“Over priced macaroons..try the carrot cake instead”
Review of Bizu

Bizu
Ranked #3 of 42 Dessert in Makati
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2014

70 pesos for one macaroons? This has to be good. But my eyes was caught by the nice looking carrot cake. So I ordered that also. Along with my snacks is a fresh brewed coffee. Tried the macaroons and find it no better than other macaroons I tasted. Very disappointed. But Bizu redeemed themselves when I tried the carrot cake. Wow.. this has to be one of the best tasting carrot cake I ever had. Coming back here again - not for their specialty macaroons - but for the moist and tasty carrot cake.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I had Madagascar Vanilla and Italian Pistachio Macaron de Paris and Chocolate Souffle Cake yesterday and it's just fine, nothing so special with it.

Looking forward on my next visit and hoping that it will better.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Bizu is great. The selection of dishes is broad, the quality great, and the service friendly. Price wise, it's just fine. I am a repeat customer!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The ambience of this place would be much nicer if they weren't located in the noisy GB2 area - outside is a ridiculously loud band that interferes with the quiet "romance" they've tried to achieve. My husband and I went for Valentine's Day and received overwhelmingly solicitous service (he's American). Then I returned by myself for a late dinner in May 2014, and I'm not sure if it was by myself or not, but after the receptionist seated me, I sat there for 30 minutes before someone finally took my order. I was sitting right by the door and caught the eye of several servers AND the receptionist,. My menu was down, and it was obvious that I was ready to order. But every time I started to call their attention, they would go to ANOTHER table to take their order. Honestly, I was about to walk out when they finally took my order. By then I was so tired that I didn't even bring it up because I just wanted to get out of there.

After my food was delivered, they were quick to clear my plate once I was finished but I had to go to the cashier station to ask for my check, order dessert (to go and I do like their desserts), and pay for the bill.

So the food is good, but the service needs to attentive to all guests, not just the ones they think will give them a bigger tip. Just because I dine alone doesn't mean I'm not worth your time. This last experience certainly left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not sure if I'll be back.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Had lunch there while we had a meeting. pasta was nice, well cooked. I ordered 10 hour beef which the waitor recomended to me, it was really good, meat was very tender. didn't had a chance to try the dessert, however it looks really nice.