Isabelle Royale Hotel & Suites
Ranked #80 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I am not in the habit of writing reviews for hotels, however due to my experience here, I find it necessary to share my experience.

Upon booking the room, we were assured that cooking was available. The same was confirmed upon check in. The room, which was booked for booked for 5 people had 2 glasses and no cooking utensils or kettles etc. Several requests for cooking utensils went unanswered. After the poor service on day 1, we deceided to leave (the room was booked for 3 nights). The staff at the counter could not assist us, and a supervisor was required. The Supervisor eventually arrived some 2 hours after our initial request. No introductions, or apologies for being late. Service levels are poor.

After some argument, our request was eventually agreed too, and a refund was provided for the remaining 2 nights.

I will not consider this establishment again in the future and would recommend that anyone who does utilise this hotel, make their important needs known up front. An inspection of the rooms prior to paying money is also recommended to ensure it meets your needs. Whilst I am aware I am very dissatisfied with this hotel for various reasons, I am sure it will suit some travellers just fine - just make your needs known up front.

Room Tip: Inspect rooms before paying money
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Finnigan6

Reviewed October 23, 2011

The place is difficult to find, being in a secluded part of the innards of Makati, which makes you worry about your security. We booked this hotel for 3 nights because we got a discounted rate from a group buying site. It was advertised to cost PhP 2460 but when we arrived at the reception, the room was actually just for PhP 1850. I really don't mind paying for the security deposit as it is a regular requirement in some hotels. The room given to us was at the 11th floor but the elevator reached only until the 10th floor so we had to walk the stairs to the 11th floor. When we entered the "room," we had to climb another flight of stairs on a VERY narrow stairway.

Hotel staff was made up mostly of students who were doing their On-the-Job training so they barely have any experience dealing with customer requests. Don't expect any quality service. When you call to request for something, expect to wait.

Bottomline is: any good review written for this hotel must have been made by the owner or his family or anybody who has an investment in this place.

Go to it if you dare, just don't expect to have a pleasant time.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lee N
Reviewed September 9, 2011

The location it's hard to find. Reception Staff Poor Quality Service. The reception area is not well maintaine their's a lot of thing there look gross to me. I alway call the reception staff to give me a towel. They always say yes but no one will delivered it to you.. You will take 3 to 5 times call to them before they give you what u want. Poor quality service. I don't like this hotel and I will never come back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ichigo03
Reviewed September 2, 2011

we arrived in country late and so we needed a quick hotel until we checked into our booked hotel the next day. This hotel has a nice setup and is cheap but it's full of roaches. I couldn't even sleep comfortable. They brought the breakfast to my room and I was scared to eat it because of all the roaches in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank shawanaMichelle
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for a night. The hotel is terrible. I found it crezy , the staff was not well groomed. They took one hour to locate the reservation. They asked for 1000 PHP deposit and stragely gave a list of items in room which I was not aware of to sign. The room and bed was too small. The Airconditioner was not well maintained. It was making horrible sound.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank girishj
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Have to wait til 2pm to check in, so don't turn up early as they wont let you into your room. Reception staff inmature listening to loude music, giggling and chatting instead of doing their job. They know nothing about the area or the street names, have no maps. Charge 100pesos an hour for internet in room but free in reception but slow connection. A typical filipino run hotel - all take and little in the way of service. Cock roaches in the room.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Macky300
Reviewed May 10, 2011

its my first time in the philippines and i love to travel in different countries. i would say that Isabelle Royale Hotel has a great room accommodation. i enjoyed staying there because the ambiance is good and it is very near to the church. it is quite surprising because i didn't expect that the people there are so hospitable and they'll give you the high quality of service in terms of handling the guests . i'd love to come back there sometime.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank missviet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Makati
City Garden Grand Hotel
New World Makati Hotel
Dusit Thani Manila
Dusit Thani Manila
#19 of 86 in Makati

Been to Isabelle Royale Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!