“Fantastic service and a great night's sleep!”

The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences
Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Valencia City, Philippines
“Fantastic service and a great night's sleep!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Picasso is our go-to place to stay in Manila, our stay is always exceptional! Service is great, and the rooms are beyond what you'd expect. All I'd say is that the restaurant Boheme is not up to the standards as the rest of the hotel, it's shameful. Otherwise, big thumbs up to this hotel, I highly recommend you stay there!

Room Tip: There is no pool with Picasso, but I rated excellent as their gym is very well fitted and designed w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maria D
Picasso_Management, General Manager at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Maria D,

Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased to know that we are your preferred place to stay when you visit Manila. I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the restaurant. Please accept my sincerest apologies for whatever unpleasant experience you have had there. Rest assured that your comments are taken seriously. I am committed to realizing improvements in the F&B outlet. Trust that on your next stay with us, you will see, feel and taste the improvements. From all of us at The Picasso, we wish you all the best and look forward to your return. Until then, safe travels and all the best.

John David Y. Cruz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mexico
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed in Manila for one night an can not speak highly enough of the Picasso Boutique Hotel. From the moment we arrived the 2 girls on the front desk were outstandingly friendly and genuine. The gentleman who brought our luggage up was professional, yet still had the genuine warmth we'd experienced from the front desk staff.
The room was massive, we had two double beds and so much space. Located in room 216 we were close to the street but couldn't hear any traffic noise. The bathroom was great, the shower was amaaaaazing and had good pressure.
It's a 15 min walk from the Ayala malls (perfectly safe to walk at night) and about a 160-220 peso journey from the airport (depending on what time you travel and the meter rate)
I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Cassational
Dear Cassational,

Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are pleased to know that you "can not speak highly enough" of us and that you "would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it!!". Comments like these really makes all of the efforts that we put into it our jobs worthwhile. Thank you so much for your very kind/generous comments. On behalf of the entire team behind The Picasso, we wish you all the best and hope that we could welcome you back again in the not-so-distant future.

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I got a free upgrade to a huge room, which was an unexpected bonus. The hotel staff have been utterly professional so far, and incredibly helpful, too. The restaurant on the ground floor is excellent and the hotel is perfectly placed in Salcedo Village for all the Makati amenities. A really nice place to stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear HKGuy2012,

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate the praises. It is quite reassuring to know that you see our property as being a "really nice place to stay". Thank you for your support and continued patronage. Should there be anything we can do for you prior to your next arrival, please let me or anyone of my staff know. We look forward to your return. Until then, safe travels and all the best.

Makati City
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed here overnight and enjoyed the spacious room provided for me. I booked for a deluxe room and wanted to have a double bed. Since double bed was not available, they provided me with a Barcelona and Montparnasse suite. It was so spacious and the layout of the room and design were wonderful. Their service was also excellent offering me water while I am in the reception area waiting for my reservation to be completed. It was a fast service and they were all very friendly. Good job to Picasso. They definitely met my expectation for excellence.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Cati H
Dear Cati H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us - pictures and all! We are extremely pleased to know that we met your "expectation for excellence". That is a grand statement and we are honored to be able to deliver such service. We hope to welcome you back soon and if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let me or anyone of my staff know. Our guests' utmost satisfaction is our top priority.

At your service,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 8 days . The room was big or spacious, the toilet and bath was clean, furniturnishings look nice. There was a complimentary coffee, cream, sugar and distilled water daily. My boyfriend wanted to cook something for our breakfast but there wasn't any pans and utensils so we had to request it, good thing it didn't take ages for them to give to us what we requested. The service was good and the staff were nice. A big plus for the Picasso is its good location, near that Salcedo Saturday Market and a walk into the main CBD , SM , Glorietta , Greenbelt etc . You can buy things and foods there at an affordable price BUT the prices have doubled in 2014 and the reason we are staying in a apartment . Over all it was good stay !

Room Tip: refer to Picasso website .. depends on amount of people travelling and overall budget
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear George_Chauverlene,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to know that you found our rooms to be "spacious, the toilet and bath was clean, furniturnishings look nice." and that our "service was good and the staff were nice". In order to keep our rooms clutter-free, we make all of our kitchenware available upon request. Furthermore, since only a small percentage of our guests actually cook in their rooms, we feel that it is best to provide these items only upon request. Nevertheless, thank you for your comments. We will consider including this in our welcome remarks to better anticipate the needs of our guests.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future. If there is anything that we can do or arrange for you prior to arrival, please let us know. Until then, safe travels and all the best.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Fantastic hotel, rooms are massive, clean and well equipped. The value for money is excellent, half the price of the major chains for same of even better quality. Location is great, everything is just short cab ride away which is great. The restaurant was good, however despite it being empty in the evening, the waiter still managed to forget about me and had to be reminded about my order. All in all good stay for good money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear wolf8668,

Thank you for your review. We are extremely pleased with all of your kind comments. It feels great when our guests notice all of the things which seek to be -- fantastic, clean, excellent value for money. Please accept my apologies for lapse in service whilst dining in the restaurant. I will make sure that the servers are reoriented. We hope to make it up to you next time around, so if there is anything we can assist you with, please let us know. Until your next stay with us, we wish you all the best and safe travels.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

My family of 4 stayed at the Picasso for 8 nights during the recent holiday break.

More than the location (which was really convenient) and the reasonable rates, I really appreciated the service that we got from this boutique serviced residence. I wasn't aware they were renovating some rooms when I booked so I called reception to tell them that it was not ideal for us to have so much noise beside us during the day. On the day itself we were moved and upgraded to a different room. I was travelling with a 5 year old boy who loved playing with clay and the housekeeping staff never complained about the hardened clay that would stick to the carpet. We had 12 pcs of luggage altogether and everybody (including a man from the front desk) helped us load and unload all of them upon check in and check out. On our last day, we couldn't check out early and they allowed us until 230 pm to settle our bill and move everything to our next destination. I would have given this property 5 stars if they had better food at the resraurant.

All in all, I would gladly recommend this place to tourists looking for a smaller and cheaper alternative to Makati hotels. Big thumbs up to the people behind Picasso. Keep up the good work!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear travellingmama1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay. It is great to know that you "appreciated the service" and would "gladly recommend" us. I am sorry to hear that you weren't too pleased with the restaurant. The F&B outlet is a continuous work in progress as we adjust to the vast clientele which we cater to. Rest assured that I work closely with the restaurant to ensure that they are always evolving. I am certain that on your next stay with us, you will notice improvements. Thanks again for all of your valuable comments. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Until then, all the best and safe travels.