“affordable yet comfortable...”
Review of Avitel Hotel

Avitel Hotel
Ranked #19 of 40 Makati B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 9, 2012

the hotel offers 12hrs stay w/c is very practical. the location is just beside slex so expect that you can hear niosy vehicles in your room but you can ask the receptionist to locate you to the opposite side of the hotel. the entire place is so clean and the entire service crew are very accommodating. i was located at the 4th flr and sad to say, they don't have an elevator but don't worry, avitel is not like other big hotels with longer and higher stairs. accessibility, very good. i would recommend avitel. a hotel that is affordable yet comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank traveller02041983

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one night in early June. I had a single suite which is tiny by North American standards, but I've stayed in a Mercure hotel in Paris that was almost similar in size. The room was clean as was the bathroom. The bed and pillows were comfortable and very clean. The bathroom didn't have a tub which is par for the size of this room. The hot water contraption took some figuring out and could use a note with simple instructions.

The staff are super courteous and very helpful. They are what will make me return to this hotel when I'm in the city. The lobby has only a couple of lounge sofas which could make it inconvenient for a large group to congregate either for checking in or waiting for pickup.

The hotel is a few minutes from NAIA which is convenient. It cost me P450 by fixed rate taxi but it could cost maybe P300 by metred taxi. It's not the easier place to find... the facade is narrow, but don't let the taxi driver fool you by pretending he does not know where it is. This hotel is frequented by enough travellers to be known by taxis. Tell the taxi driver that it's along South Superhighway right across Walter Mart, near the PNB train station.

The hotel does not have an elevator so specify a room at the second floor if walking a flight of stairs is not for you. There seems to be staff around to carry the luggage... I arrived at midnight and someone carried my bags to the 4th floor.

Bottomline: pros are 1) good value, 2) clean and comfortable bed, 3) super helpful and courteous staff. Cons are 1) road noise, 2) tiny single suite, 3) no elevator. .

Room Tip: To me, the most important factor is cleanliness. I check the reviews for this particular comment...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JSepi
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This hotel surely reminds me of hotels in Japan. Rooms are small - and so are the bathrooms. Some rooms have their sink by the door way. If you are quite tall - perhaps more than 5' 7", it would be quite impossible to sit on the toilet without your knees touching the door. That is only if you wish to close the door. Not unless you don't mind having the door open, then that is alright. No elevator so you have to go by the stairs. Unfortunate for you if you get booked on higher floors. Considering the rate with breakfast and the cleanliness, its a reasonable price. The only downside is that - the hotel is located on the south super highway, and can be quite noisy.

Unfortunately, I used the toilet few hours after I arrived and somehow the doors locked when I stepped out. When I called the housekeeping, they could not find the key to the bathroom and kept trying to find ways to open it. When they ran out of tools to use and couldn't open the bathroom door, I was asked to move to another room cos they really couldn't find the key. I find this quite inconvenient on my part. How can a hotel not have a spare key to their bathrooms ? I was asked politely by the staff to move, I appreciated that. However, I felt the inconvenience having to get dressed again ( was in my towel ) and move my things, pack things that I have unpacked. Can be quite stressful, esp if you have a long flight ahead of you.

In spite of the incident about the bathroom, I would still recommend this hotel to anyone who may be looking at an overnight stay or short lay over.

Room Tip: I would suggest you ask for a room from 2nd to 3rd floor. It can be quite tiring having to go up and...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank izziegon
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Excellent choice for a short stay,near the airport.Less than 12 hours, they have a special rate..very good when in transit for islands hopping, hard to beat.Very clean hotel, modern with excellent staff, especially the manager Monalissa who went out of her way to help us up with our travel need. She was so efficient and helpful. We stayed 3 times during our travel in the Philippines and each time it was perfect. I recommend the hotel...It is very close to Makati, a 8 pesos ride by jeepney to excellents restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: For a few pesos more, ask for a bigger room, the difference in price is minimal.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank madyMontreal
Reviewed March 20, 2012

i was looking out for a budget hotel for an overnight stay and was lucky to come across the website of avitel hotel. I was on a tight budget so i really have to narrow my choices on a B&B stay of 2000 or less

PROS:
CLEAN: the sheets are new and bathroom is clean and well maintained, the whole hotel looks new and i love the cozy ambiance of the place.
AFFORDABLE: we spent 2000pesos for bed and breakfast which is a lot cheaper compared to the nearby hotels in the area
NICE STAFF: kudos to the staff of this hotel, they are attentive and polite. they answer my questions and attends to my requests promptly
GREAT BREAKFAST: Sarap! we had a choice between filipino and western and both meals were great

CONS: a bit noisy since its located on the side of the street but it is tolerable and i can say that i still had a good night rest

overall, this is one of those hotels when you need to stay for a night without worrying much on your budget. A true value for your money.

Room Tip: choose rooms on the right side of the hall not the one beside the street
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank madelinemd
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I'll be objective with my reiew here. This hotel is affordable, less than 2k a night with set breakfast. Check-in was ok. Parking is a bit of a hassle because of their limited space. No elevators and our room was on the 5th floor. Tt was exhausing going up and down. Room was small but passable. What I hated was their super small bathroom that they had to place the sink outside the bathroom. (see photos). Bathroom is LITERALLY less than 1 sq.mtr. I REALLY HATED their sink. It was so small water had to pour on the floor while washing my face. It is like 12 inches wide. FOR REAL. you can see on the photo. Compare the electic socket beside it. (and an electric socket is actually beside it! dangerous) Shower pressure is not that strong. When I took a bath, the drainage was clogged. Had to call maintenance to fix it. Breakfast was set. It took 45 minutes before the inaccurate order arrived. I ordered for 1 tapa and 1 corned beef but 2 tapas arrived. Didn't bother to complain for it might take another 45 minutes for it to arrive. Checkout is only til 12. 500 per hour charge after 12pm.. Room and sheets are clean though. Staff are friendly too. free wi-fi. :) They just had to do something with their JOKETIME sink.

Room Tip: check the sink first
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank khrise
Reviewed February 10, 2012

The Avitel Hotel appears to be a fairly new building, with clean, adequate rooms, and friendly, helpful staff. The rooftop area appeared to be under construction, and the restaurant was not serving dinner on the day we visited. We went walking around the hotel and found the area to be fairly dodgy, although we did find a decent restaurant a couple of blocks away. The airport is pretty close, which was the main reason we chose the hotel. Overall, it satisfied our expectations of a clean hotel near the airport with working wifi. However, I wouldn't recommend the hotel for a long stay due to its location and apparent lack of a restaurant for lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank JourneyWithJason
Also consider these accommodations in or near Makati
VIP Suite
VIP Suite
#34 of 86 in Makati
Eurotel Makati Hotel
Eurotel Makati Hotel
#75 of 86 in Makati
aurumOne Makati Suites (formerly aurumOne Makati)
Red Planet Manila Makati
Red Planet Manila Aseana City
Artina Suites Hotel
Artina Suites Hotel
#27 of 86 in Makati

Been to Avitel Hotel? Share your experiences!