“NEVER EAT HERE. Worst meal ever in Manila”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Mr. Rockefeller

Mr. Rockefeller
Ranked #1,001 of 1,350 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Bar, American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Singapore, Singapore
“NEVER EAT HERE. Worst meal ever in Manila”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The food and service here were absolutely terrible.

The worst meal i've ever had in Manila, maybe the world.

Drinks took forever to come.

Food took forever to come.

Ribs were awful tasting with sauce just put on top after they were clearly cooked from frozen. No BBQ flavour in the meat itself at all.

Plus they completely forgot one main for our table and didn't even apologise, just took it off the bill.

Never eat here.

• Visited July 2013

Makati, Philippines
“Cozy but...”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Ambiance is great and cozy but food is a little disappointing..ordered Rock-grilled oysters and Boneless BBQ spareribs with mashed potatoes and veggies as i was craving for oysters for the longest time but i think oysters were overly washed and tasteless. the sauce for Boneless BBQ spareribs was good but the meat i guess should have been marinated.. order was served a bit late and not hot at all..staff were too preoccupied with other stuff..sad...

• Visited June 2013
Makati, Philippines
“Our first impression was good and it suddenly turned out.........”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Went here with my bf for our last dinner before he goes back to Indonesia for good. We were supposed to be going to Chinese Restaurant coz I was craving for oyster omelette on that particular eve, but then my bf further explained that he wanted to try the baked oysters in Mr. Rockefeller. Alright, well...since this is for his "despedida" so I'm more than happy to go with his restaurant choice..

It was around 8:30 that we went here. The restaurant has a good ambiance. Really good for couples to have their dinner date.. ^^, We first ordered their Oysters Rockefeller (P195) to ease our cravings for oysters. Next to that, I ordered Calamares Pritos (P285) and my bf ordered their Seafood Kebabs (P375).

It took us quite a couple of minutes before our order came to our table. And once it arrived, we were really amazed by the servings of the Oysters Rockefeller. We tried it and both of us agreed that it tastes really good!!

Once the oysters are done, they served us their Calamares Pritos and the Seafood Kebabs. The food has a fine taste...well, we were enjoying it............until my bf saw a small cockroach cooked in between his Kebab rice... He vomited what he ate and after a few seconds, we directly let the Manager on site knows about what happened on our food. Good thing, they have a good Manager who attends to our concern. I forgot to take down his name, anyways..he was planning to change the whole portion of the Seafood Kebab to a new one, but then me and my bf was thinking that it came from the same kitchen and the same tools and ingredients are going to be used to cook it, so we said that we don't want it to be changed with a new one and asked for our bill. As per their consideration, the Seafood Kebabs were not charge to our bill that night.

It was supposed to be a sweet memorable "despedida" dinner for me and my bf, but it turned out to be a terrible yet memorable dining experience for us..

Been here once and don't have any plan to come back yet.. 'twas a pretty cozy restaurant, but I wish the management would work hard for the cleanliness of the restaurant especially the food as this is the main thing a restaurant is offering to their customers.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank JPodung_25
Manila
“Rubbish food and service”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the fresh oysters natural. Some idiot in the kitchen has washed them with fresh warm water as they had no fishy oyster taste at all and weren't the slightest bit salty. Clearly these people have no idea at all what they are doing.

Visited April 2013
Alice Springs
“Sadly awful food & cleanliness - Good staff”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I thought this place looked very inviting, in a dark, low lit, gangster sort of way. Took a table at the back and ordered the chicken chimichanga to start, with a serve of lasagne for my main. The chimichanga came with a large pile of lettuce and the advertised sour cream would barely have filled a teaspoon. I ordered extra sour cream but by the time it arrived, I discovered that my chicken meal contained more mushroom than chicken... In fact, from the couple of bites I tried, I got no chicken at all. Worse still, I can't tolerate mushrooms of any kind and there is no mention of this ingredient on the menu. I couldn't eat it and told the manager who took it away and brought the lasagne. Technically, it probably was lasagne - it had minced meat, pasta, cheese and a white sauce ... But it was sweet! I've never had a sweet savoury main meal before. Nevertheless, I was hungry so I added some hot sauce to cut the sweetness and started to eat. About a third of the way through the meal, a medium sized cockroach walked across the tablecloth in front of me. Luckily, several wait staff were passing by at the time and had the decency to look as horrified as I was. That was enough for me. I told the manager to take away the remains of my meal and just bring me the bill. Luckily they only charged me for the lasagne or I would have been cranky... The staff were lovely, the food and the hygiene where dreadful. I cannot recommend until they've had a pest treatment & hired a new chef...

Visited April 2013