“Wasteful servers with bad service”

Dillingers 1903 Steak & Brew
Ranked #353 of 1,556 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

Hi,

Servers answered me that they would rather have the remaining food in the trash instead of allowing me to bring it home to eat. I paid for this food, why was I not allowed to finish it?

I received poor, unpleasant service from your servers, Man and Kris. I ordered a single fish and frites dish with hashbrowns for sides. Nearing the end, I could not finish the food anymore, so I kindly requested for it to be packed to take home. The servers would not let me saying that take out orders are not allowed as a rule. However, my order was not a take out meal order but just leftovers I decided to bring home. I raised this issue, and they’re answers were appalling.

1) I raised the issue that the meal was a dine in meal, and it was not ordered for take out. I explained that the rule probably applied for take out meals. They answered me by saying, “but you’re still going to take it home, so it’s take out”

2) Servers argued that some customers abuse it and order excessively, so they could take home the food. However, I did not order excessively. I just had 1 single dish and I just could not finish it anymore.

3) I asked the servers if they’d rather have the meal go to waste to the trash bin or have me eat it at home. They answered me, “Yes, ma’am. Mas gusto namin itapon nalang”

The service is very disheartening and poor. I do not understand why they would not let me take home leftovers and rather have it thrown away.

Please see photo for reference of the food I requested to be packed. It was one piece of fish and hashbrown.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Unexpected choice for a steak in Makati but was worth it. Rib eye was ok, a bit tough but well seasoned. I loved the baked oysters. Nice and relaxing place to dine in. Staff are ok too. By the way, the panna cotta was delicious.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

We used the eatigo app to get a discount.
We had a Fillet mignon which was nice, and a Ribeye steak which was very chewy unfortunately. The staff could be more friendly, they seem a bit off...
Atmosphere wasn't too nice, very dark and unfriendly.

Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

Used eatigo app to get 50% off food it was so cheap. I order the Dillinger wagyu burger and ribeye. 827 peso total. The burger was huge, crispy bacon cause deep fried, wagyu patty didn’t really taste wagyu to me but still good. Fried block of cheese was good. The rib eye steak was tender and cooked with right amount of seasoning. Totally worth it with coupon even though it was 3pm

1  Thank Gordonchef
Reviewed January 31, 2018 via mobile

What I like is the place, the cold beer and the porkchop. The food is great. I had an event here before in their exclusive area, NY style of bar and I love the choices. The service was also good.