“Clean hotel, nice location”
Review of The Clipper Hotel

The Clipper Hotel
Ranked #4 of 57 Specialty Lodging in Makati
Voorburg, The Netherlands
“Clean hotel, nice location”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Quick and early check-in was no problem, friendly staff and nice spacious room. Free wifi available, fast enough. My room was on 2nd floor near a busy but not too noisy road, when windows are closed no real disturbance. Amenities are simple but good enough. Would recommend this hotel to either business people, tourists and couples. Near restaurants, bars, shopping facilities in Makati.

Room Tip: Maybe a room on the other side would be more quiet, but as said, not any real disturbance when windo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Robert V
TheClipperHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Clipper Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Robert V.

Mabuhay!

Thank you very much for your positive comments. We are a budget hotel but we strive to give our guests the best possible experience.

We hope to welcome you again on your next trip to Manila.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Details:

I stayed here for 4 nights from August 22-26 (traveling alone). I stayed in room 302, and found it to be extremely spacious, immaculately clean, and very comfortable. The bed linens, bath towels, and pillow cases all smelled fresh and clean both upon arrival and the one time I had them refresh the room. The safe in the room was big enough for my digital camera, laptop, and other odds and ends valuables as well. Another nice aspect was a small fridge in my room I could keep drinks in. The bathroom was pretty big too and didn't feel cramped. The AC kept the room nice and cool, and the bed (two twin sized beds pushed together) was comfy.

Positives:

The owner John is a very good man, and was an extremely gracious host. He actually drove me to a market, and to the mall one day and showed me around a bit. At night he even cooked me a meal. Now how many people can say that about their hotel experiences? He is very knowledgeable about the area and fun things to do. Regrettably I couldn't go scuba diving, but he mentioned he has a contact that could have taken me. I wish I had more time!

In addition to the extremely polite and kind staff, another positive aspect is the location of the hotel. It's close to a lot of nightlife, and fun things to do no matter what you are into. Despite the close proximity to the nightlife it is fairly quiet at night as well.

Negatives:

It was rainy season :( . Can't really do much about that. The room was a little bright in the morning, but that's just being a bit of a nit picker.

Summary:

If you are looking for a safe, comfortable, and well located budget place to stay I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. If ever I am in this city again I would undoubtedly stay there, even if I needed to be somewhere a bit further away, just because of the kindness I was shown. If you are thinking about staying here just book it. No hassles, no problems, and great service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Matt E
Kortrijk, Belgium
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We spend 2 nights at this hotel and enjoyer our stay. The rooms are clean, the beds are good an the bahtrooms are nice. The staff is helpful and the location is good, close to everything in Makati. Shopping malls and restaurants are all in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Thibaut T
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hotel is located very near to the clubbing and food district. Although tucked in a hidden corner, most f&b are within walking distance.

The rooms are very very clean and smells good. I stayed in room 205 and the room on actually quite spacious and comfortable.

No lift, but not too much walking neither cos its only 3 storeys high. Unfortunately not close to mrt.

For the price they are charging, it exceeded my expectation! Great one!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank ElsonKho
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed in The Clipper Hotel for two days in early July. I usually stay at Saint Giles Hotel or City Gardens Hotel when in Makati, but decided to try The Clipper Hotel. I was quite happy with my choice. The hotel is clean, well managed, and although an easy walking distance to the nighclubs and bars, I experienced no discomfort from any noise. The hotel provides good value for money, good wifi connection, comfortable bed, hot water, efficient airconditioner, in room safe, good menu choice for meals and snacks. I would recommend The Clipper Hotel to anyone considering staying in this section of Makati.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Steve G
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean, the location central, the price-quality-ration absolutely fabulous. The only thing one may find to critizise is the fact that it is not a suitable hotel for a person who's looking for quiet (it is noisy at night due to vivid night life next to the hotel) and the breakfast could be more generous.
Anyways, I spend a good time at this hotel, especially thanks to the amazing staff. I'd like to personally thank Mr Juan Ignacio L. Ramos and his entire team for making my stay so wonderful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Hani F
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

By the way I'm always stay here every month for one to two nights . But I had very bad experience I. Bed have some bugs but now is ok I like this hotel beacuse no smoking I don't like smoke from car especially cigarettes . Nice and clean cleanliness very important and good staff..!

• Stayed May 2013