St Giles Makati Hotel
$114
$117
$99
Travelocity
All reviewsdeluxe roomaffordable ratesaffordable hotelswimming poolbuffet breakfastmakati avetop floorshort staybusiness hotellcd tvcorner roomhotel is locatedinternet connectionbasic amenitiesmakati areanight liferestaurants and bars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was greeted with disgust by a front desk staff, with very bad attitude. I've stayed at many hotels around the world. But have never had such a treatment. The room desk was stained by something really disgusting, the room had this rotten smell. The safe battery was dead. The Wifi signal was too weak and didn't work. There were many other bad thing that I could keep going on and on. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. And I advice to everyone NOT to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Marky M
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Makati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to bear during your stay with us. Our front desk staff who checked you in did not intend to cause you any inconvenience when she was requesting for your passport for your registration. Guest from a foreign country would be required to give us their passport details as required by law.

We admit there was a small stain between the glass top and the table in which we have removed. The WiFi connection was rather weak in the room and we have replaced the access point and I believe our maintenance staff quickly brought a LAN cable in order for you to surf the web immediately. We have changed also the battery of the safety deposit box.

I hope these will not deter you from coming back to stay with us and should you have plans to visit Manila in the near future, please allow me to know as I would like the opportunity to meet you and make it up to you.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I went to St Giles because it was near my dentist's office, and I was looking for a decent place to have breakfast. From the doorman (the bald guy in the dark blue barong) to the coffee shop GRO, to Jeffrey (one of the waiters), all were very hospitable. Filipinos are such naturals at customer service and that was certainly evident at St Giles. Special mention goes to Jeffrey who was uber-attentive to my requests, complete with updates! I can't speak for the accommodations but the warm customer service would make me recommend them.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jphizon

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at St Giles Makati - St Giles Classic Hotel, particularly your dining experience. I have commended the staff who attended to you especially Jeffrey. Your praise and recommendation is truly appreciated.

Looking forward to having you here again. You must definitely try our accommodation as well.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 19, 2013

this hotel is ok for people on business trip but not for a staycation especially with kids.

food is so-so. but service and room accommodation are all good.

i first stayed with my husband. we stayed here because he had a meeting in his office which is nearby. i had my own schedule. lots of taxis but hard to get early in the morning since its rush hour (weekday). we stayed in a de luxe room which is spacious enough for the two of us.

after a few days, we went back together with our kids. we just got a standard room (our secretary made a mistake in the room size). we couldn't change room because the hotel is fully booked at that time. thats ok. all four of us fit just right. maybe because our kids are just small (ages 6 & 3). no bath tub. but in the de luxe room there is a bath tub.

gym & pool are really great. great view too

basically, its a good hotel to stay. not too pricey and yet we were comfortable enough. easy to go within AND outside makati area. courteous and accommodating staff.

since i am with my kids, i am kind of worried about the area which is surrounded by bars. so its a bit busy, noisy and lots of girls in their skimpy outfit.

Room Tip: request for a room on higher floors. much quieter there. ok for people on business trip or for couples/people who just need a place to stay in makati. not really for stay cation and with kids.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RicaMae

Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you took to review our hotel. Thank you for choosing St Giles Makati - St Giles Classic Hotel. My apologies if the food was not up to your standards and my gratitude for the compliments you mentioned that it's a good hotel stay, not too pricey, comfortable, easy to go within the city, courteous & accommodating staff, good service and the great view at the pool and gym.

Thank you for understanding the difficulty in getting a taxi during rush hour. We can arrange this prior to your schedule if you advise us earlier.

Looking forward to serving you again on your future stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 15, 2013

The room, cleanliness, location, security are okay. The only problem with this hotel is the front desk check-in & check-out service which is very slow.... if you compare it to other hotels. And now they require a P260 deposit for the room key? Come on! The deposit is making the process even slower. I hope they can improve the service of the front desk people since that's the very first thing we notice in a hotel. Other than that, this hotel is very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Izabelle M
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Makati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Izabelle M,

Thank you for complimenting our location, the cleanliness of the room and the security here at St Giles Makati-St Giles Classic Hotel.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you had to bear with when checking-in. Collecting a form of deposit is a usual practice of every hotel and the Php 260 deposit collected for the keycard is refundable upon check out once the keycard is returned.

We look forward to serving you better in your future stays with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I checked in at 10 pm. My stay was paid by my company. Upon check in they asked me to pay for my room plus deposit. I showed them my confirmation and LOA and the credit card that paid for the room. They said they can not honor it and had to pay for the room. I dragged my Manager at 12 midnight at the hotel to say that the company will pay for all my expenses at the hotel.
At check out same scenario. They asked again for payment. I had to call again my company. All they said was sorry.
No coordination. No endorsements. Lousy Front office and Reservations operations. Never ever going back to this hotel. Ever.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank cpanelo
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Makati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear Ms. Panelo,

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay. It was our mistake that to conclude that the Letter of Authorization for signed off by your Manager was for the guarantee of your room reservation but overlooked the fact that your hotel charges will also be picked up by him as well. I will be in contact with you soon to explain the lap on our end. I hope this incident will not deter you from staying with us again and as I look forward to an opportunity to make it up to you.

Best regards,