I stayed here in late June, 2013. Nothing bad to say! I was a solo traveler but I opted for the 2-person bunk room. I correctly guessed that not too many other solo travelers would opt for a one-on-one with a stranger situation and got the room to myself on the cheap! The place was very clean, although the common bathroom area was a little too dimly lit when I was there (very minor complaint). The staff were very friendly and kindly offered me some water immediately at check-in (necessary!) Good location - not too far from Greenbelt Mall and the Ayala Museum (a must), some decent Korean and Japanese restaurants nearby, but expect to throw down some taxi money for Intramuros. Stay away from nearby Burgos Street. Not dangerous or anything (Makati is pretty safe), but gross.
P.S. There is an excellent authentic and relatively cheap Mexican restaurant nearby at Polaris and Filipe (on the latter) in case you are out late in the area and want to avoid chain restaurants and over-priced restaurants. Street tacos FTW. Unfortunately, Makati is really not the place for authentic Filipino food. :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience traveling to the Philippines on a budget in an area where everything seems upscale and expensive as you stay in Our Melting Pot. Our place consists of several private rooms and dorm-type accommodation to suit your budget and need. It is new, modern, peaceful and well-managed and is a relatively manageable distance from the major city attractions and the important places to visit in the greater Manila area. We are at the heart of Makati, the entertainment and financial capital of the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Our Melting Pot reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Our Melting Pot Hotel Makati
- Our Melting Pot Makati, Metro Manila