“Refreshing escape in Makati”

Joya Lofts & Towers
Ranked #5 of 61 Specialty Lodging in Makati
Port-Vila, Efate, Vanuatu
“Refreshing escape in Makati”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Recently spent 4 nights at the Joya Lofts...Nice, professional and right over the road is the Rockwell Shopping Complex. Room Internet a bit hit and miss but apart from that a nice experience.
5 minute Taxi ride to Jupiter and Burgos area.
Will stay there again in a few weeks time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Benjo V, Front Office Supervisor at Joya Lofts & Towers, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Mr. Kava D,

Thank you for your positive feedback and I'm happy that we were able to provide you a refreshing experience.

I have take note of your valuable feedback regarding our internet and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have already shared this with the department concerned.

I look forward to welcoming you back in a few weeks time.

BENJO VILORIA
Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

This is my 3rd time staying here (unfortunately work always places us here) and I cannot speak more lowly of this place. They advertise high speed internet service in every room which is far from it (on this current visit I have had engineering up in this room 4 times + supposedly had skycable here too but they now refuse to give updates) all to no avail. It is completely unusable for parts of the day. The shower, even when fully turned to hot, is lukewarm at best but normally leaves you jumping out shivering. The housekeeping is intermittent with examples of them coming into the room, beginning and then deciding to leave halfway through.

Also, I am an average sized guy however even my feet hang over the end of the bed. Heaven help anyone over 6 feet tall.

Staff are friendly enough and good security however the other points have soured my experiences too much to ever recommend this place.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Jonesben
NPStarGazer, General Manager at Joya Lofts & Towers, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Jonesben,

I am deeply disappointed to learn of your less than satisfactory experience and would like to extend my sincere apologies for your disappointments.

Our team has met the representatives of your company and we are currently working on a solution to increase the speed of our internet. Please be assured that this will be resolved soon. We are also in the process of replacing our water heaters to ensure that water temperature is accurate.

As for the Housekeeping staff, my apologies again for the way he/she handled your room. We’ll have to re-orient and train again the staff to make sure that our standard operating procedures are followed.

On your next visit, we’ll see to it that you get a bed that will fit you comfortably.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Monica Punzalan
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have stayed in this place for several times whenever I am in Manila on business. And I find the place so comfortable with good accommodation --- clean rooms and bath, nice and courteous staff with free wifi, It's conveniently located since it is in front of Rockwell. You can bring or cook your own food for those staying a little longer. The downside is they have free breakfast but you have to cross the street and go to pancake house to get your free breakfast. It's not in the center of CBD of Makati, You have to take a cab and one can imagine the traffic but then in Manila, anywhere you go is traffic. If you want convenience and comfort with not so big a budget, this is one place to consider.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Excellent location, wonderful views (request for a higher floor) and quite spacious for a Makati apartment roughly 80 square meters I think for a 2-bedroom suite. Powerplant Mall directly across the road so that was a plus. Area is highly secured as well. The only downside is that bathrooms don't come equipped with a bathtub (we traveled with a child so this is one thing we look for). Pool was very nice, but most times the water was freezing, Joya should have a heater installed to make the temperature more comfortable. No room service or actual spa available although you can book an in-room massage. Overall Joya was comfortable but it all depends what you're looking for.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I go to Manila frequently for business and I always stay in Joya Lofts and Tower in Makati City. My office is just walking distance away so its really a good location for me. Its a serviced apartment so it doesn't have the ambience of a usual hotel. They can also provide parking slot in the basement which is great since I usually use a car when am in Manila. Security is good since access is regulated through an electronic key. Only hassle is that you would need to meet your guests at the lobby. There is no room service but restaurants in the Rockwell area are within walking distance. There is a Rustans Supermarket in the mall across the street where you can get ingredients if you want to use the kitchen in the unit.

Room Tip: Try to get your room upgraded to a 1 bedroom or a loft -type
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank combat66
Benjo V, Front Office Supervisor at Joya Lofts & Towers, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and it was our great pleasure to always have you as our guest.

I wish to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We value your comments as it allows us to recognize the needs of our guests allowing us to further improve on our services. Your feedback has been duly shared with the departments concerned for their immediate review to seek for improvement.

Again, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to Joya Lofts and Towers-Extended Leasing Services.

Kind regards,

Benjo Viloria
Front Office Supervisor
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Joya (pronounced hoya) is a good option for business travellers who are staying for a more than a week in makati. Rooms come with a fully equipped kitchen. Theres also a washing machine and dryer in the bathroom.
The bedroom was small for my taste(stayed in a one bedroom deluxe). But the bed was quite comfortable which is important for me. I did find a couple of cockroaches in my room so I am not sure if they are have a regular pest control drill or not.
There security is pretty good and it definitely feels like a safe place which is a big plus.

Joya is conveniently located bang opposite the power plant mall. Plenty of food courts in this mall even some globals chains such as chilis,kfc, roasters,etc.Theres also a good supermarket.

Overall Joya is relatively a better option compared to other hotels. But I still cant get over the fact that they give physical keys and not keycards!!

Room Tip: The locker in the closet is little tricky to figure out. Instructions say 'press the red button...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Joya Lofts gives more than reasonable price!: Beautiful design, great room (executive room, where we stayed); The customer service speaks good English and very prompt and professional (special mention is Warren who was so nice and cheerful, at the same time very professional and efficient); great location too- in the heart of beautiful Rockwell centre. Me and my partner had a great time while in Joya Lofts and Towers! Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple