“Good for very short stays”
Review of ZEN Rooms La Paz

ZEN Rooms La Paz
Ranked #57 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Dubai
“Good for very short stays”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I needed a place to leave my bags while preparing for a red eye flight to Bali and found 24h Apartment Hotel through agoda.com.

It is a basic hotel with good enough amenities. I took a single room, which came with its own bathroom. People familiar with Singapore and other expensive cities would not be surprised at shoebox sized rooms like these. The walls are paper thin (I heard the guys next door shower) and there are no windows. Light sleepers would have a hard time since sounds from the hallway are easily heard in the room. My room was fairly clean. The grouting in the bathroom needs a little work though because I saw tiny insects (roaches and a baby centipede) crawl out of holes in the bathroom.

Front office staff are very knowledgeable of the area and directions to almost anywhere. The guards/doormen could be a little bit more consistent with their service (they went out of their way to be friendly to other guests but left me standing in the rain to wait for a taxi by myself).

Although I didn't get to enjoy the full 24hour promise I like the concept of getting your full days worth.

Just a couple of things:
- while they're technically in Makati, they're actually close to the border of Makati and Pasay/Manila. They are not close to an LRT station.
- the Apartments are located in a section served only by taxis and "pedi-cabs"
- they require a 500 deposit for the room key. unusual, I know. Keep the receipt since you'd need host to refund the deposit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AmANomad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
london
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

This really is really not a nice place an not good value for money. The place is quite new but is not very well kept. The room had a lot of small flies in it, smelled damp and had no windows - so was just a bit dark and dingy. The cab driver could not find it and we spent about an hour caught in bad traffic trying to get here (it was a fixed fare so this was nut him trying to run up a big bill) and there is nothing in the area - no restaurants other than a grotty plae attached to the hotel and it is not a friendly area you would walk about in after dark- they even have an armed guard on the door! Which is reassuring considering but speaks volumes about the place!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Dizzle-Bizzle

Travelers are raving about these Makati hotels

deutschland
Reviewed June 27, 2013

clean, good modern hotel! to the next lrt station you need to walk arround 15 min, depend about your speed. no problems in the hotel, all is working. breakfast the best i eat in philippines, you can choose between 8 differents or more, philippine style and also müsli omlett and more.
if you not need to go many times a day back to the romm a good choose, short way to airport, arround 15 to 20 min by taxi. this hotel more in the citym and it was perfect.
friendly helpful staff.

Room Tip: if you not need to go many times a day back to the romm a good choose
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Makati
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My partner and I stayed for a night and we chose this hotel because of the full 24 hours stay. The room that we got is at ground floor. Wifi connection is excellent. Room is clean but the pillowcases are not as clean as the bedsheet. Airconditioning is good and the bathroom is clean as well. The free breakfast is decent.The customer service(frontdesk and cafe) is excellent. We asked for a medicine over the phone and they even brought in our room within 5 minutes. All in all, it was a good value for money. Check out is 24 hours after the time that you check in. The name of the hotel says it all. Will go back again :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

the pics in iternet its oki but in realty its huge different don't take that hotel.the tile already chip of and paint not good and its near street and lot of noise come in your room really i'm very upset on my self why i trust web site again

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Alisole
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and it was a good experience. It serves the basic needs of a traveller. A single bed, a tv, clean bathroom, clean sheets they even change the bed sheet and towels everyday. It was cheap and easy to go around the city.

You don't need to worry about the taxi because the hotel security will surely get one for you. If you are a Muslim, you can consider staying here because it is near to a local halal restaurant serving Indian food.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Philippines
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My Family, I and my boyfriend stayed here last May 10, 2013. I chose this hotel because of their group promo for 4 which already includes breakfast, their indoor pool, and 24 hours guaranteed stay. We just made an extra payment for the extra person. Kid below 10yrs old free.

I was not really familiar of their location but when we get there, I recognized that the location was okay and can be easily commuted. Also, I found out that the hotel was near Shopwise Makati Corner Of Pasong Tamo and Vito Cruz Extension, a tricycle/taxi away, so I had time to make some groceries for our stay. It was just a Taxi or a Bus away going to Makati CBD, Greenbelt/Glorietta Area.

Service was very good- staff's were accommodating to our requests. Hotel lobby was welcoming. Our room was in the 6th floor. Our room has a refrigerator, we were able to cook as the hotel provided us with cooking utensils, stove, microwave, tea water heater, plates, coffee cups, spoon and forks. etc. Water supply was excellent. Bathroom was fine. Tissues and Clean Bath Towels were provided. Their indoor pool was at the 7th floor, it was clean and okay. The included breakfast was okay too, though they have us charged 50php to bring it to our room as it was served at the hotel's Cafe.

Suggestions:
- Room needs to be repainted. Plain white walls doesn't really appeal much. I suggest the hotel make some efforts giving their room some touch of colors.
- Another air con in the sala area of the 2 bedroom or 1 bedroom suite. The rooms has aircon which is great, however, it doesn't reach the sala anymore, you can't enjoy watching the TV in that case.
- A wall clock- can be round or medium sized, placed in the wall.
- Elevator needs enhancement

If you're on an average budget and just wants a decent staycation with friends and family, 24H Apartment Hotel will work for you. All in all, I enjoyed my stay there.Will visit again if I have time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family