“worth it”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Became my favourite place in greenbelt. Good live band, indoor and outdoor. Prices are not that outrageous, especially if you compare to other restaurants in Greenbelt. I have tasted the sashimi salmon with waffles, it was really awesome and surprising and plate was really generous though it was a starter. The chef is french and you can see that all the dishes are quite elaborated and original. The wine list is bit disappointing but that's the only negative point i have noted so far. Another good thing, it's the first restaurant of the greenbelt 2 alley, means that when sitting outside, you don't feel stuck in the crowd and smoke of others outlets.

1  Thank bobOkinawa

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was the second time my wife and I have eaten here. The atmosphere is excellent and the service was good. Very extensive wine menu. I had a Sole Meuniere which was excellent. I ordered the Crepes Suzette for desert, thinking that being a French restaurant it would be very good. It was far from good, poorly cooked more like a doughy pancake. It was returned and they replaced it with one the same but slightly more cooked. Very little liqueur was present. They do better crepes at Café Breton.

1  Thank Nik B
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I first dined at Nu.Vo about three years ago, and found the ambience, the service and the overall quality of the food to be excellent, but all of these factors appear to have declined. I ate again last night at this restaurant, located in Greenbelt 2 in Makati and was disappointed to find that it's be re-imagined as a synthesis of a music bar and restaurant, which has resulted in an establishment that appears not to have quite decided what it wants to be. The live band (mediocre) was loud enough to preclude much conversation, and the food simply wasn't good enough to justify the prices.

The wine list, disappointingly small and featuring standard "plonk," was, to be as kind as possible, inadequate, with but a single cheap Merlot and a cheap Valpolicella the only European wines available. The first glass that I ordered was badly corked, undrinkable, and I sent it back. The duck confit was dry, tasteless, and in my view inedible and, for the first time in a long time, I sent back my main course. To be fair, I did discuss the unacceptability of the food with the manager, and he did explain, after sme investigation, that unbeknownst to him, the usual French ducks had been replaced by local ducks. Again, to be fair, the cost of the meal was deducted from my bill.

The service was spotty, not particularly attentive or friendly, but not altogether terrible either. For example, having repeated my order at least twice to our server, we were asked, some ten minutes later by another server to repeat our order since the original waitress hadn't understood it.

Succinctly, the band was loud, not very good, and stifled conversation; the food was thoroughly mediocre (my salmon carpaccio was bland and rather tasteless); and the service was inconsistent. The décor however was pleasant, and the French manager did take the cost of the duck off of my bill after tasting it himself and evidently agreeing with my assessment. The quality of the food did not justify the prices, which are on the high side. I will not return.

1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've had the opportunity to dine at Nuvo several times. If you are looking for nice food and a lively dinner atmosphere this is the place. The outdoor seating, live cover bands, and fantastic truffle and parmesean pasta are a key winner. Its a bit loud for a business meal but is a perfect place to wrap a meeting.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Amazing food, cooking show at table, european menu and very good french executive chief. I recommend! And try the spaghetti's made in parmesan wheel!

1  Thank abcedric