“Good value in Makati”

The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences
Ranked #9 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed December 13, 2011

The Picasso is a comfortable three and a half star, well located, and trying to be a bit chic by adding art and a hip feel to the foyer. The location is great and the restaurant is four star. If you are sick of the five star standardised approach of the big chains, this is the place for you. We stayed in the Barcelona room at the back of the hotel and found it quiet. As others have noted the air con was freezing and short of turning it off, it seemed hard to regulate. However if I go to Manila again I would certainly consider the Picasso. The free wifi was quick and terrific.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lns224

Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed here for around 10th weeks. The rooms were well presented with a cooker,fridge kettle and plenty of utensils.
The shower room is huge and the shower head can be changed.
The beds are comfortable. Try and get a room at the back as traffic noise could be a problem. On that subject the traffic in malaria is horrific.
The hotel is within walking distance of most things. Taxis are cheap but it is quicker to walk because of the traffic.
The breakfast at Picasso is very.good and reasonable.
They have a hum and wi fi access.
Long term guests can use the laundry facilities in the basement.
The Grenbelt shopping centre is about 10th minutes walk and there are plenty of shops and restaurants there.
There is a great music venue in Jupiter st called Strumms. The local bands are great and Saturdays are particularly good
Overall I would fully recommend Picasso and Makati.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank tallden
Reviewed November 30, 2011

It's somewhat funky hotel in a good location (right in midst of Makati, walkable from Greenbelt). The area is pretty safe with few shops and couple of restaurants around.
The rooms were big enough with all the facilities you would normally expect.
But but, service is definitely not up to the mark. The breakfast is just Ok, gets boring if you stay for more than few days. The staff are not that efficient or courteous at the restaurant. Room service too is bit abrupt.
The central air con definitely needs some improvement, as it was blowing too cold. Others who stayed along with me where complaining too. Funnily enough some of the switches and electric points are hard to find!
There's a modelling agency and a art gallery on 4th floor, sadly was bit too busy to check it out!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank EasyNotCheap
Picasso_Management, General Manager at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Dear EasyNotCheap,

Thank you for your review of our property. Rest assured that we are taking all of the necessary corrective measures to improve our service levels in each area of the hotel. The restaurant is one of my top-priorities and we hope that on your next visit, you will notice the changes that we are implementing. Without such valuable feedback from our guests, we would not know how to improve our operations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. If there is anything we can do for you prior to your next arrival, please do not hesitate to let us know. Until then, we wish you safe travels and we look forward to hosting your next stay in Makati.

All my best,

Reviewed November 23, 2011

The room is definitely spacious but be prepared to freeze. I have stayed in 2 of the rooms here (7th floor and 2nd floor) and despite what I did (set air-con thermostat to maximum) and how often I complained about the air-con, the room temperature drops to very cold. I ended up catching a cold both times. And not having good sleep because it gets too cold in the night.

And the staff is not exactly welcoming, especially one of the ladies taking the orders for room service in the morning. She is so abrupt to the point of making you feel bad about disturbing her.

I think I have had enough. No more.

Room Tip: Make sure to come with thick sweaters if you cannot sleep without air-conditioning turned on. And b...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Duke_Singapore
Picasso_Management, General Manager at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear DukeUniverse,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Your review dates back to the early days of our property. As all new properties, we encountered several birth pains and have since improved all of our systems and processes. I have a continuous improvement project and I assure you that the points you sited have all been addressed.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back to our property. I am certain that you will notice all of the improvements since your last stay. Should you decide to return, please let me know, since I would like to extend a personalized warm welcome.

At your service,

Reviewed October 22, 2011

When to go... I was on a business trip to Manila and Picasso served me very well: quiet, central location, very nice service.

I admit, I love boutique hotels. And Picasso is a great place with a modern & artsy touch. The room I got (6th floor) that was twice the size of a normal hotel room: kitchenette, lounge area, king size bed, bath tub, shower... What is nice for Manila is the hotel's driver service; very convenient. The hotel is located in a high-end residential area which has good coffee shop and it is safe to walk around. The price? With our company's corporate in came out USD 100; very good value!

Avoid it when... you are on a shopping trip; the Green Belt is a bit far

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank lapsaptong
Reviewed October 19, 2011

This hotel is over rated, the rooms are just bare neccesaties, the ceiling in the bathroom was leaking brown water, staff not that helpful plus cockroaches in the room.......No headboards on the beds so you loose your pillow when sleeping, The only acceptable thing was the breakfast . We asked to change rooms but nobody helped or cared..... Don't be fooled by the photo's on Internet and coments, they must pay people to give ratings.... I will certainly never reccomend this place to anyone and will never go back...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Stevie1410

Dear Stevie1410,

I am sorry to hear about such a horrid experience. That is definitely not the experience that we want our guests to have. All of our guests' feedback are vital to our efforts to improve, so thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

From the title of your review, it is clear that you ate set in your mind. However, should you decide to give us another chance, we would be delighted to win you back. Our most recent track record speaks for itself, and all of the other reviews will validate our continuous efforts to improve.

We hope to have you back with us to experience our improvements. I am confident that should you decide to return, you will appreciate what we have done to date. Please let me know if you would like to give us another try.

At your service,

Reviewed October 12, 2011

The Picasso evokes fond memories of favorite places--a treed NY Greenwich Village neighborhood, an undiscovered small European hotel, and even a familial 21st-century Filipino home.

It's been almost 20 years since my last visit to Manila but, thanks to the Picasso, I felt quite safe and very comfortable. The location and ambiance were perfect, the service left little else to desire, facilities and amenities more than sufficient, and the price was just right for a 10-day stay. I agree with the previous reviewer about having a guest room facing the back street. The only thing I did not enjoy as much was the restaurant; I wish they had more Filipino dishes on the breakfast menu and buffet bar. It would also be nice if there was an additional shuttle bus at the end of the day, specifically at around 6:00 o'clock.

So thanks to the wonderful staff and management for helping make me feel "at home". The birthday card/chocolate cake was a very touching surprise!

Room Tip: -The most popular weekend market is just next door. -During a power outage, the hotel's gener...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo