“Money and cards stolen”

Fersal Hotel Neptune Makati
Ranked #69 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at hotel for about 14 nights left a locked suitcase in storage on return sum of money and three cards we had hidden carefully in a sock had been stolen no sign of lock bring tampered with do offender had plenty of time
Management said they would investigate and advise outcome but we never heard a thing which is strange because place has security cameras everywhere
Our room was not cleaned daily and I note that although prices have gone up because of refurbishment there us mo evidence of this
We moved to a better and cheaper hotel nearby would not stay there again

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
8  Thank Julian772
Berna C, General Manager at Fersal Hotel Neptune Makati, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Sir, management received the report on the sum of money and cards from our branch and investigated the matter immediately. As explained by our Hotel OIC and witnessed by your good selves there were no signs of damage to the lock nor any part of the luggage which you left with us after a one week stay at Fersal. You only returned after a week from a provincial vacation to retrieve your luggage but did not declare any valuables that should have been safekept instead in our Front Office Safety Deposit Box. We were also not able to clean your room since your DND sign was on the door knob. Our Hotel OIC will be communication with you soon to give you other details of our investigation. Please rest assured that we prioritize the convenience and security of our guests. Please do not hesitate to call us for further clarification. Thank you

There are newer reviews for Fersal Hotel Neptune Makati

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed here last 2012 and 2014 since find it very clean and comfortable. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a very reasonable price to stay here in Makati. The hotel near on Makati Avenue where bars and night life happens. 1 ride to Ayala Avenue, Landmark, Greenbelt, Glorietta etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thedutchessitself
Berna C, General Manager at Fersal Hotel Neptune Makati, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you for the comments and patronage, we are always grateful to serve our guests especially our loyal ones such as yourself. We will work on our doormen though we apologize for that. In the meantime we hope to see you again at Neptune and other branches, our newest fersal hotel is now open along Makati Ave.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed in Fersal twice last year, once in April and then in August, so this is a bit overdue but I'd like to say how happy I am that I found this place. While it's not really at the heart of the Central Business District, its location was not too bad at all - walking distance to Makati Avenue, which is lined with plenty of establishments. It's also a ten minute walk to the Ayala Triangle and Greenbelt as well.

So, let me get down to what I like about the hotel:

1) Great staff. Staff was very friendly. I just came from the "nightmare" check-in I had a Great Eastern, which is right across Makati Ave, and I told the receptionist about it and why I decided to move to Fersal. She gave me a 10% discount on my tab.
2) Option for 24 hours and 12 hour stays. There's actually an option for 24 or 12 hour stays, and what's actually great is that they don't follow the typical 2:00 PM check-in and 12:00 NN check-out policy. Your check-in time would be your check-out time 24 hours after, and this for me is a very convenient thing especially because I hate flying in early then having to wait until 2:00 PM for me to check in.
3) Free internet, which is of OK speed.
4) Decently appointed rooms - nothing out of the ordinary, but very clean. I got a big queen size bed, flat screen TV, generous floor size for a budget hotel or inn, functioning toilet, toiletries (that included toothbrushes, yes), mini-fridge, heater, coffee and tea. Bed and linen were okay, and they were also generous with the pillows - I had four!
5) Breakfast size was okay, food in the restaurant was reasonably priced.

I don't have negative comments about the hotel at all. Just be sure to book online, through any booking website or through the Fersal website, because you're bound to get a huge discount than paying at the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank eleothegreat
Berna C, General Manager at Fersal Hotel Neptune Makati, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Thank you for the great review mam. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

My boyfriend and I treated ourselves to a cozy weekend hotel staycation to break free from the stress brought about by work and the fast-paced lifestyle.

We had our mind set to stay at a different hotel, but we were not able to book early enough so we had to look around for one with room vacancies. The lady at the Reception attended to all our questions and we were convinced after a staff gladly took us to their show room in the 2nd floor.

Since it was a Valentine’s week, all the Premium Rooms were reserved. Instead, we got one of the hotel's spacious Deluxe Rooms. Ours had no windows unlike most because it’s situated in the center of the building. It disappointed me quite a bit because I was hoping to get a room with a view and natural light setting in during the day. Phone signal in our spot was terrible, too.

What it lacked in view definitely made up for in the room in general. Pretty ordinary, but is very clean and functional. It’s fully-equipped with a mini fridge and an electric water boiler. There’s also complimentary tea and coffee. Wi-Fi reception in our room is fast and can be shared by two at most. Bed is comfortable with polyester and cotton blankets and soft, fluffy pillows.

In case you get hungry, Inn Cafe has a good number of choices on their menu. Our stay came with a free breakfast and it was quite enjoyable.

The bathroom is clean and stocked with fresh towels and basic amenities so you don’t need to bring your own. Shower is big enough for two.

Location-wise, the place is very accessible for cabs. There are convenient stores nearby and restaurants are just around the corner if you plan to eat somewhere else.

Staff and security guards were courteous, attentive, and very polite from the day we reserved a room until the night we checked out. We were pleased with the service we received.

A highly recommended budget hotel for those who plan to have a quiet and pleasant stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bianca00padilla
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The location was very good for me and the room was clean and comfortable. The night life surrounding the hotel was a little seedy but it did not feel dangerous at all. Good choice for the price, decent

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Richard G
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Terrible hotel staff. The hotel requires all guests to prepay for their entire stay. Be forewarned that if you want to check out early they WILL NOT refund your unused days. I was a guest at this hotel for over 2 weeks and wanted to check out 3 days early. They would not refund me...

What else can I say? Rooms in desperate need of renovations. Hotel security is a joke. An unwanted guest was allowed into the hotel and up to my room at 3am. Restaurant was out of breakfast items for over one week. Internet poor. The shower drain kept clogging up. Cold water only most mornings.

Room Tip: If you want a decent room choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank DaveInBahrain2010
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I arrived in the evening of my first night in town, and the first of two nights at Fersal. The staff was good enough checking in, but didn't really seem to go out of their way to be friendly or accommodating. After about twenty minutes in the room, though, we started to realize that the air conditioner wasn't working. We called down to the desk asking for a room transfer, and they instead sent someone to look at it. He spent only a few minutes on the problem before giving up and saying they would fix it the next morning. Since I was 13-hours jetlagged, we let it go. Of course, this made for a very warm night without much sleep. The next day, they simply replaced the wall AC unit with a spare they had. The whole process took, maybe, ten minutes. I scratched my head wondering why they couldn't have just done this the night before.

Our stay included a free breakfast. We both got different omelettes, and both felt we were overcharged for our food. Mine may have been the worst omelette I've ever had. The kitchen ambience was what I would expect for the price of the hotel, but needless to say, our second morning saw breakfast elsewhere.

Yes, it's a cheap hotel. But, compared to similarly-priced hotels I've stayed in, you can get a much better experience for the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple