“Good food but Poor Service and Atmosphere”
Review of Red

Ranked #473 of 1,431 Restaurants in Makati
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Have dined at Red with colleagues and business guests. The decor is great and the staff were attentive in getting us all seated.

Unfortunately I found the staff after this point a little frustrating. We had a Large table of 10 booked and decided we would all share some white and red wine. Bottles were ordered but the staff were slow in getting glasses filled. Staff needed reminding by ourselves to keep the clients glasses topped up and were generally slow. Given a table of 10 are going to spend upwards of $1,000 you would expect good service.

The atmosphere is also a little stale. This was our 3rd visit and on all occasions the restaurant has not been full, usually 50% occupied and quiet. Possibly the price prevents most coming as it is slightly expensive.

The food I cannot complain about. Good quality, not a full 5 stars but easily 4.

I was happy with the visit considering but I may have been a little disappointed had it been my own money.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

It's hard to find a really good steak place in Makati but Red delivers. My husband and I have dined here 3 or 4 times and it's consistently good. It's not cheap but worth paying that little bit more for quality, the tenderloin was cooked perfectly. The service is top notch too. Highly recommended.

1  Thank ElMelbourne
Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Topnotch everything and the barmaid was very ingenious!

The grilled items were succulent and the starters were perfect.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We have been here a few times now, and it is always very very good. The steak is wonderful, as are their desserts.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

I've been dining at Red since it was called "Chevel Blanc" so my dining experiences go back almost 20 years. I've been actually residing in Manila now for 4 years and have been fortunate to experience many of the fine dining restaurants that have recently emerged in this burgeoning city. With the new offerings in Greenbelt, the Fort and Rockwell one is now spoiled for choice but, Red remains my favourite. The ambience and service is without peer and the menu always seems to provide too many enticing options. I doubt there is anywhere else in the world where a serious diner can enjoy such high standards for such a comparatively modest expenditure. Well done Red - especially "Torky".