“Authentic Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Telephone + 63 2 752 5669 http://food.clickthecity.com/b/SO17263
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was there in Manila for four months. I used to vist this restaurant frequently on weekends. The chicken Biryani; naan, butter chicken and lassi which I have tasted are all delicious. You will also get the south indian breakfast items like Dosa.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Service is ordinary and very expensive wines or a hefty corkage if you bring a bottle! My girlfriend felt the staff were unfriendly but I thought they were fine. The Bollywood tv kept me entertained. But after all that...the food is very good! Fresh, small but elegant and rich dishes. A good fix of my favorite cuisine!
P.s try the rose flavour lassi! :)

2  Thank Matt N
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The food served at Swagat is the closest that one can get to home cooked meals outside India. The prices are also reasonable. The taste is good and has quite a few options for vegetarians which is a surprize!! Would definetly recommend thier Aloo Puri :) Will definetly be visiting it many times while I am in Makati..

1  Thank VegIndiGal
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I came here twice with some friends and it was fascinating. The food is so delish. You can choose how spicy you'd like your food to be. I've tried their chicken tandoori and masala paired with tamarind rice, and I had it mild-spicy. I liked the rice because of the nuts they put in it. Not sure what it is but it adds a nice texture to every bite. I also had their mango lassik (I think that's how you spell it) and I it's not to sweet. It's light on my taste buds. I also tried their samosa. It's really good if you add tamarind sauce to it. The spice kicks in after every bite. With all this good food, I just wish they can improve how fast they serve it. It took at least 30 minutes before they serve it to you. I guess this is because they serve it fresh. The servers are nice with all the costume. Overall, it's a nice way to experience a little of India.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was here during a lunch break, since my office is very close to this restaurant. The ambiance is not so good at all, looks like a converted garage arranged with a lot of " Want to be Indian " decoration. The staff was not helpful at all, the menu was full of choices, when I asked for a suggestion, they do not even know what to advise. At the end I ordered a vegetarian curry, and Indian bread. The food was not so bad, but the problem was the portion ... Really too small plate for what I paid! For the same price you can find Indian restaurant with bigger portion and better price. I do not think I'll be back 'soon.