“Good location, nice hotel”
Review of The Clipper Hotel

The Clipper Hotel
Ranked #4 of 59 Specialty Lodging in Makati
Kortrijk, Belgium
“Good location, nice hotel”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We spend 2 nights at this hotel and enjoyer our stay. The rooms are clean, the beds are good an the bahtrooms are nice. The staff is helpful and the location is good, close to everything in Makati. Shopping malls and restaurants are all in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Thibaut T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hotel is located very near to the clubbing and food district. Although tucked in a hidden corner, most f&b are within walking distance.

The rooms are very very clean and smells good. I stayed in room 205 and the room on actually quite spacious and comfortable.

No lift, but not too much walking neither cos its only 3 storeys high. Unfortunately not close to mrt.

For the price they are charging, it exceeded my expectation! Great one!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank ElsonKho
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed in The Clipper Hotel for two days in early July. I usually stay at Saint Giles Hotel or City Gardens Hotel when in Makati, but decided to try The Clipper Hotel. I was quite happy with my choice. The hotel is clean, well managed, and although an easy walking distance to the nighclubs and bars, I experienced no discomfort from any noise. The hotel provides good value for money, good wifi connection, comfortable bed, hot water, efficient airconditioner, in room safe, good menu choice for meals and snacks. I would recommend The Clipper Hotel to anyone considering staying in this section of Makati.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Steve G
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean, the location central, the price-quality-ration absolutely fabulous. The only thing one may find to critizise is the fact that it is not a suitable hotel for a person who's looking for quiet (it is noisy at night due to vivid night life next to the hotel) and the breakfast could be more generous.
Anyways, I spend a good time at this hotel, especially thanks to the amazing staff. I'd like to personally thank Mr Juan Ignacio L. Ramos and his entire team for making my stay so wonderful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Hani F
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

By the way I'm always stay here every month for one to two nights . But I had very bad experience I. Bed have some bugs but now is ok I like this hotel beacuse no smoking I don't like smoke from car especially cigarettes . Nice and clean cleanliness very important and good staff..!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank cherry5brosas
Singapore
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I booked the most standard room. It comes without the fridge or drinking water and others. Simple. However, the room is sizeable and clean. Staff are friendly and helpful. Security is good. Location is slightly away from the main bars but nested in a quite corner within walking distance to most bars and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ShingTony
California
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I wish I would have stayed here initially. The hotel doesn't have any negative elements that I can think of but if I can think of one by the end of this review Ill be surprised.
The room was approximately $40 and the room was huge--enough room to put a couch and coffee table. It was very clean and I believe the color of the room was white which presents a cleaner appearance.

When I had a masseuse come over they made sure to call my room before allowing her to leave to ensure nothing was stolen or I was in any kind of trouble.
The location of the hotel is in the red light district but to me that just means plenty of bars and restaurants. If you want to get out of the red light district then Global City is a short drive away.

When I checked out the owner was there and showed an interest in my review of his hotel. The thing that left a good impression was the owner's regard for the cut I had on my leg that needed to be treated. I just wanted to get to the airport to catch my flight, which was none of his concern, but he insisted in helping me treat it as best I can and offering me water while holding my taxi. This exemplifies great service and a great hotel.

Sorry I can't think of anything negative to say about this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo