“Everything u look for” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 54 Specialty Lodging in Makati
Vienna, Austria
“Everything u look for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

There are 2 Our Melting Pot. One in manila and one in el nido. I stayed first in el nido and i endet up staying longer than planed. When i arrived, the hostel were still under construction. By than the ground floor was ready. They did a great job, everything is new, good beds, aircon, clean, lovley breakfast, perfect location, friendly staff (rolli is the best!!) & HOT SHOWER!! reception will give u always a correct answer to any question.
Later i stayed in manila. I found it hard to find, even the taxi driver didnt know where it is. When I finally arrived (i had no booking, for neither of the hostels), I was welcomed very heartly, got a glas of water and time to sign in. Later the day i joined the free city tour. Which was amazing. Town is totally crowded! (You pay for public transport youself which is around 40-60 pesos). The hostel is clean, you will see, they take everything apart to clean. Bed was good, shower hot. All perfect.
Best thing i never have seen before.
The lower bank bed has loads of space and both a curton for privacy!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank RuderesO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Been a little hostel hopping in makati because I was wondering which the best hostel was the best to stay because i wanted to get the most out of my stay here in the philippines and wanted to benefit fully from meeting new people and making new friends and learning new experiences from people and make new experiences with people. This hostel was the best hostel yet. it's in the best location where nothing in makati is too far. i got to walk and see all of makati in two days. but i know how to walk a lot, i can walk forever. The place is nice and clean and very organized. Have very good and friendly nice round the clock staff ready to serve you. They were very resourceful about not only makati or manila but the whole philippines. They were very helpful and informed me everything and helped me with all my traveling in the philippines. I had no plans and no information of where to go and start. But they assisted me and I had nothing but the best experiences in the philippines. Got to meet so many new good friends. So many cool people. And experienced good fun together. Perfect place to meet new people and mingle and get informed. They even have special activities like free manila tour. And not by just anyone but the very person who runs the hostel. And she is very kind and a great fun guide. Taught me many good things and learned so much about the philippines. Her name is Chateau and she was so kind and so resourceful and so helpful and full of information. They have other activities and programs that you can also pay for, that you can do and share with your fellow hostelmates in the philippines. So have fun and check this place out. Hope you guys have as much of a good experience and new friendships that I had and made here. Bye byeee..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank DaviDaChung
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Realised that I left my L/S branded shirt in the hostel only a dy after I left. Called them to check & was told will contact me again. No one did.
Sent text message another dy later & was told guests still in room (undstandable) & replied me did not see any shirt on the bed; will check with housekeeping.
5th day after the incident, still no updates & when I call again, they still have to check with housekeeping...
Either they hv dishonest staff or dishonest guests. I'm okay if someone took my new bar of soap when I forgot to keep after use; but dun understand how come no one can see the shirt hanging on my bed curtain when staff made the bed for next user?!!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank keltan63
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I ended up staying at this hostel much longer than planned because I got very ill. The staff were amazing- called me the doctor, paid for me, bought me medicine, brought me food and drinks and made sure I was comfortable and kept checking on me. Really lovely people! :) The hostel itself was very nice and very clean, and an excellent place to make friends in Manila. Free walking tour was provided and was a great day. Cannot recommend highly enough!! Thanks OMP!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank richardjohn22
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Overall the stay were satisfying and OMP were the right choice for us.The sad side were the signage of the hostel too small and not visible enough for guests/taxi driver to notice. The lift
broke down some time ago and were not repair giving us some hard time especially during
night time after a full day travel out from the hostel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank scmling
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

This is the most best hostel including the staff who works in this hostels all them are helpfull and friendly.. i like the environment inside the room and in the living room on the hostel, is like i'm staying in my house.. aside that i would like to thank you to our guide miss elvie and michelle to give us a very good service since i stay in the hostel.. last but not least i like to invite all people out there if u all want to have vacation in makati manila, the very best place to stay is here in Our Melting Pot Hostel of Makati.. simple but satisfy.. thank you ♥ :)..

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Desiree C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

When we plan to fly to Philippines, our leader is busy with what we suppose to do and where to stay.At last we found OUR MELTING POT HOSTEL. Before arrive, lot's of imagination mangling in our mind what will be the place we suppose to stay.Well what in our mind totally wrong. Our Melting Pot is the correct hostel we choose. Staff very friendly , place like you stay in your own house,Breakfast also provided. Near shopping mall and lots of fast food restaurant nearby . Thanks to Elvie and Michelle who organise the tour to Taal Volcano and to Old Manila. Will looking foward to see you guys when we plan to go there the soonest :) ..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends