“only cash accepted.”

Eurotel Makati Hotel
Ranked #73 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. Dining area is not good as it is crowded and cannot accommodate all the guests during breakfast. Bad luck they have to wait in the lounge till some table are available to sit on. The can of beer they had is very expensive. Good thing there is a little resto next door called andoks where you can eat and drink so cheap and had good food. Be prepare some cash if you have dinner in this hotel because they don't accept card. Only cash. It's funny they call it "Eurotel, experience the hotel in Europe"but only hotel that doesn't accept card. Good thing on this hotel its close to shopping malls and other restaurant. There's shopping mall called waltermart is just across the street infront of the hotel

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bob3255066
There are newer reviews for Eurotel Makati Hotel

Reviewed May 10, 2013

- great location but it is not recommended for longer stay
- the taste of food at breakfast was not so good
- bed linens were old
- the room smells bad that we requested to be moved to another room
- the hallway floors looks old and dirty

but if you need to stay few hours before your flight or you need a cheap room within makati area, then try this hotel :)

Room Tip: the best room they have is Euro Suite 2
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sawadee_good_life
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The location is the main draw for this hotel. Close to everything Makati has to offer, the greenbelt district is only a few blocks away. The street has so much to offer in street food its incredible. The hotel has the basics, and only the basics. If you dont mind sleeping on 4 inch thick foam mat, rather than a mattress, its ideal. Friendly staff, but there are other options for the same price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Liam C
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here as a last minute overnight stay and I wouldn't go back. Yes it was cheap but you really do get what you pay for. Bed sheets had holes in, hotel stank of smoke, aircon was really noisy and woke up pretty much every hour. Would not recommend it personally.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The check in was good. The receptionists were friendly enough and did not ask for a lot of things.
There was a pretty weird smell going to my room. I know it was a smell of disinfectant but the kind you smell in cheap hotels. It wasn't bad at first glance. I just wanted to rest and sleep so it didnt bother me at first. The airconditioning was working after all.
Then when I woke up, I realized a few not so good things. The sheets were very thin (no wonder it was too cold!) and so was the mattress.
When I got to the bathroom, it didn't feel clean (maybe it was but I just had a different perception). It had hot shower so it wasnt too bad. They had toothbrush and comb (Manila Pen doesn't have any at 5 times the price)! They had a bidet too - how often do you really see that in a good hotel! But they did not have rolls of toilet paper; they only had facial tissue, but again they have a bidet. There was no shampoo but I don't mind, I really dont have a lot of hair.
I guess if you're not too picky, then Eurotel might be a good place for you. But I'm not exactly a backpacker so I really mind cheap hotels. But I don't think this is a place for backpackers either. This is probably either for Manila visitors who choose a cheaper option or those that want to have a good time in Makati - just my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

It's in a great location just 10 minutes walking from Greenbelt area of Makati. There's a big shopping center just across the street. If you're able to get a meter taxi from the airport terminal 3, it's only about 100 pesos fare. Rooms were tiny for the two twin beds. Good wifi, but may have to stand next to your door. Decent morning breakfast buffet. Closest convenient store is a couple minutes walk away. Helpful, but somewhat cold staff at the desk (never smiled). A few restaurants on the street but not many choices. Many jeepneys and taxis! Good shower (hot water and good pressure). Overall, good quality for the price in Makati. Didn't feel like a love motel, which makes it better than many others!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Overall there was nothing horrible about this place, everything was pretty much average. Room was bare bones but we had the studio so that was probably why. No maid service for three days, guess you have to ask for it. Room was reasonably clean and up to date but nothing more than average.
The help was not what you would call overly welcoming. The people working at the front desk did their job but most seemed to look like they wished they were somewhere else at that time. Not a lot of smiles or thank you's. Food for the breakfast buffet was ok, decent selection that changed each day, but again, nothing to blow you away.
Here is the reason I will never go back. Long story but to understand you need to hear it all. I went online at the hotel's website four months before my trip and went through the process of booking a room for three nights in January. When I got to the payment page, all there was was a Paypal logo, no text or other options. Since I didn't have anything in my Paypal account at that time I figured I would go back at a later date and do the reservation since I had time so I closed the window without completing the reservation...I thought. A couple of days later I get an email from one of the employees saying my reservations have been made. No receipt, no listing of the dates, the room, the cost, nothing. I let a little time pass and we decided we also wanted to go back to this hotel for two nights later in the month, so i emailed the same person who said my reservations were made, asking if we could also include those two night. I also asked for a detailed account of my reservations. Again, I get an email back saying my reservations have been updated, but again, no details of my reservations. I was also concerned that since I had not put anything down or given a credit card number, that the reservation was not complete. I emailed her again and asked if I need to do anything to hold the room. She emailed me back saying no, just pay upon arrival. No other details still.
As my trip approached I tried to call the desk several times unsuccessfully, I either got someone who spoke very limited English, or their was so much noise we could not hear each other, or the connection was so bad, so eventually I just gave up, assuming my reservations were good.
Upon arrival, of course, no record at all of me even contacting the hotel...huh? Really? I had printed my emails from the hotel rep documenting our communication and the girl at the desk just shrugged and gave no explanation after reading them. We did get our room but it was at a higher rate than the internet rate and when I brought that up again I got a shrug but no explanation. After 25 hours of travel and at 1 AM I was just happy to get into the room.
How an international hotel chain can screw up something so badly and then seem indifferent about it is puzzling. One thing for sure, they won't get my business again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple