“Pleasant stay!”

ZEN Rooms La Paz
Ranked #53 of 83 Hotels in Makati
“Pleasant stay!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights & returned for 2 nights in April.
Never would have considered to stay at this hotel if it weren't for our friends who chose to book their Manila accommodation at this hotel.
Both the studio rooms we were allocated on the two occasions were clean & very cheap.
The good thing about this hotel is that you have a 24h stay. When you check in, you have 24hours till check out! Bed was comfy. The studio rooms were small but adequate. No windows, no fridge, ground floor. Nonetheless, we had a pleasant stay. Had heaps of channels on their tv as they had cable. Location not really close to anything in terms of the exterior but there is a Shopwise, fast food restaurants & other shops down the road, you can walk it in 10-15mins or take a tricycle. Across the road of this hotel is Goto Monster, a spa/massage & a mini shop.
The guards were friendly & they do deserve to be acknowledged for their service. The hotel restaurant service was slow, took a while for our food to come out, the girls there are a bit aloof. Food was good.
Housekeeping often forgot to replenish a few things such as the daily complimentary water but not a big deal, just ask the front desk. Actually worked out well for us as the studio rooms don't have a fridge.
Wifi connection was good.
Overall it was a pleasant stay, cheap & clean. Good value.
Most of the staff were friendly & accommodating.
Yes, we will stay at this hotel again when in Manila.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank MariaA1082

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was a very last minute choice, and also not helped by the fact that there's not a lot of good, affordable options in Manila. The price was alright, but definitely not worth it since the hotel itself was old, and I was given old and tattered towels and bedsheets. This hotel really needs maintenance and new sheets, towels, etc. The hotel pictures both here in Agoda and TripAdvisor did not match my surroundings when I arrived at the hotel. Also, the location is not much near anything. It's only saving grace is the friendly staff. I would definitely stay someplace else the next time I'm in Manila.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cami A

Travelers are raving about these Makati hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The 24h apartment is the best deal you will find in Makati. I booked their superior room and it was superior with a kitchen dining area, refrigerator, nice large bedroom, and a walk out balcony. If you want to cook in the kitchen in your room they will lend you all you need at no charge. The staff is first rate and friendly all the time. The attached restaurant was also a surprise providing American style meals along with the local dishes. The food was excellent. There is a swimming pool on the 7th floor for your use.

The best rating I can give is to say I will be back here next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 855RichardF
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We booked a small room and make no mistakes about it, very basic, no fridge ok. Yes the room was very small but nice and clean which is a big plus for us considering some of the more costly hotels we seen in Manila were over priced and the rooms looked dated. Note that the taxi drives did find it hard to find this hotel and thats a real pain. The food there is really nice and yummy, my favourite was the beef steak tagalog & fruit salad. They have a indoor pool there but it was closed while we were there. Check in and check out was fast, the same goes for there wifi. I would stay there again if i was doing an overnight stopover because of the price.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher levels are better
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KenNancy07
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 10, 2013

super sulit sa aming 24 hours stay Nice room , good air-conditioning , fast free wifi connection, clear and good tv cable reception, super nice indoor pool + accommodating & smiling friendly staff superb ! Good place for a good price kasi super satisfied with everything from its facilities to the friendly staff at the Front Desk and restaurant. we will definitely choose to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: - Free Breakfast - Easy and fast wifi access - Hotel with indoor pool - Good airconditioning...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippines
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The place were easy to find for commuting guests as there are lots of public vehicles around the area and landmarks to spot. The hotel lobby is clean and presentable and has sufficient couch and chairs for waiting guests. The staff were very friendly and their service is very fast. When I checked the room, I was expecting the same ambiance as it had on the lobby but I was wrong, the tiles had so many crack marks, the ventilation in the toilet is humming loud that its gets pretty annoying. There were no bidets on the toilet, shower tiles were very dirty that I thought it had not been cleaned by the room boy before I check-in. But with all this negative comments, I commend their check-in/check-out time for a full 24 hours. I haven't experience any other hotel with such service. I would try this hotel once there's a chance that I need an extended (24 hour) stay around Makati.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I am from HK and didn't choose hotel by myself as I was there for competition. it's wasn't as big and luxious as I imagine, but had nice people worked there who gave good service! Alter the food species to fit our taste! And smiling all the moment which made us comfy and warm!

Room Tip: The family rooms are much bigger
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business