“Excellent place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Corner Tree Cafe
Ranked #13 of 1,339 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: European, Cafe, Asian, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Corner Tree Cafe is a Vegetarian / Vegan Cafe. We serve food from Asia to Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas in a cosy intimate setting. We also offer good wines, local beers and some house cocktails. You don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy our delicious food. In fact most of our customers are omnivores, but vegetarians will feel right at home here (we also serve some gluten-free dishes). To add to our regular menu, we have weekly specials sometimes inspired by current events or international days. Booking is advisable. Children welcome.
South Africa
“Excellent place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I found this place from the Happy Cow website and was delighted that I did find it. It is so hard to find good vegetarian food in Philippines ... and this is a geniune boutique veggie restaurant.

They have a good selection of interesting veggie choices - all marked vegan or lacto, including a good range of desserts too ... and when you get bored of the menu, they have daily specials too.

Really enjoyed it... even though it's a little pricy for Philippines.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Pasig, Philippines
“Grrrrrrreat food, service, music,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I like a holistic experience. I like it even more if the service is great.

3 staff members. Orderly and efficient. Attentive without being intrusive. Pleasant as well.

Food; I'm a meat eater, but the vegetarian dishes here have excellent taste. The carrot soup; perfect balance of sweet an savory! The burger, well as far as veggie burgers go is delicious. It won't ever beat real ones though. The lemongrass iced tea is also very good!

The music is well controlled as well. Theyve got good music from africa and other countries; with a steady beat, catchy melodies...

Worth coming back to if I had cravings for vegetarian food; which happens less than I'd want it to.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Muntinlupa, Philippines
“my regular place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

what a greta place, they should have more of these places everywhere. healthy yet tasty food, old world artsy feel, great location with parking and good service.

Visited April 2013
Long Beach Island, NJ
“Tasteful taste of HEAVEN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

If you live anywhere from China to New York (I'm from Pennsylvania/New Jersey, USA), you need to be dropping everything and booking your flight to experience this little gem in the Philippines. Tucked into a corher of the Makati area of Manila, owned and lovingly overseen by Chiqui, a woman of grace and charm and warmth, you'll find some of the most creative and artfully-arranged vegetarian food on the planet. The spanakopita is among the best I've tasted (and I consider myself a spanakopita-snob), and other dishes are equally well done and beautifully-plated. As a bed-and-breakfast owner with an obsession for squeaky-clean, I unconsciously obsess about hygiene. The place is beautiful and clean, from under the tables to inside the "comfort room." Go there! You'll be glad you did.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank lbilady10
Manila, Philippines
“My favourite Manila restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I love this café. As almost all the other reviewers have mentioned, the cafe is charming and cosy and very different from most other restaurants in town. It is a friendly place and the owner and her staff really like to make customers feel at home. Everyone I have taken to the Corner Tree Cafe really likes the interesting menu and three of the dishes mentioned by the previous reviewer—the starter plate, the lasagna, and the burger—are fantastic in my view. However good you are, you can’t please everyone I guess.

• Visited April 2013