“Dim Sum!”

Jasmine
Ranked #66 of 1,431 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Jasmine, the New World Makati Hotel's popular Chinese restaurant, offers authentic Chinese gourmet dishes created by a renowned Hong Kong Chinese chef, Wong Kam On. The interior showcases a chic Chinese Art Deco design, and the menu presents specialties from across China, including Cantonese dim sum and barbecue delicacies, live seafood, and Peking duck. Jasmine is known for its commitment to sourcing only the freshest and highest-quality produce. Private dining rooms are available.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This Restaurant is located inside of the New World Hotel in Makati city. It is opened for lunch and dinner, but I reccomend the lunch, so that you can savor all the wonderful Dim Sum dishes they serve! They have a good wine selection but here what reigns supreme is the wonderful array of teas. The service is so wonderful that you would not easily forget these people!

1  Thank Robyuan

Reviewed January 23, 2013

When I'm in a Cantonese-style restaurant, the temptation, for me anyway, is to always go for the dim sum. And whilst the dim sum at Jasmine are very good, their head chef from Hong Kong is a master of classical Cantonese main courses. Do yourself a favour - next time you have the urge for some Chinese food, wend your way to the mezzanine floor of the New World Hotel next to Greenbelt.3. (Apart from anything ese, the spiffing new lobby is worth a visit.) Skip the dim sum (or just choose a very limited selection) and ask for the chef's recommendations.

Once your food arrives you'll be whisked back to Hong Kong - except that Jasmine is a blissfully quiet restaurant where conversation is easy and nothing detracts from the enjoyment of the food.

1  Thank JoshuaMMJ
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The restaurant is located on the 2nd floor of the New World Hotel and it is over priced. The food is average. The only thing I can see that is good would be the decor.

6  Thank Tony S
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was checked in at New World Hotel and had the opportunity to dine at Jasmine on two occasions and both times were pleasant.

Food: delicious Cantonese dishes, to name a few, like the siu mei, chicken dumpling, Chinese spinach with century egg, yang chow fried rice, crispy noodles with seafood and pork spareribs with Changkong sauce (popular dish) were flavorful and not overwhelming salty. You have the option to order the dishes in medium or large portions.

Service: efficient and the server attended to all our needs fairly quickly.

Price: quite expensive, for nine people I spent close to P6,000 for six dishes (including beverages) but it was worth it.

1  Thank rileyboo28
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Maybe my taste for Chinese food is spoiled by having eaten local versions from places like San Francisco, London, Madrid, Budapest, Cape Town, Mumbai, Sydney, Port Moresby etc... but... you knew there was a but.... the food in Jasmine didnt wow me. I expected a wow and all I got was a fizzle. The duck was ok, the pork was less than ok... I was just expecting more and it never met my expectations. The place was empty as well. I have tried this place on two occassions, on my next trip to Manila I will not repeat my visit to Jasmine there are a lot more restaurants in the Greenbelts to try or try again. I am giving it Average but its right there very close to poor but just above it, barely.