“The bar has just been raised!”

New World Makati Hotel
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Hotels across the world take notice! I really don’t know where to start, so I will start with my day. I woke up early the first day and got ready to go to work. I went to the elevator and passed a fellow American (it’s funny, we do look alike), and asked him where to find the continental breakfast. He said “that is no continental breakfast! That place is amazing! Take a right out of the elevator and stay to the right, you can’t miss it…”
I would like to quote Forrest Gump, “I don’t know …. But I do remember the first time I saw the most beautiful whole thing in the world!”
When we (Americans) say continental breakfast… we don’t mean Continental, as in every Continent in the world. Incredible presentation, “the best” service, and great food! I had sushi every morning, traditional Filipino food (sorry I don’t remember the names, if I was paid to do this I would have written it down), traditional American, European pastries, cheeses, cold cuts and smoked fish. The fruit of the Philippines is the best I have ever tasted, so the variety of juices and fruit was outstanding! Only because I don’t want to be long winded, I am going to stop talking about breakfast.
I was going to talk about the front counter, concierge, bell hops and door people. (trying to keep this short) Every time I walk past someone it was “good morning sir” always with a smile, a genuine smile. The place is amazingly clean, professional and comfortable.
The rooms are great. I travel a lot. A room is a room. They had all the amenities, bed was comfortable, the pillows (6) nice, the TV was big and flat, and the view was amazing and all for around $200 a night.
In the evenings, I would go upstairs take a shower and go back down to the Cinnabar for a “schlaft mooche” (Dutch for nightcap). Maybe I have seen too many Asian movies where they use a local band and kill the songs, sing off tune or worse, have no voice. Let’s just say there regular band would have no problem getting booked all over the place in the US and Canada. This is where I am going to get in trouble, but I did not write down everyone’s name. I met almost everyone working there, I had so much fun talking to them and unwinding after very challenging, hot sweaty days at work. After the first night everyone knew who I was! Personal service is what keeps me coming back….ok, ok and strong drinks! So skip ahead to the last night. The conversation, (waitress) “Sir John, you will be here tomorrow night?” (me) “no I have to leave tomorrow for Cebu for a couple of days of fun in the sun” (waitress) “you will stay here on your way back?” (me) “no I am at the airport for a couple hours before I fly home” (waitress with look of distress on her face and then starts to cry) “when will you be back?” (me) “I don’t know, maybe a year”. She leaves and comes back with the manager. He comes over and says “Sir John, I hear that you are leaving us tomorrow, I am so sad that you are leaving us. I enjoyed talking to you and wish you the best wishes”. This is what puts this place over the top…. He had spent the last two nights in the hospital with abdominal pain, most likely gal stones, and he is working in a lot of pain, which he tried to hide and he is more concerned about me and my travels. He should have been sitting in the back room taking it easy, (which I told him) but he said that he really enjoys people and enjoyed taking care of me.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank mimitu

Reviewed March 14, 2011

Was in Manila on a business trip. Hotel was good. Had the privilege to breakfast on the 23rd floor with view of the surrounding buildings. Room was rather large, bed comfortable, everything worked, coffe maker, but only one sachet of coffee, regulary replenished, no ironing board, laundry rather expensive, but within one day, noise from streets on both sides of the hotel, no garden or pool, but it is a city hotel, just oppoiste the green belt, that is a kind of artificial miniature park, anyhow, staff really very friendly and helpfull. what surprised me most was the high water pressure in the bath tub and shower.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Frequentvoyager
Reviewed March 13, 2011

My name is Elizabeth Sonnier, President of Water Oak International, an international trade brokerage firm based in Houston, Texas. On February 12-21, 2011, my niece, Cecille Zarra, and I stayed at New World Hotel in Makati, Manila.

In our business of global trading we travel to every corner of the world. And while many of the hotels we have seen have great service, it is very rare to find a one where 100% of the staff would have such professional representation to equal that of a five-star hotel. And it is with great pleasure that we commend New World Hotel for the hospitality that the entire staff had shown us during our nine-day stay. From the Director of Front Desk, Glescy Reyes, the Chief of Security, Cj, Accounts Staff, Ms. Aquino, bellman, Jet, restaurant attendants, housekeeping, door persons, front desk personnel, the doctor and the nurse who attended to my medical needs when I had food poisoning, and to the rest of security, they all gave us such a special treatment.

I would like to also commend their restaurants and all the waiting staff. They were so attentive, making sure that they provided us with everything that we needed and more. In addition to serving the freshest variety of authentic Filipino and international foods, they also taste like home made meals.

All these are reflections of the type of management that New World Hotel maintains. Water Oak International, who is in the business of international trading and brokering have now begun highly recommending New World Hotel as the best place to stay when in Manila.

Elizabeth B. Sonnier
President

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank esonnieratglobal2020
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Spent 3 days here on business - one of the friendliest hotels I have ever stayed in.... excellent location for Greenbelt.I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AltyDave
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Spent 8 nights the end of February-beginning of March. The hotel exceeded all expectations with easy checkin/checkout, friendly staff with always a welcoming smile. As stated in other reviews the included breakfast buffet was one of the best we have ever experienced. Hotel security was very high with all vehicles approaching the front of the hotel stopped and inspected prior to being allowed further access. All luggage entering the hotel is further screened as well as guests passing through a metal detector.
My only complaint is the prices charged for use of the minibar: 210 pesos for soft drink and a San Miguel at 240. I asked at the front door if there was any problem bringing water or soft drinks into and hotel and was told there was not so soft drinks and beer were carried into the hotel as well as a couple of pizzas one night.
Shopping is a minute away just across the street at Greenbelt Mall and is one huge complex. Landmark Department store is approximately 4 minutes away with additional shopping as well as a supermarket where snacks and soft drinks can be obtained.
Additionally SM Mall and Ayala Station is about 12 minutes away from the hotel.
We never ate in the hotel dinningroom as there were so many places at the mall to explore.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beachlover0099
Reviewed February 27, 2011

It was my first time to Manila, also my first flight with Cebu Pacific. It was great as for ticket price, crew service, airport facilities (NAIA 3), time accuracy, but the only flight daily was scheduled around midnight, which bothered me so much !
We landed at 4:30 AM, we assumed the check in time was 2:00 PM, but what could we do in the airport at such time ? We took a coupon taxi straight to New World Hotel with no hope at all to check in so early. It was quite dark, the whole town was sleeping, but New World was all bright, fresh with plenty of warm smiles like ever. They let us check in right away with no comments. The day we left we kept the room untill very late with no extra charge. We paid for 2 nights in a deluxe executive which offered us lot of extra benefits, among them 3 full days meals.
We had a good time visting Manila with the nice assistance of the concierge ladies. I would say Makati is a deluxe city, instead of big, or modern. or efficient ... I particularly appreciate the well arranged green spaces and all the clean walkways that we can find anywhere in the city.
Actually, even though they didn’t let us check in early and check out late (it was really early and really late), I still like New World chains, specially New World Makati. The location was ideal, facilities and service perfect, and staffs were so sweet, I mean professionally sweet.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TTDao
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We spent the frist three nights of our Philippines holiday at the New World Hotel Makati and it exceeded all of our expectations. We booked a club room and were located on the 24th floor which had a great view out over the city (good view to watch the fireworks). The service we received was extremely personal by every staff member we dealt with (especially Law in the club lounge - he was lovely!). We were greated by ours names at all times and were really made to feel special. The brekky in the club room was really nice, cold buffet with hot meals off the Al a Cart menu. Evening finger food & drinks were also included, was a great spot to have a few nibbles & wine before heading accross to Greenbelt for dinner. The hotel pool was lovely, 25m with plenty of loungers and the gym was possibly the best I have ever seen in a hotel - quality equipment and plenty of it. Lastly, the location of the hotel could not be better, Greenbelt is literally straight across the road, we felt extremely safe at all times and the dinning options were endless. We would definitely recommend this hotel and when we return to Manila this will always be our first choice.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple