“the best place that i ever been!!!!!”
Review of Our Melting Pot

Our Melting Pot
Ranked #3 of 57 Specialty Lodging in Makati
Katzrin, Israel
“the best place that i ever been!!!!!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

the staff are so nice and they help with everything that you need. and allways with a smile :)
the place clean and comfortable.
the prices are good, and there is a breakfast and tour in manila included.
the location is perfect, nearby the mall and night market and a lot of restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: just ask the staff
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

i stayed here 2 nights after i arrived to manila and overall i was happy with my experience
The staff us great,the location is good and safe,easy to meet people and there is breakfast served as a part of the deal
The room i stayed was a deluxe 4 bed room but it wasnt great.İt had a small toilet in it but it was noisy and not too clean so i decided to use the common

• Stayed April 2013
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I arrived in Makati starting a new job with no where to stay. I popped into Our Melting Pot intending to stay a few days whilst I sorted out a condo to live in. 35 days later I was informed by my boss that I had to leave as living in a hostel wasn't the right image that I was supposed to be portraying.
I was sad to leave. The staff are friendly and helpful. They know the Philippines like the back of their hands, mainly due to the number of tourists and travellers coming through.
If I asked how to get somewhere they would provide me with details instructions which were spot on.
The rooms were clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. The atmosphere was excellent fun with the staff organising local excursions in the evening to some of the local bars.
It's location is a 15 minute walk from the Malls of Greenbelt in Makati but it is currently opposite an open air market which serves really good food and has a regular live band. Brilliant!
I cannot adequately describe how excellent this place is.
I am looking forward to returning to the Philippines in the next few months with another job.
Where will stay on my first night and until I am settled? Our Melting Pot!

Room Tip: The internal 6 pax room is the quietest and away from the road/traffic noise. It can also pick up th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HCM
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I really Love a City Tour from staff. I knew a lot of things about that....

Rooms have air-con. Bathrooms are very clean and good common space area for meeting other travelers. They have 2 computers for public use which is nice. My only complaint was the cost.
I will be back

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank lu l
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My stay in Our Melting Hostel for 2 weeks was totally amazing . im very comfortable with my little baby. i miss all the staff they were all friendly. i can't wait to see you soon guys. The rooms and bathrooms are totally tidy with the fast wifi access to every rooms.
I recommend this hostel to all of you! and no one will regret.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank dbu2
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed at Our Melting Pot for one night: the hostel is small and a little claustrophobic (a flat in a high-rise building in Makati).

The location is very central in Makati, and the service and facilities are very good (internet, wifi, excursions, free breakfast, helpful staff) but it really isn't somewhere where you'd like to hang out (the reception area is practical rather than atmospheric).

We had a private room, which was spacious, but strangely didn't come with a top sheet (only a bed throw). For the price we paid (P1800), I think there are better establishments in this price range.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kongsvinger, Norway
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here in April 2012. I booked a single room which was small but clean and I had my own A/C unit. The staff were really helpful and friendly. The hostel had free wi-fi which is a bonus. The hostel is in Makati which is in the cental business district and close to bars, shops and restaurants as well as a Jollibee. The hostel is in an apartment block, with access to the roof top area which now apparently has a bar. When I come back to Manila I wouldn't hesitate to rebook to stay here. I really enjoyed my nights stay. The bathroom was clean and tidy and the hostel has a 24hr reception which was great as I was checking out at 4am for my flight to Hong Kong

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo