“Great Sports Bar”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2014

If you are looking for a sports bar with fantastic pub food then come to Howzat, quality food, excellent service and value for money. If you are there on a Sunday you must have the Sunday roast Deal form 12-3pm, beautiful selection of roasted meats, salads and veg, price includes unlimited beer - bargain..
The burgers are also one of the best I've had, I tried the "hangover" burger for obvious reasons and it didn't disappoint!!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stumbled across this little gem within 90mins of arriving in Manila from Australia. Checked in at my nearby hotel mid-afternoon & was looking forward to relaxing with an icy cold beer whilst watching some weekend sport. After a scan of my TripAdvisor phone app after checking into City Garden Hotel I discovered Howzat sports Bar was close by. I asked the friendly hotel reception staff for directions & found the bar without any trouble.

Walked into the bar & sat on one of the spare stools up at the central bar. One of the bar crew with the cutest smile immediately offered me a San Mig which was certainly icy cold. The same young lady also realised that I was by myself so whenever possible she took time out of her busy work routine to have a chat & share a laugh with a slightly jet-lagged Aussie (thank you Penny).

The bar has many TV screens with different sports but to my delight I looked up at one of the TV’s & saw that they had the live telecast of my AFL team playing their pre-season match – perfect timing! The bar became very busy during the early evening with a big soccer game on but everyone including the staff had fun.

Look out for the daily drink specials which are great value for money. The meals are huge too!

The bar team are friendly & I revisited the bar on a number of occasions during my two week stay in Makati for business. On each occasion the staff remembered me & always made time to have a friendly chat which is good especially for those traveling alone.

Certainly looking forward to seeing some familiar smiling faces on my next trip to Manila later this month.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have been going to Howzat for more than 3 years and have always enjoyed the food and the friendly service I have received. Last Saturday the Manageress decided to change the channel in the middle of a rugby game, when we complained, she became excpetionally agressive and irate. This is not the first time we have had an incident like this. Her name is Vange and she is absolutely terrible with regards to customer service, you need to avoid this nasty peice of work at all costs - really unpleasant to deal with. Having said that, the rest of the crew are an absolute pleasure.

2  Thank Shayne M
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Well, you take what you can get in a foreign country. This is definitely not the place to go to catch a more obscure NFL or college football game. They do broadcast the main NFL game via AFN or an equivalent in perfect quality. Any other game, they can bring up for you but via internet streaming and quality really varies. So, entertainment is hit and miss. The food tends to be decent and huge portions at very affordable prices so this is a highlight. Service is also hit and miss where you can walk in an wait 15 minutes before you are asked for your drink order – kinda odd for a bar.

As for food, I recommend the pizzas (they are huge for the price), fish and chips, or the hotdogs all of which are great bar choices. They have curry buffets for free on certain days but I have not indulged on one of those.

The atmosphere can range from very subdued to kinda rowdy depending on the telecast. The CFB championship game was great. However, I have gone at other times and it seems like a church. The managers due to a good job of keeping out the working girls – at least the ones that come by themselves – but don’t seem to have a problem for the guys that want to bring in their own (maybe I am judging too much here).

If you are in a pinch and want to watch a game in a social setting, this is about the best you can expect in Makati. Lastly, they have really late and early hours which is good for catching US based live broadcasts.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Please improve the quality of ur hamburgers.... its nasty,,, wat r all the stringy threads inside the burger meat... can u find real beef in philippines.... i hate eating that mystery meat...

but thanks for being one of only 3 bars with ASN on the Flatscreen...