“Sumo So-so”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

It just didn't feel right when all 6 of us sat down. They must be scrimping for space. A table for 4 was squeezed in to seat 6. So obviously we were a bit cramped in.

The sushi and sashimi dishes are just about average, The beef in bean sprouts was good though. The kamameshi was just ok. The chicken with cheese (tori something... I don't recall the exact name) is good. The tea they serve is just about ok. Only two food servers and the place wasn't even half-filled at lunch.

We just went to this place to try it. Well, it's not really worth coming back to unless the other restaurants are all full. In short, this is one of the restaurants you go to only in case all other restaurants are crowded. The taste feel and authenticity of true Japanese food isn't really felt much.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

you have plently of other restaurants around this area you're better off choosing.

we went lunch time, barely anybody there. we left the kids playing at TimeZone since they already had eaten lunch.

there were 6 adults, i ended up paying $54.52. My sis in law had the crab tempura appetizer, my husband had smoked salmon rolls (only 6 or 8 pieces, didnt even fill him up and it was so expensive), my husband's cousin had their character burger, which he said wasn't good, it tasted like meatloaf, my son had the noodles which came in a very big bowl, which i thought looked really good and was probably the cheapest on their menu, and i had the sizzling plate with beef.

I could have eaten at a buffet for that amount of money and would have been left with a full tummy and happy one at that.

they didnt have most of the things that we ordered first, i wanted their hotdog and someone else wanted something i cant even remember now. this was such a forgetful experience, and so dont waste your time and money, find another place to eat!!!

2  Thank Vanessa S
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Waited for 40+++ mins not to get the food but to follow up the order. Eventually came but it was cold!! It was disgusting! Complained and insisted I am not paying - which I did not. Paid for the drinks £300+++ for 2 sprites and watermelon shake. What a rip off!! DO NOT GO.

2  Thank AngelicaSJS
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I couldn't find the restaurant that we went to last night as this one was in the Shangri-La Plaza and doesn't seem to be in this list. But the service and food was so good that I felt compelled to write about them.

I had a steak combo meal with a side portion of salmon and it was absolutely scrumptious! Such good value at 800 PNP as well!

Service was superb with the waitresses looking gorgeous in their short black mini-skirts and red blouses! The drinks were equally good and I had a green mango shake to top off my meal!

Thoroughly recommend this chain in general and specifically, this restaurant! I just have the one night left in Manila and if i can't get back there tonight, I'll certainly be back here the next time I return to the Philippines!

I was planning to have the dessert but unfortunately, didn;t have any more room!

The menu was huge, physically as well as the quantity of choices!

1  Thank RayC888
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Japanese food is always about freshness and simplicity and this place has forgotten that. Oily and overseasoned fare. Terrible sushi. Only those who have no taste actually eat here. And the little cockroaches don't help either.

1  Thank TheFoodTrip