff at break fast are very attentive and your coffee is constantly refilled and hot.

I may stay at other places near the area next time, until the rooms are freshened up.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Thanhle70
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I really expected more with the name NEW world. The lobby looks new but bare. No seating to wait for my driver. I was shocked with how outdated the room was. So dark and musty like its the 60's or somewhere where I haven't been born yet. The carpet looks very old and dirty It looks scary! The beds- not comfortable at all! I think beds are the most important hardware for a hotel. I hardly slept and I stayed there for 3 nights because all the other hotels in the area were full! Sad! Also the guard checking our bags at the entrance were not friendly at all!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank BillytheTraveler
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We book for a 3 night stay from the 2nd of January to the 5th of January 2013 as a bit of a treat to kick back and enjoy a nice hotel at the end of 2 week trip. The room was booked online back in May 2012.

On arrival, the Bellhop was quick to greet us and assist us with our luggage (2 roller bags). The check-in was relatively uneventful with the exception that the lady at Reception serving us complaining to her friend, also at Reception, that her fingers were so tired from all the typing from the check ins. I am not a natural Tagalog speaker but having done business in the Philippines over the years I do understand enough of the language. My thoughts at the time were "I hope the poor girl is not in such a cranky mood that we get the crappiest room in the hotel”! I handed over the luggage tag from the Bellhop at the end of the check in and ask for the luggage to be sent up.

After a bit of bumbling around in the foyer to find the lifts (the lady at Reception gave vague directions with a dismissive wave of the hand) we found that you had to negotiate the stairs in the foyer to the Mezzanine Floor to get the lifts upstairs. This was due to renovations being carried out at the hotel. Anyways, so far so good, we found the lifts and headed to the room.

The room faced Greenbelt, which was nice but it also face the afternoon sun. Usually facing the afternoon sun is not a problem except that the air conditioning which was already set at 160 C was not that cool. No matter, we were on holidays.

My wife turns on the television to get the news whilst we settled back to wait for the luggage to be brought up. The television came up with a message saying that the “signal was weak” or something to that effect – suffice to say that it was not working the way we expected it to. She logged a call to have it fixed. No matter, we were on holidays, small things like this was not going to spoil our trip.

After 25 minutes of waiting for our luggage, we decided we would go and have lunch at Greenbelt instead of sitting in the room waiting. At our return from lunch there was a message to call the Concierge to have our luggage brought up. We thought it was a bit strange but no matter we were on holidays. My wife rang for the luggage and it was going to be brought up.

After that call to have our luggage brought up I noticed the message light blinking on the room telephone. I decided to retrieve what I thought would be a voicemail but instead it was the Front Desk, who duly asked if we wanted our luggage sent up. A bit of a redundant question considering I had asked it to be sent up at check in and my wife had also just called the Concierge to have it sent up. No matter, we were on holidays so I asked for our luggage to be sent up.

Whilst waiting for the luggage my wife went to have a shower to freshen up. I was left to fire up my computer to check on happenings back at work. Guess what, the internet service was a chargeable service so I decided that I didn’t really need to check on work. What the hell I’m on holidays!

Another 20 to 25 minutes later, still no luggage and my wife is waiting for a change of clothes. She wasn’t feeling so carefree anymore and neither was I. I head to the Front Desk to enquire about where our luggage was. Mind you, to be heard over the noise of the jack hammer in the foyer I was almost shouting. The lady politely told me that I need to check with the Concierge at the counter next to her. Ok, my bad here for going to the wrong counter but she was doing nothing and there was no other person needing to be served, surely she could have helped me by facilitating my enquiry?

I walked the 10 paces over to the Concierge and waited for service. When someone finally appeared I again asked for our luggage. Another wait and 10 minutes later the guy from the Concierge service finally appears with the luggage and asks if I would like for it to be sent up to my room !!! My reply was a firm “No” and I carried the luggage up to the room myself. After nearly 3 hours we had our luggage.

Apart from the luggage debacle, what about the hotel I hear you say. The room (including the bathroom) was tired and dark; it needed a facelift and better lighting. The air conditioning was barely sufficient. The internet was a chargeable service.

The location of the hotel is great being in the heart of Makati.

The pricing is also good if it was a 5 star hotel however, it is well short of being a 5 star hotel. So I don’t rate the pricing as good value.

I will be back in Manila for work and vacations but this time I think The Peninsular, Shangri La or Dusit Thani Hotel may be more deserving of my hard earned cash. I’ve already book The Peninsular for our next trip !!

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the afternoon sun as the air conditioning is weak.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple