“Unbeatable Ambiance, Healthy Menu BUT Service Has To Improve”

The Lobby at Manila Peninsula Hotel
Ranked #17 of 1,351 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Filipino, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manila
“Unbeatable Ambiance, Healthy Menu BUT Service Has To Improve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I love Manila Peninsula, precisely because of its lobby. It's cozy, but at the same time, very elegant. I appreciate that they have added healthy meals into their menu. I think they collaborated with The Farm to come up with organic, vegetarian meals. One thing I really didn't like during my last visit was the bad service. I had to request everything twice like asking for warm water and etc. My bill also took a long time to arrive. Calling on the f&b of The Lobby, pls. improve your service. Do it the Shangri-la way.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Taipei, Taiwan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Classy High Tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Gorgeous lobby, went there for high tea. Food was yummy and tea excellent, the staff treated us wonderfully even though we stayed there for hours. We even stayed after high tea because they had a live orchestra playing classical music on the balcony, the orchestra played two songs that I requested which was so lovely! They had a manager in training from Mexico who was exceptionally good at his job, he made our lil group of students feel like royalty!

• Visited January 2014
Metro manila
“Great Lobby but not a great dining experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

The Pen Lobby as it is called is a marvellous place to unwind in the evenings, have a drink and enjoy some simple snacks while chatting away.

A place to see and be seen, this lobby has many memories attached to it however, dining is really just average. Service is very pleasant and courteous but quality is so-so except perhaps for the incredible ice cream treats offered.

Metro Manila offers far better dining experiences but few can compare to the Pen's incredible Lobby, perfect for a cocktail or an after dinner drink.

• Visited January 2014
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
“Dinner at The Lobby”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Let me start with the good points.

First well it's at Manila Peninsula, which is very nice, and the second point is the live music. I loved the sound of the Saxophone playing, I could hear them well since our table was near the musicians.

The rest, I could say that I was luke warm on the place and the food. The service wasn't that good cause you have to wait really long for them to notice you. As for the food, well since it wasn't afternoon tea that we had or any of their special buffet events, it was okay. You could find other places with more delicious ones. Good thing the price wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be or else I would rant that I was being cheated lol.

• Visited December 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Nice Afternoon Tea Option in the Metro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I went there with my gal pals to try their high tea. It was packed as expected on a weekend holiday. We forgot to reserve and had to go on wait list. Good that one of us went there early so 2nd in line isn't so bad. She got there by 3pm and it was all full.

When we got our table, we were offered the afternoon tea buffet (Php800++) but since we were there for snacks, we option for the a la carte afternoon tea set. We also ordered nachos then one of us requested for a bread basket that would have croissants but they didn't have one so what the servers did was to charge us with the same price as an afternoon tea and got us some croissant sandwiches from the buffet table. I love their wide tea selections and offer TWG teas, aside from their gourmet teas.

Love the ambiance of the place and it's a great place to chill or do business.
I would go there another time for their afternoon tea buffet!

• Visited December 2013