The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences
$114
$117
$99
Travelocity
All reviewsbarcelona suitean art gallerysalcedo villageserviced residencesrestaurant downstairsrooms are hugeayala triangle parknice gymwithin walking distancerain showerstudio roombusiness districtlocation is greatthe ground floorhome away from homebusiness tripenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here one night after I arrived in Manila. My fiance checked in earlier in the day with no problems. We met at the airport and went back to the hotel. The staff was very courteous and helpful. They carried my bags to our room for us. They were very polite and gracious throughout. We were very impressed indeed!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James L
Bobbie430, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear James L,

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to learn that your stay at The Picasso was hassle-free and that you were impressed of our associates' graciousness and courteousness.

Rest assured that we have passed on these great remarks to the rest of the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you on your future visits.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was looking to stay at the usual 4-5 star hotels in Makati when I happened upon this place. It was actually just little under what I was going to pay at the other hotels so I gave it a try and was glad I did. This place is nice, there is no carpet (which I prefer) and makes the room seem a little cleaner. You don't get trapped odors and unsightly stains as you do with carpet. The room was a comfortable size at 45sq meters, not too small and not overly large. They have 2 larger rooms available. It came with a good TV and selection of channels and a clock radio with Apple port. There is a WiFi box (free) right in the room or you can plug in.
In the bathroom there is a rain shower but no tub. Bathroom is well equipped with no molds and mildew stains. Shower works perfectly and does not leak in to the bathroom floor. Small safe and minibar also in the room together with two electric burners for cooking, although there are no utensils.
Not much of a view, the hotel is under 10 floors. Hotel is located in the heart of Salcedo Village, just walking distance to many restaurants. Just ask the doorman. You can also easily walk to Greenbelt mall, Ayayla Triangle and Glorietta Mall. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Very quiet and convenient location. Taxis are always available if needed. They have a nice small gym with new equipment and if you like you can always visit the Makati Sports Club just down the street as a guest of The Picasso. Overall a very nice stay and I will be back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jo-Bob_Bob-Bob
Bobbie430, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Jo-Bob_Bob-Bob,

Thank you for your review.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our property and that our service standards, facilities and convenience of our location matched your expectations.
Rest assured that we will pass on to the rest of the team your kind words and highlight what you've like most of our property.

Moving along, just to let you know, we do have the larger rooms with tubs as the 45 square meter ones were designed as such.

Again, we deeply appreciate your time in sending out this review. We at The Picasso will indeed be pleased to welcoming you back hopefully, in the near future.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had booked my stay at The Picasso a little on the late side due to a mix up of dates with my other traveling parties. But it was such a blessing in disguise! I stayed for just one night and felt so sad checking-out the next morning because I wanted to see all the other parts the hotel had to offer. Just that one night's stay had me sleeping like a baby after traveling from another part of the Philippines for a community service project. It was clean enough for someone with OCD (like me!) and the bed was very comfortable. The location is definitely great - very close to shopping areas and it's in a safe area, too! What surprised me most upon check-in was the fact they decided to upgrade my stay due to it being my first time.

Each floor has different artwork on display which I believe is for sale. There's also an art gallery which was located on my floor but unfortunately, I didn't get to check it out due to the little time I had. Each room has artwork on display, too - and I absolutely love how spacious the room was (I was upgraded to the studio apartment size). They also have a fitness centre, modeling agency and a bunch of other amenities that I didn't get around to checking out.

What you DO NEED to try out is the spa which is located on the first floor just next to the cosy restaurant (which I recommend you try out just to have a bit of a breather). The QiVitality massage treatment is what I had and it was absolute heaven. I find it hard to fall asleep or relax but this had me sleeping like a baby and feeling so de-stressed after! Fabulous service!

Everyone at the hotel greeted me and were around to help out so never did I feel like I was struggling with bags or finding it a challenge to get help whenever I needed.

I hope to be back just so I can get another stay (hopefully a longer time period) at The Picasso!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank emilywjteng

Dear emilywjteng,

Thank you for your recent review.

We are very happy to learned that you enjoyed your recent stay at our property.
Rest assured that we will pass on to the team the very encouraging comments you've given.

Just so you know, yes, most of the artworks are for sale. Most of which are made by upcoming contemprary local artist, making Picasso as their canvas for their artworks. Probably on your return in the future, you'll be able to view a whole new collection as we do feature new artists every two months or so as part of our Art In-House program.

Thank you again for taking time to send your review. And we looking forward to welcoming you back until then.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here for a few days during the last part of a 2 week trip to the Philippines. For the price you can't beat this property considering you're in the heart of the business district of Manila.

Location - Excellent, you're in the heart of Makati, you can easily walk over to Greenbelt for restaurants and shopping, there's several convenience stores within a block as well as drop off laundry services.

Parking - There's some parking in the back, only a dozen spaces or so (they may have an overfill lot but we didn't have to use it).

Room - Excellent, I had the Barecelona Suite which was two large rooms with modern decor, the bathroom was huge for a hotel with a walk in shower and a separate bathtub. Couch, widescreen tv and business desk rounded out the living room. Small kitchen as soon as you walk in with refrigerator, sink and stovetop. The hotel will supply dishes and silverware etc. I had two large balconies to walk out on which was nice.

Bed - Excellent, pillows were a little too soft for my taste but not bad overall

Staff - Excellent, I really can't compliment the service here more. I stayed at several other properties close by previously and the service at Picasso beats them out by a long shot. They really were excellent at all times, can't say enough.

Price - Excellent, compare the rates here to something ghastly overpriced like Shangri-La and you'll be amazed.

Summary - on my next trip to Manila this is where I'll be staying, I can't see paying the price of Shangri-La or F1 when Picasso offers exactly what I want for a great deal.

Room Tip: Get the suite if possible, it's worth the extra pesos, it's not much but you'll be surprised how much nicer it is.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SoloTravlr_34
Bobbie430, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear SoloTravlr_34,

Thank you for taking time to post your review of our property.

We are very happy to know that you've found value for money and convenience in staying at The Picasso. Thanks for citing such wonderful remarks which we will definitely cascade to the rest of the team.

On your remark on the pillows, pleased to let you know that we are currently looking at adding a Pillow Menu in the future to further serve the preferences of our guests.

Until then, we are looking forward to welcoming you on your next trip.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed 28th- 31st Januray.

P-Perfect location,business centre,clean safe area to stayand 15ins walk to green belt shopping centre.

I-incredible service,quick,attentive and helpful.Nothing too much trouble for them.

C- Chic cute modern rooms,spacious,nice bathroom and small kitchenette.hard bed.large balcony facing main road.Good value place to stay.

A-Amazing staff,very warm welcome and will do anything for you.got checkin to our room early at 10.00 am which was great as we arrived on early flight.

S-service excellent at breakfast,nice simple variety of food,buffet style.loved the decor,music and very helpful staff.

S-super great art gallery on site,and nice gym with upstairs internets with small lounge.

O-Omg you must stay here.Loved the friendly staff,they are truely amazing.

This spells the word Picasso,what a great find for Manila.
Free wifi which works great in any part of the boutique.
No pool,which I was aware of ,but they can shuttle you to the nearby local pool for a free swim and transport.
Free transport to green belt shopping centre,runs 3 times a day.
I would highly recommend this place to all viewers of this review.

Elisa Australia

Room Tip: Get a room on the 9th Floor,blocks out road traffic noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Elisa,

What a unique way to write a review!

Thank you so much for taking time to create the acronym of our property's name to highlight your recent stay experience at The Picasso. We are very pleased and happy to know that our facilities and offerings lived up to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future until then.

Bobbie T. Frondoza
Director of Sales and Marketing.