“Not for claustrophobic”

Isabelle Royale Hotel & Suites
Ranked #80 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I thought I've had hit a bargain when I booked in this hotel through an online sale. Lo, I did not expect that I will really get my cheap money's worth. I was shocked since, among the many hotels that I've been through during these past months, this was the worst. First, the room was run-down and cramped that you feel you are breathless inside its four walls. It has branded itself as suites but the rooms are way smaller than an ordinary hotel room. This is aggravated by a toilet and bathroom sticking out inside its square space (oh, how come the architect or engineer has designed such a disastrous "suite"). It's supposed to have a kitchenette but look, there is not a single utensil for use. Rather than make it standard, every piece that should go with a kitchenette has to be requested. The bed looks dingy and so is the wooden floor. The only pieces of furniture inside is, yes a bed and a small wooden two-sitter kitchen table. That's all you got inside the room, aside from the built-in clothes cabinet, a CRT television that has poor cable signal and a good no-frost ref. You cannot help but be threatened by asphyxia once inside the room that you will feel better staying out to gasp for oxygen. I saw a roach inside and ran after it until I was successful thumping it dead under my feet. The only redeeming value of this "motel" is its friendly and courteous receptionists, especially Rhain and the bellboys. The breakfast served in the room is not bad either but it arrived about an hour and a half late (i asked it to be served 7:30am but it came to my room 9:00 am). I will definitely not dare going back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Better fork out a little extra cash to be able to have a decent hotel which abound around this one,.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jude T

Reviewed November 3, 2011

The reason I'm giving this hotel a good review is because of their friendly, dedicated and professional staff (particularly Arane and Rhian at the front desk). They helped me find tickets to my next destination, after I'd only mentioned to them I wanted to go to Banaue in passing conversation! They were exceptional and for the price and location, this is an excellent place to stay if you can handle the fact you're in a budget hotel in Manila, not New York. I will be staying here again on my way back through Manila, definitely.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Aaron P
Reviewed October 29, 2011

i was looking for a cheap hotel because we would not be staying in the room most of the time, it was just for sleeping. Front desk was ok though it is true that when you ask for something, they either ignore you or make you wait a long time. THERE ARE COCKROACHES.
We had them do our laundry and they promised to give it the 8am the next day but evening came and we still didnt have our laundry. They promised again to give it 8am the next day when we were checking-out (so no time to check our laundry). I was pissed but didnt argue because they might mess up our clothes or what. When they returned our clothes, they were still damp. Will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RegineAbby
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I am not in the habit of writing reviews for hotels, however due to my experience here, I find it necessary to share my experience.

Upon booking the room, we were assured that cooking was available. The same was confirmed upon check in. The room, which was booked for booked for 5 people had 2 glasses and no cooking utensils or kettles etc. Several requests for cooking utensils went unanswered. After the poor service on day 1, we deceided to leave (the room was booked for 3 nights). The staff at the counter could not assist us, and a supervisor was required. The Supervisor eventually arrived some 2 hours after our initial request. No introductions, or apologies for being late. Service levels are poor.

After some argument, our request was eventually agreed too, and a refund was provided for the remaining 2 nights.

I will not consider this establishment again in the future and would recommend that anyone who does utilise this hotel, make their important needs known up front. An inspection of the rooms prior to paying money is also recommended to ensure it meets your needs. Whilst I am aware I am very dissatisfied with this hotel for various reasons, I am sure it will suit some travellers just fine - just make your needs known up front.

Room Tip: Inspect rooms before paying money
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Finnigan6
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The place is difficult to find, being in a secluded part of the innards of Makati, which makes you worry about your security. We booked this hotel for 3 nights because we got a discounted rate from a group buying site. It was advertised to cost PhP 2460 but when we arrived at the reception, the room was actually just for PhP 1850. I really don't mind paying for the security deposit as it is a regular requirement in some hotels. The room given to us was at the 11th floor but the elevator reached only until the 10th floor so we had to walk the stairs to the 11th floor. When we entered the "room," we had to climb another flight of stairs on a VERY narrow stairway.

Hotel staff was made up mostly of students who were doing their On-the-Job training so they barely have any experience dealing with customer requests. Don't expect any quality service. When you call to request for something, expect to wait.

Bottomline is: any good review written for this hotel must have been made by the owner or his family or anybody who has an investment in this place.

Go to it if you dare, just don't expect to have a pleasant time.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lee N
Reviewed September 9, 2011

The location it's hard to find. Reception Staff Poor Quality Service. The reception area is not well maintaine their's a lot of thing there look gross to me. I alway call the reception staff to give me a towel. They always say yes but no one will delivered it to you.. You will take 3 to 5 times call to them before they give you what u want. Poor quality service. I don't like this hotel and I will never come back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ichigo03
Reviewed September 2, 2011

we arrived in country late and so we needed a quick hotel until we checked into our booked hotel the next day. This hotel has a nice setup and is cheap but it's full of roaches. I couldn't even sleep comfortable. They brought the breakfast to my room and I was scared to eat it because of all the roaches in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank shawanaMichelle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Makati
City Garden Grand Hotel
Makati Shangri-La Manila
Artina Suites Hotel
Artina Suites Hotel
#27 of 86 in Makati

Been to Isabelle Royale Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!