“very good restaurant ........”
Review of I'm Angus

I'm Angus
Ranked #60 of 1,389 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Manila, Philippines
“very good restaurant ........”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

first class meat prepared to perfection. wednesday's and saturday's special "angus prime rib of beef" is an excellent bargain. very much recommended. chef leo is one of the best chef's in town. wine prices are reasonable. service at bianca's and carpaccio ist slightly more professional.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank JO B

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Sharon, Connecticut
“Good Steak Place but not NY style”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We went with a group of people and most enjoyed the evening. While two of were told that the Veal Chops had to be cooked medium well, and the staff continued to insist on this, we asked for them to please "try" and get them medium rare to medium. The veal chops did come out medium rare. So I guess you have to insist on how something is cooked or the staff only know of one thing. Pricing is a high (in Php): Caesar Salad: 276; Australia Lamb Chops: 1400; Veal Chops: 1890; Strip Loin: 1776; Surf & Turf: 1400. Corkage is 800/each bottle.

Personally felt the veal chops were a bit skimpy, as several other dishes. The Desert Sampler was fair and small, we had expected more. The creamed spinach, is NOT NYC style, just spinach ground up with onions & garlic, no cream. Only mentioning it if you had your heart set on the other kind of creamed spinach.

Still have not found NYC style steak house here in Manila. Several of the steaks are from Australia. This place is worth the visit, although it is a bit hard to find.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Bruce C
Manila, Philippines
“Perfectly cooked steak”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I really didn't care how I will be served lunch or what food I shall be eating but I was simply impressed with how the steak served to me was perfectly cooked medium just the way I like it.

I appreciate that the restaurant follows a standard of serving each course of my meal at a particular pace. It made my lunch filling and satisfying.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank PhilipAceFalcon
Makati, Philippines
“First Rate”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Hubby and I went there on Feb 13, trying to avoid the Valentine crowd. This is our go-to resto for pre-Valentine's dinners. Needless to say, we love their steaks. It's expensive, yes, but you get what you pay for -- premium, succulent, perfectly-executed steaks!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank jrcl
Makati City
“Great food but lousy service by receptionist”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I rate the food very good but the way the receptionist treated us somehow affected my rating overall. We came in to the restaurant and the girl asked if we had a reservation and I said no and immediately said "Sorry but fully booked" and said to call first next time, I pleaded that we came a long way just to have the special prime rib and if there is a way we could be accommodated she said no and for us to try the other restaurants.
My wife and I went to the next door restaurant also owned by the same company and we were greeted by Erica and we said we are spill over from I'm Angus and that if possible for us to have prime rib special in their restaurant? Erica on her part excused herself and called her manager, now that is what I call service because she went an extra mile to check and her manager approved our request.
Gail the manager of Chesa Bianco made us feel at home and their service, superb, it really complemented our prime rib dinner.

• Visited January 2013