The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences
$213
$108
New World Makati Hotel(Makati)
$95
$134
$124
$116
Agoda.com
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
$51
$49
$80
Hotels.com
$100
$93
Agoda.com
All reviewsbarcelona suitean art gallerysaturday marketsalcedo villageserviced residencesrestaurant downstairsrooms are hugeayala triangle parknice gymwithin walking distancerain showerbusiness districtlocation is greatthe ground floorbusiness triphome away from homestandard room
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have travelled to Manila 6 times now, staying in Mandarin Oriental twice (very dated and noisy), and the Fraser apartments once (nice, but not as nice as Picasso), and now three times at Picasso. I just love the rooms, service and location of the Picasso. The rooms are enormous with a huge bedroom, kitchenette and large bathroom. It's not 5 star flashy, but it's very modern and clean. I find the rooms much quieter than the 5 star hotels around too.

The restaurant in the ground floor that provides the room service too is also great. Highly recommend dinner there or ordered to your room.

This stay I even accidentally booked at Picasso one day too late (and arrived one day too early), and not only did they organise to pick me up right away from the airport, they changed my booking with no fee. Such service buys a lot of loyalty from this happy guest!

If you get the chance, try the spa in the ground floor too, it's fabulous!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jacqueline Y
Bobbie F, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Jaqueline Y,

Thank you for your review.
We are very delighted to learn that you have preferred our property and that you appreciate what we have to offer. We at The Picasso strive to do our best to make sure that our guests have a pleasant experience every single time. These comments and kind remarks will surely inspire us further.

We look forward to your next visit until then.

Please do let us know if there is anything we can assist you with to make your stay more pleasurable.

Bobbie T. Frondoza
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The Picasso was not my original choice, but as the Mandarin and the Peninsual were both booked out during the Chinese Lunar New Year, my company booked me into the Picasso instead. Overall, I enjoyed my stay there - there were some highlights, but also down downsides. I would advise the hotel staff to focus on a more consistent service delivery.

The GOOD
- Excellent location in the center of Makati City, plus there's usually a taxi waiting by
- 24-hour staffed desk, meaning you can walk in at any point in time and there'll still be someone to open the door for you (I was once staying in a hotel where this was not the case - and, upon arriving at 1AM, I had to bang on the door until the staff woke up to let me in :) )
- Extremely friendly and courteous staff ready to attend to your every need - in particular, I'd like to note Jeff, a waiter in the restaurant, who was so attentive to my needs that he even remembered to bring me a lighter without even asking, after I asked him for a light the night before - I was very impressed!
- Free WiFi in rooms and in the restaurant area, quite fast for the most part and no download charges of any kind
- Fairly nice and spacious rooms (although a bit on the dark side - more on that later)
- I checked out at 6PM and my ride wasn't arriving at 9PM - the hotel staff courteously let me wait at the restaurant and even let me keep using the free WiFi!

The NOT-SO-GOOD
- The hotel prices itself within the Mandarin Oriental range (5500 pesos a night), but the facilities aren't quite as good; e.g., there's no swimming pool
- The cardio workout facilities in the fitness room were inferior, to say the least - there were a total of four cardio machines, of which only two were treadmills, of which only one was working (it was fixed later, though). I never had to queue, but that's because I was hitting the gym at 6:30AM every morning - at more regular hours, I'd expect treadmill availability to be a serious issue
- On Thursday evening, I woke up to a strong smell of cigarettes in my room, despite mine being a non-smoking room; rather unpleasant, even if you're a smoker
- Service in the restaurant was great for the most part, but nosedived on one memorable occasion, where I had to wait 20 minutes for a desert menu, only to be told afterwards that they have only two varieties of cake left (and no menu). I grumbled and pick one - what followed was yet another 20 minute wait! For the record - it was about 22:30 in the evening, the restaurant was closing soon, and I was itching to get back to working on a PowerPoint that was due the next morning. Finally, the cake arrived - and as I chewed my way through it, I discover it had pieces of wrapping foil stuck in it! So, it took them a grand total of 40 minutes to go from me asking for a desert menu to bringing me what was clearly a pre-package slice of cake. Really?!
- While the rooms were nice, I couldn't, for the life of me, find a way to switch on the lights in the center of the room (nor could I actually find any such lights in the first place). This led me to the grim conclusion that the only sources of light were peripheral (e.g., lamps), making my staying a somewhat gloomier experience than I would have preferred

OVERALL
Overall, I liked my stay, but I thought the quality of service and the experience was too uneven. Restaurant service was great, until the unfortunate incident with the cake. Room quality was good, until I woke up one morning smelling cigarette smoke. Cardio facilities were sufficient, provided that no one else was using them. Every positive experience that I had was tainted somewhat by an isolated negative incident - although, admittedly, those were in the minority.

Bottom - I enjoyed it for the most part, but your mileage may vary. If not for these incidents, the rating would've been a solid 4.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank GeorgeCh
Picasso_Management, General Manager at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear GeorgeCh,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a very detailed review. You have given us great insights on how to better serve you in the future. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay overall, despite the few inconsistencies you encountered.

I am sorry about the incident in the restaurant. I have since reviewed your case with the team. Just to clarify, all of their creations are made in-house and cakes are stored in foil, then boxed in the chillers, for optimum freshness.

As for the smell of smoke in your room, we are studying various technologies that will better improve our indoor air quality. We are in the test stages right now, trying to determine the best solution for our operation. I am certain that we will solve this issue in the coming weeks, once and for all.

Furthermore, I am sorry that you had a difficult time with the lights in your room. It was definitely our lapse for not properly informing you of all of the in-room features. We are currently in the process of improving the lighting in all of our guest rooms. I am pleased to announce that all Suites have already been upgraded and we are now on to the remaining Studios. Should you return in the future, we will make sure to place you in a room with the additional lighting fixtures.

Again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a detailed review. I hope to make it up to you next time around. If/when you decide to return, please let me know and I will personally welcome you back and ensure that your entire stay is as pleasant an experience as we seek to provide all of our guests.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Picasso is our go-to place to stay in Manila, our stay is always exceptional! Service is great, and the rooms are beyond what you'd expect. All I'd say is that the restaurant Boheme is not up to the standards as the rest of the hotel, it's shameful. Otherwise, big thumbs up to this hotel, I highly recommend you stay there!

Room Tip: There is no pool with Picasso, but I rated excellent as their gym is very well fitted and designed well.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria D
Picasso_Management, General Manager at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Maria D,

Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased to know that we are your preferred place to stay when you visit Manila. I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the restaurant. Please accept my sincerest apologies for whatever unpleasant experience you have had there. Rest assured that your comments are taken seriously. I am committed to realizing improvements in the F&B outlet. Trust that on your next stay with us, you will see, feel and taste the improvements. From all of us at The Picasso, we wish you all the best and look forward to your return. Until then, safe travels and all the best.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed in Manila for one night an can not speak highly enough of the Picasso Boutique Hotel. From the moment we arrived the 2 girls on the front desk were outstandingly friendly and genuine. The gentleman who brought our luggage up was professional, yet still had the genuine warmth we'd experienced from the front desk staff.
The room was massive, we had two double beds and so much space. Located in room 216 we were close to the street but couldn't hear any traffic noise. The bathroom was great, the shower was amaaaaazing and had good pressure.
It's a 15 min walk from the Ayala malls (perfectly safe to walk at night) and about a 160-220 peso journey from the airport (depending on what time you travel and the meter rate)
I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Cassational

Dear Cassational,

Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are pleased to know that you "can not speak highly enough" of us and that you "would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it!!". Comments like these really makes all of the efforts that we put into it our jobs worthwhile. Thank you so much for your very kind/generous comments. On behalf of the entire team behind The Picasso, we wish you all the best and hope that we could welcome you back again in the not-so-distant future.

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I got a free upgrade to a huge room, which was an unexpected bonus. The hotel staff have been utterly professional so far, and incredibly helpful, too. The restaurant on the ground floor is excellent and the hotel is perfectly placed in Salcedo Village for all the Makati amenities. A really nice place to stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear HKGuy2012,

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate the praises. It is quite reassuring to know that you see our property as being a "really nice place to stay". Thank you for your support and continued patronage. Should there be anything we can do for you prior to your next arrival, please let me or anyone of my staff know. We look forward to your return. Until then, safe travels and all the best.