St Giles Makati Hotel
$111
$107
$108
$96
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
$48
  • Pool
$106
$72
Orbitz.com
All reviewsdeluxe roomaffordable ratesaffordable hotelswimming poolmakati avebuffet breakfasttop floorshort staybusiness hotellcd tvcorner roomhotel is locatedinternet connectionbasic amenitiesmakati areanight liferestaurants and bars
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

had an overnight stay here last year since the first hotel we stayed in was fully booked. i find it nice, though the parking lot was not that spacious. second the card pass used for the elevator and the hotel room wasnt working so we had to wait for like 15 mins to have it replaced. i think those are the only 2 negative things i can say. other than that, i find the hotel to be average, nice location, perfect for business trips. nice gym and pool on the rooftop and spacious conference room.

• Stayed: August 2012
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Makati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you when your keycard did not activate the card floor access reader in our lift. I have raised this issue with our Chief Engineer and he had already rectified it. Due to the small footprint of the hotel, our parking is a bit narrow. We do however have valets and you will find them more than happy to park and retrieve your car for you.

Thank you and we look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed in St.Giles for 4 Nights. As my office is in Market Market Mall, My Company offered booked St. Giles for me. Though I checked out others as well, this one seemed the value for money.The service is good,Specially I asked Carlos to show me some near by store and he personally went with me.Grace was the one who told me a lot of things to do in Makati and best part was when they offered to swipe my Card when I was running out of cash to save me a bad exchange rate as well.
The view from 35th floor is awesome and the pool and gymnasium are like an spice to the dish.Just one thing that I would not recommend this for family as it is very near to P.Burgos street.

A very good and attentive staff who knows how to be efficient.Enjoy the stay.If their would be Microwave in the room, that wood be great....

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the floors above 15th to have a great view of the city.....
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about your experiences on your stay with us. I appreciate the kind comments you have made and for singling out Grace and Karlo for commendation.

Once again we thank you for your time and look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for two nights on the way back from Boracay.

Pros - decent air con, big relatively comfy bed, quick check out, nice pool.

Cons - room service food was terrible, I told the waiter that my burger was undercooked when he came to collect the plates and I heard nothing else about it so we didn't get room service again. The sheets had blue stains on them, the shower flooded the bathroom even though I tried as hard as I could to avoid it from happening.

• Stayed: June 2013
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Makati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us after your visit to Boracay. I appreciate the compliments you have given on our pool, room and check out process. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you have encountered in relation to the burger you ordered. I raised this feedback with my Sous Chef and his team and they will ensure this incident will not recur. As for the clogged shower stall as well as the bed sheet, our Executive Housekeeper had the drainage unclogged and the stained bed sheet removed from our inventory. I hope these incidents will not mar you from staying with us in future.

Once again we thank your time and look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The room is adequate, but was starting to show signs of a lot of use. The desk is not good enough to work at, with a chair so low that when sat down my chin was almost on the table. The internet was good most of the time, but did have the occasional freeze. I stayed for 2 weeks and by the end of it it was wishing I had paid a little more closer to the green belt. The water in the morning alternated from freezing to scorching, so I had to play the warm water shuffle to wash as the water passed from one phase to another. the bed was comfortable and the nice large TV well placed. I got a room on the higher floors with what can only be described as a fantastic view of Makati. The swimming pool is great for relaxing in, but no good for lap swimmers. The view from the pool area (35th floor) is just brilliant, and all the glass around the Gym meant you hardly needed a TV to watch. Just peddal away and watch the city, the Gym equipment is a bit lacking though. The breakfast was very mediocre, and staying there 2 weeks I started to go out for breakfast even though I had paid for it in the hotel as part of the package. The hotel was busy on the last few days, and the breakfast room could not cope with the whole hotel coming down to eat in the same 2 hour time slot. One day I sat at the bar, and another I sat on a table with 2 other people I didn't know, and I don't think they knew each other either.
On the good side, you have a cheaper end hotel that is only a 60-70 Peso taxi from the Greenbelt, so you can save your money on the hotel bill and treat yourself, to a taxi to the greenbelt, and a nice meal.
This is the seedy side of town, so there is plenty of bars and female company just outside the hotel, for those that are looking for that sort of thing.

Tips to travellers
For those that want to have a reasonable hotel at a cheep price close to the downtown action, then this will probably fit the bill.
See if you can get the higher floors 28 and up with rooms xx15 to xx19, or xx01,xx02 for the good views of Makati, but rooms the other side also have a good view.
Room xx20 is the back of the lifts.
Don't book the breakfast, you can go there a few times, but there is plenty of cheap eats just outside the hotel.
Lots of cheeper fast food type places to eat around the hotel, and lots of bars. For better dining, you are a very short taxi ride to Greenbelt.
Plenty of ATMs are close to hotel, but don't always work.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul_n_Cris
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Makati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Guest,
I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you by the chair in your room and I will look into having this resolved. As for breakfast, we do make changes to the items offered and we will continue to make changes along to meet the needs of our guests.

Apart from these two setbacks, we thank you for the many compliments you have showered on us and for allowing readers to know that St Giles Hotel Makati offers good value and good location.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

St Giles is a newer Hotel next door to City Gardens Hotel on Makati Avenue. The rooms are clean and basic with all a business traveller needs (Wifi etc).

Breakfast is average but on the better side of average. Service at breakfast is friendly and attentive and you can sit outside overlooking the busy Avenue.

On the negative...while the gym may have the very best city views in Makati it is so poorly equipt that I paid to use the City Gardens Hotel next door...which in turn has led me not to chose this hotel on 3 subsequent visits. It may seem a small thing to Hotel management but Hotel fitness centers are very important to business people who spend a lot of their time on the road.

Overall. A good hotel. Good staff...well trained and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank JavaJiveHK

Dear Guest,
I am glad to know that you have had a pleasant stay with us apart from a setback in the lack of equipments in the gym. We are looking at how we can place in another equipment or two in addition to the ones we have now.

Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.