Staying in Manila has always been a monumental battle between ending up in over-priced big-named hotels that literally rape you for every penny and cent where the Wi-Fi is usually chugged up with everyone else using it at the same time, and the smaller (i.e.: much cheaper) hotels that say they have this that and the other, yet it ain't there or "is not working now, sir" when you arrive.. Well, that misery is, for me at least, now finally truly and very thankfully over..
Bottomline: the staff here are just IN-CRED-IBLE!!!! And I mean both front and back-of-house staff in all areas; no long waits for reception to pick up; if you have to ask for anything for the room, they up there within less than a few minutes (extremely rare for any Manila hotel by the way!); they'll pretty do anything you ask of them - they even went out an got me a phone card when I ran out of load, changed money for me without a quibble; extended my stay without any you-need-to-check-out-then-to-check-back-in bs; and the most incredible, they even fully cleaned and changed my room at 11pm at night when I had a minor coffee spill on the sheets and floor. Sorry but I don't care where you have stayed in the world, this is not just any ol' hotel.
It's a very cool unique cutie tucked off a street away from Ayala Triangle Park, within walking distance to Greenbelt Plaza and Makati & Ayala avenues; the rooms have balconies and they will try their best to put you somewhere quiet if you ask for it when you arrive; the Wi-Fi worked efficiently every single day & night I was here; the room was cleaned daily (although I did ask them to leave me alone for few days and they did so, graciously); the brasserie downstairs had a great breakfast, particularly for Manila where this is often a major problem, and the waiters were attentive and well-trained (even the chefs were friendly and accommodating!).
Bottomline: and I 'd say this directly to the owner/GM if I could, don't change a thing guys; it's about as perfect a little hotel you could ever want to stay in any where in the world. I usually don't gush much over any hotel, but this really is an exceptional place, and very much worth the time and effort to write this review. After near 6 years of travelling back and forth to Manila, I won't ever be staying anywhere else in this city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A masterpiece in its own right, The Picasso Makati is a multi-tiered gem that enchants its guests with exquisite levels of creativity: from its visionary structure to its imaginative accommodations. Exploring the residences is an immersion in artistic inspiration. The boutique serviced residences is guaranteed to seduce your senses: experience it once and you will surely dream of repeating your stay at The Picasso Makati. Reinventing the old to experience the new: this is the concept behind The Picasso Makati. The residences are lodged in an old building, but its cutting-edge design rises above the bustling street life it is surrounded with. At The Picasso Makati, the studio room (at 45 square meters - significantly larger than your average accommodation) and the one-bedroom (at 88 square meters) boasts a luxurious expanse of extended floor to ceiling windows. Stepping into the property is like stepping into a painting come to life: each component has a theme, each name has a meaning. The guest floors were from the eight significant periods of Pablo Picasso's life-reflected in vibrant colors and patterns. The Picasso Makati is stylish, engaging, and unconventional. It is an artistic fusion of inventive facilities and artistic chambers: a place for those looking for old, familiar comforts of home but beset with a promise for new adventures. At The Picasso Makati, guests are treated not only to an artistic feast but also to extraordinary accommodations accompanied by world-class service. This boutique serviced residences definitely adds a personalized touch to its services: with its remarkably friendly and outstandingly helpful staff leading the way. Included in the services for all types of accommodations are: - Twice-daily housekeeping - In-room dining up to 11PM - 24-hour reception desk - 24-hour security - Concierge Services - Complimentary WiFi access in the guest rooms and in public areas - Free Use of the Gym at the 5th and 6th level - Scheduled Shuttle Service going to the Makati CBD and Ayala Center - Access to the in-house Art Gallery - Laundry, pressing and dry cleaning service* - Airport transfer* *Services may be availed for a Fee ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences Hotel Makati
- The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences Makati, Metro Manila