“Still one of the best places to relax”

The Lobby at Manila Peninsula Hotel
Ranked #14 of 1,486 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Still one of the best places to rest and grab a snack. The Halo-halo is a must. Also, the king oscar's cake at The Cake Shop is a must try for sweet tooths.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I treated my friends here because my family used to enjoy high tea at the Lobby. My friends and I were extremely disappointed. The pasta was cold. Gone were the wide variety of dishes, both western and Asian. What happened? What a shame since this is the Peninsula where locals like to hang out to unwind and listen to live music.

3  Thank Coellum
Reviewed February 24, 2013

A friend suggested that take the afternoon tea here once, and since then, we have been back 3 times. The atmosphere is just great and the food is wonderful. Service is excellent! I suggest that you try the tea when you want to relax after a difficult week or celebrate after some success or when you simply want to lounge.

1  Thank Eriq G
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My friends and I like going to different tea salons and so far, the afternoon tea buffet at The Manila Peninsula remains our favorite. The selection of food is great. I personally loved their cheesecake. The scones are also served with clotted cream, as opposed to the whipped creams we get elsewhere. It's quite filling and there wasn't anything I ate that I disliked. I had a partial addiction to their tea set, too. The service at the lobby, though, wasn't as quick as the other restaurants in the hotel. We're definitely going back to this place again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Because of the beautiful and tasteful Christmas decoration this hotel is placing every year we decided to have dinner in the Lobby Restaurant. We ordered three different dishes as a main course, but all were served luke warm. As the salad was not described clearly, I advised the waitress that I do not wish to have bell peppers. But when the salad arrived it contained quite a lot of bell peppers. I experienced the luke warm meals several times in the past and it seems the hotel has a problem caused by the distance from the kitchen to the lobby. I recommend to have lunch or dinner at the Old Manila Restaurant which is excellent.

1  Thank marc_martin