“Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff”

Mont Albo Massage Hut
Ranked #28 of 37 Spas & Wellness in Makati
More attraction details
Owner description: Mont Albo Massage Hut is a Filipino-inspired spa specializing in affordable Hilot (Filipino Traditional Massage) and Home therapy. It also provides other traditional massages and luxurious spa therapies such as body scrubs and Suob (herbal steam).
Davao
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I've tried this place more than a couple of times already. When you make an appointment for a certain time don't expect to be served by their staff by that time. I had to wait an hour twice already just to have my massage. I just go here because the location is convenient but I'm never going back again.

The therapists and the receptionists are noisy. Very unlike what a massage spa should be which is suppose to serene and quiet. We even heard the receptionist curse a few times. Mind you, they do these infront of the guest.

Management really doesn't know how to run this place. Better stay off because instead of having a peaceful experience you might end up having a lot more stress than when you came in.

Massage-wise, the therapists seem to know what they are doing so that's a plus.

Visited November 2013
8 Thank sunjun79
Massage_Hotty, General Manager at Mont Albo Massage Hut, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Since we have more than 25 branches in the Philippines, both franchised and company-owned, I would like to know the following details from the reviewer so that we can investigate the incident further:
1. Address of the branch visited
2. Date and Time of visit
3. Name of the receptionist she is referring to

Though we value every Mont Albo customer's comments, we want to make sure that incidents such as this would be accurately documented and processed before taking any action.

Thank you.

Miami Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great service and price”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I visited the location along the EDSA in Makati. The location was clean, and my masseuse was professional.
After selecting the type of massage and the length of time, I was escorted into a large dark room. The room was separated into smaller rooms by curtains with calming music being played. I got a 2 hour massage with oil that was very relaxing.
After my massage was over, I was brought a warm towel to wipe off some of the oil.
Overall my experience here was "Excellent".
If you decide to patronize this establishment, please don't forget to tip your masseuse.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Ryan Y
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“It Could Be Better”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My friend and I went to Mont Albo about last month for their Swedish Massage with Oil. We had a call earlier from staff informing us that if we were 15 minutes late then we won't be accommodated. We arrived at our scheduled appointment finding out that there was only 1 massage therapist at that time and one of us has to wait for the other one to finish.

We were assigned in a room close to the door, so we can see and feel people coming in and out which takes out the serene ambiance we were expecting.

There was a lot of marketing promotions on some celebrities being their customers but I guess it was just that - for their marketing. It was affordable, but it could be better. Comparatively for us, it was just an ordinary spa.

Visited September 2013
7 Thank Mimi_B227
Makati
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Value for the money”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

It was a good experience at Mont Albo Makati. The staffs were accommodating and polite. I was entertained by the therapist greeting us in Spanish. The interior of the private rooms are nicely done with private bath, not to mention they are clean, aromatic with relaxing background music. The sauna rooms are wooden inspired, a bit small though. The massage was just right and relaxing. They served us plated dinner, I wouldn’t say it’s superb, but it was good enough. Compare to Wensha, Mont Albo is way better and worth your penny if you want your spa experience to be relaxing and comforting.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Brenda R
Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb service for an affordable price!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The spa will definitely engage your senses! My eyes feasted on the very filipino, cozy and clean interior. It felt like home away from home. The smell of the spa is so aromatic and sweet.. the sound is calm and soothing, making you feel like you are close to mother nature. The receptionist greeted me warmly and briefly discussed the services. I availed the Hilot as I was told it is their best-seller.Then came the therapist. She politely led me inside and to my bed. During the massage, the therapist, from time to time, would ask me if the pressure is okay, ensuring that I'm relaxed and enjoying the service. One of the best hours of my life, if I may say. It's very rare to find a spa that provides quality service without hurting one's pocket. I would definitely come back again!

Visited August 2013