“Great budget option”

Ranked #12 of 61 Specialty Lodging in Makati
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Great budget option”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Makati Apartelle has huge rooms that are basically mini-apartments. It is in suburban Manila close to the airport and Makati malls. The place is very secure and friendly. There is a phone in the room with a list of delivery services, and you can also get an in-room massage. A couple of blocks away is a large intersection with fast food places and a 7-11. Towels and a small soap in the bathroom, a fridge in the kitchenette and a TV with English channels in the bedroom. AC and a big celing fan in the bedroom as well. The 7-11 sells lots of sachets of soaps, shampoos and other things you may want. The place can be tricky for taxi drivers to find. The staff will give you a useful map to help there, and a good landmark to learn is the big ShopWise supermarket - you can tell the taxi driver to head for ShopWise Makati and direct him from there. Clean and comfortable with decent wifi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street - those facing the street are a lot noisier.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stephanie F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is not a 5-star hotel BUT they make you feel like a VIP. Then staff is very attentive and they take great pride in the keeping the place very clean. I challenged you to find a cleaner, safer, and affordable place to stay. There is a laundry service directly across the street and also a water station. At the corner is a fruit and vegetable stand.....and a short walking distance is a local market. You can also walk or take a trike ride to Shopwise...there is a KFC, McDonalds, Shakeys, ChowKing and MORE near the Shopwise......personally I enjoy Pure Gold for my shopping but Shopwise has so much around it. There are nearby ATM/Banks.....I have stayed at the Makati Apartelle many times......I have also stayed here by myself and so has my wife and infant baby girl. I highly suggest this hotel and it is our official place to stay when we are in Manila/Makati. SAFE, CLEAN, AFFORDABLE....tell them Mark Hylland suggested you stay here.

Room Tip: While I prefer the street view, the back rooms are quieter....I also like the second floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank boholcoffee
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My friend visited me in Makati so I had to look for a nice but affordable place to stay. After searching the net, I finally found this place. The rate was cheap so we were worried that the room would not be that good. But when we arrived there, they proved us wrong. The room was ok. It has its own sala before the bedroom, a mini kitchen with a fridge, a hot/cold shower, a coffe table, telephone for food deliver, a flatscreen tv and also some plates and other kitchen utensils.

It was also clean so we have no compalaints about that.

As for the location, it was a few blocks from Pasong Tamo (now called Chino Roces). Its a near some fastfood chains like McDo, Jollibee and Goldilocks. Since my friend is a visitor, I opted to have dinner at Buddys which is only a tricycle away from the apartelle.

Unfortunately, I was not able to take pictures of the place.

Overall, we were pleased to have chosen this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ap0lz
Makati, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked 2 days before our check-in date in this hotel. Staffs are very accommodating since the time that I was doing an ocular. I chose a room located at the 2nd floor and luckily they allot us at room 35. We stayed last Feb 12-15, 2013 and have an awesome stay. Clean, quite, room with sala and well organized bed. My boyfriend love this place as I do. It was our first time to stay here since I was searching on the internet for hotels in Makati. They have a homelike amenities that would probably used to. Entrance door has a lock for safety and wifi is good. During valentines day, they gave us a little cake and we don't expect it but thankful for. For taxi assistance you can ask from the guard to call and look for. Housekeeping and cleaning of rooms are very thorough. Everything was changed and safety of things in the room is a big big plus for this hotel. Will recommend this to friends and will stay again the next time.

Room Tip: Rooms located at the right side are bigger rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Queenie G
Blenheim, New Zealand
Reviewed December 8, 2012

It's not the staffs fault. The facilities and mode of operation are outdated. Really only suited to an experienced Manila visitor. The low lying street surface floods in the rain. I walked around the local. community all of whom are very hard working and polite. No beggars or inappropriate approaches. Let's call it low budget with Excellent 24/7 Wi Fi in the room and unlimited HOT water if that's what your'e looking for - and I was not disappointed. 150 peso cab to Glorietta Mall is a plus.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Mikejwoodnz
Merelbeke, Belgium
Reviewed October 17, 2012

if you don't need an in-house restaurant, and you go out to have breakfast and dinner, this place offers the minimum basics a traveller needs: a bed and a shower. Personally I found the "bathroom" too small, the shower too primitive, and the lighting insufficient (it is too dark, even with all the lights switched on). Also, the LCD TV's image was below standards.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Yves R
south Wales
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Manilla is often described as crazy. It is. Makati apartelle is located just out side the crazyness.
Getting there can be a bit difficult many street names have changed recently and the taxi drivers just don't know where it is. I would advise uploading the map to a laptop or phone or something. with the map they had no problems.

The hotel itself is lovely. Really nice staff very helpfull and always busy keeping the place clean and tidy. Very Welcoming.

There was use of a phone in the room free for locl numbers that made calling a taxi or even getting room service from a nearby delivery place nice and convenient.

I would recommend this place and definatley return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple