“Budget condotel, but nice location.”

Bel Air Soho Suites
Bel Air Soho Suites
Ranked #20 of 37 Makati B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Budget condotel, but nice location.”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I chose this condotel, as it was really located in a good location, as I was planning to meet my friends and do my personal errands within that area. Price is just okay for the property with the location having its big push in factor. However, the following instances made my stay not happy at all.
1. Check-in --> i went to the small lobby, which was actually the lobby for the residents. The actual lobby was merged in the internet cafe. I showed them my reservation details in my iphone as I wasnt able to print it out. I used Hotels.com in booking, and i was surprised to know that they dont know and initially, didnt acknowledged that it is part of their partners. I felt so embarassed when the receptionist, ask their admin/acctg, and still was not able to verify. In addition to this, the receptionist even looked for it in the internet, just to prove that their property is listed in that website. After 15 minutes of just trying to prove that my reservation was indeed genuine. She asked me to wait for 10 more minutes as the staff is still cleaning the bathroom of my assigned room. I can actually wait for 10 mins or so, but the thing is, I arrived past 3pm already, so how come, the room is still not yet ready?
2. Aircon --> There is no remote control, so i used the chair to manually turn it on and operate.
3. Telephone --> there is none, so how can i call the attention of the condotel? I still need to go down to the lobby and personally tell them my concern.
4. Broken glass window lock in the terrace --> security is at risk.

On the other hand, 1 positive thing about the hotel;
1. location --> close to business district, mall and bars

Overall, i would not recommend this hotel for other users, not unless, they can tolerate the above scenarios.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
10 Thank kram23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Good side:After a long walk, you will be welcomed with your tidy rooms and clean smelling toilets. Don't forget the amicable crew who will ensure your safety and grant any of your requests. Each room has a balcony, kitchen counter, kettle, lcd tv set and with hot/cold shower.The building is near the shopping centers where you can either give your legs exercise or take the jeepney for a fun ride. It is accessible to Ayala train station. Most of their clients are Koreans however there are also other foreigners. They do not have breakfast and laundry service which are all found just outside the building. Finding the place is tricky so one tip is just look for HECKLE N JECKLE Bar in Polaris Street. It is behind Citadel Inn and infront of Makati Palace Suite.
Thank you Mac!

Bad side: Some aircons are not working well---I think they should change them already.BUT they will make sure to fix everything on the dot! So they listen to you. They serve to please the clients. Then there is the fire alarm which sounded twice during our stay only because the Koreans were cooking in the middle of the night---midnight snacks???I would recommend microwave on each room than those electric stove.

Room Tip: request in advance and ask for a room inspection
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank wildsail
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 10, 2011

It's more of a condominium than a hotel. It's walking distance to Makati Avenue where a myriad of different cuisines can be found. It's also near Jupiter street where there are even more restaurants. Best of all, it's tucked in a quiet corner with an internet cafe at the ground floor.

You can call the reception for a cleaning request but do not expect a 4 or 5 star hotel service. This is clean, safe and good enough for the price (its affordable) without having to settle for some seedy hotel along the nearby area. No pool or gym though.

It's just a cab or jeepney ride away from Greenbelt but we opted to walk all the way to Greenbelt as it was pleasant. The cab isnt too familiar with the area though so be sure to say that its along Polaris near Makati Ave. Oh, the price did not include breakfast but it was okay, we enjoyed our short stay. We were not even considering staying here at first because we were not sure if they accommodated short-stay guests but we just walked in, inquired for a 3-night stay and came out content. The room has an aircon and a small TV. If we wanted to chill out in Makati, i guess we'd consider going back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 40winkswhentraveling
Also consider these accommodations in or near Makati
Citadel Inn Makati
The Good Shepherd Hostel
The Clipper Hotel
The Clipper Hotel
#5 of 57 in Makati

Been to Bel Air Soho Suites? Share your experiences!