“Excellent Value, Clean, and Good Wi-Fi”
Review of Our Melting Pot

Our Melting Pot
Ranked #3 of 61 Specialty Lodging in Makati
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed here in late June, 2013. Nothing bad to say! I was a solo traveler but I opted for the 2-person bunk room. I correctly guessed that not too many other solo travelers would opt for a one-on-one with a stranger situation and got the room to myself on the cheap! The place was very clean, although the common bathroom area was a little too dimly lit when I was there (very minor complaint). The staff were very friendly and kindly offered me some water immediately at check-in (necessary!) Good location - not too far from Greenbelt Mall and the Ayala Museum (a must), some decent Korean and Japanese restaurants nearby, but expect to throw down some taxi money for Intramuros. Stay away from nearby Burgos Street. Not dangerous or anything (Makati is pretty safe), but gross.

P.S. There is an excellent authentic and relatively cheap Mexican restaurant nearby at Polaris and Filipe (on the latter) in case you are out late in the area and want to avoid chain restaurants and over-priced restaurants. Street tacos FTW. Unfortunately, Makati is really not the place for authentic Filipino food. :(

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ted G
There are newer reviews for Our Melting Pot

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My friend and I stayed for several days in the double private. It was refreshingly clean and quite comfortable. The common area is also nice and comfortable, especially the large table for dining/breakfast. By far, though, the best feature of this hostel is the staff. Each person seems friendly and helpful to a fault and the tours they arranged were both fun and informative. Michelle was our guide for the free old Manila tour and was full of fun energy and stories about the city/culture. Romeo drove us to Taal Volcano and was perhaps the most honest driver I've ever met while traveling. He also knew great places to stop for the best pictures on the way down, as well as the best (and most cost-effective) place for lunch on the way back. OMP was an excellent choice for our first trip to Manila.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lintaitai
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was in Manila for 4 days and had an awesome stay at Our Melting Pot! The dorm is clean and tidy. Shared bathrooms are clean too. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and they are always ready to share directions to wherever you want to go around Manila. They would gladly assist to plan/organize/gather more fellow hostelites for day trips around Manila, such as Taal Volcano, and even tips on your next leg around Philippines. The Old Manila Tour organized by the hostel is free and it is very informative. You get to go around by the local way, highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank kennyteo87
Reviewed July 27, 2013

V friendly staff who helped us with our onward travel to Banaue and letting us stay around before our evening bus. Decent breakfast and great location opposite a night market. Good place to spend a few nights in Manila.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank AR_uktraveler
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days and I had a really good time. I stayed in the dorm. My bed was clean and comfortable, the dorm is a bit small but that doesn't matter cause you are not in the Philippines to stay inside. The hostel has a good atmosphere and the staff are very friendly. They arrange tours from the hostel and I went on the "explore old Manila" tour with the coolest guide ever, Chateau. She will guide you through the town and tell you things about Manila and when we were done we had dinner together. The hostel is located in a nice area with a night market just across the street where you can enjoy local food and good music. I would recommend this hostel to everyone who wants to have a good time in Manila and to meet friendly people.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street as it can be a bit noisy, and also some of the aircon makes a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ingab87
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Amazing hostel i have been in hostels all over the world and this is by far the best ive stayed in!! staff were always around 24/7 to help with any problems, they were also all mega friendly and couldnt do enough for you!! there was never a dull day there the staff had tours on during the days and then for the evenings you could just tell them what you want to do and they will point you in the right direction, Rooms were good and comfortable and very well priced, Also a great place to meet people i went with a friend but would have no problems traveling there by myself. Its in a good location there are nice places to eat and shop in the local area, all in all it was bar far the best place i stayed in the philippines and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Qais R
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Amazing place to advise: the great kindness of the owner and the personnel, always there to help and to suggest people for their future trip! We feel like at home in a family. It is so quiete in this crowded city and really clean!!

• Stayed: July 2013