“Pricey and a little disappointing”
Review of Mr. Rockefeller

Mr. Rockefeller
Ranked #1,037 of 1,473 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Filipino
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

First, the ambiance of the place was great. There were 2 flat screen TVs to entertain the boys mostly because the channel was set to a sports channel and the other one was another sports channel, I think. The place was a little dark, perfect for lovers, I guess. But I was there with my family so it was OK, too. Some of the food were good like the salmon. The rice that went with the foods were also great. The meat that we ordered, however, were a little undercooked especially the pork barbecue that my son ordered. And the greatest disappointment was the pork ribs because inasmuch as the taste was good, the meat was not tender. And we ordered 2 of those! The chocolate cake dessert was perfect, however. The servings were huge and for 4 orders of dishes plus one cake and 2 drinks, we paid around P 2000, not bad if the food was amazing. And oh, we went there for a Sunday lunch and there was only one waitress who served all of the patrons which translated to very slow service.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The food and service here were absolutely terrible.

The worst meal i've ever had in Manila, maybe the world.

Drinks took forever to come.

Food took forever to come.

Ribs were awful tasting with sauce just put on top after they were clearly cooked from frozen. No BBQ flavour in the meat itself at all.

Plus they completely forgot one main for our table and didn't even apologise, just took it off the bill.

Never eat here.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Ambiance is great and cozy but food is a little disappointing..ordered Rock-grilled oysters and Boneless BBQ spareribs with mashed potatoes and veggies as i was craving for oysters for the longest time but i think oysters were overly washed and tasteless. the sauce for Boneless BBQ spareribs was good but the meat i guess should have been marinated.. order was served a bit late and not hot at all..staff were too preoccupied with other stuff..sad...

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Went here with my bf for our last dinner before he goes back to Indonesia for good. We were supposed to be going to Chinese Restaurant coz I was craving for oyster omelette on that particular eve, but then my bf further explained that he wanted to try the baked oysters in Mr. Rockefeller. Alright, well...since this is for his "despedida" so I'm more than happy to go with his restaurant choice..

It was around 8:30 that we went here. The restaurant has a good ambiance. Really good for couples to have their dinner date.. ^^, We first ordered their Oysters Rockefeller (P195) to ease our cravings for oysters. Next to that, I ordered Calamares Pritos (P285) and my bf ordered their Seafood Kebabs (P375).

It took us quite a couple of minutes before our order came to our table. And once it arrived, we were really amazed by the servings of the Oysters Rockefeller. We tried it and both of us agreed that it tastes really good!!

Once the oysters are done, they served us their Calamares Pritos and the Seafood Kebabs. The food has a fine taste...well, we were enjoying it............until my bf saw a small cockroach cooked in between his Kebab rice... He vomited what he ate and after a few seconds, we directly let the Manager on site knows about what happened on our food. Good thing, they have a good Manager who attends to our concern. I forgot to take down his name, anyways..he was planning to change the whole portion of the Seafood Kebab to a new one, but then me and my bf was thinking that it came from the same kitchen and the same tools and ingredients are going to be used to cook it, so we said that we don't want it to be changed with a new one and asked for our bill. As per their consideration, the Seafood Kebabs were not charge to our bill that night.

It was supposed to be a sweet memorable "despedida" dinner for me and my bf, but it turned out to be a terrible yet memorable dining experience for us..

Been here once and don't have any plan to come back yet.. 'twas a pretty cozy restaurant, but I wish the management would work hard for the cleanliness of the restaurant especially the food as this is the main thing a restaurant is offering to their customers.

1  Thank JPodung_25
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Ordered the fresh oysters natural. Some idiot in the kitchen has washed them with fresh warm water as they had no fishy oyster taste at all and weren't the slightest bit salty. Clearly these people have no idea at all what they are doing.