“Quality Hossein ”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Gilak by Hossein

Gilak by Hossein
Ranked #467 of 1,351 Restaurants in Makati
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manila, Philippines
“Quality Hossein ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

I've been to Hossein a few times before (I think there are 3 outlets in Makati and Serendra), and each time I get hummus (garbanzos purée) as appetizer. This time, we switched to moutabal (mainly eggplant) served with hot pita bread. We loved it. Too bad, there was no roti chanai (light bread with slight sweet taste) available to pair it with.

For the main, we took Mix Kebab II (beef kebab, chicken kebab and shish kebab) and plain biryani (yellow long grain rice with spices and raisins). Serving size is too much for 2 people. Taste though is rich and satisfying especially when dipped in garlic sauce (be careful with the chili sauce which can be super hot). Try this meal with San Mig Light or a soda.

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Waimea, Hawaii
“Very Good Persian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

When I sat down and read the menu, I was surprised that the choices included Indian, Middle Eastern and Asian dishes.

I decided on a chelou (Persian rice and kabob) which I enjoyed very much.

I recommend this restaurant if you are in the Makati area. It is just across the street from the New World Hotel.

• Visited August 2014
Guadalajara, Mexico
“1st experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

This was my 1st time visiting a Middle East restaurant, so without a point to compare I believe the food was very good. They were considerably slow to bring the dishes we ordered (We even had the time to step out and smoke) so I'm not sure if they brought some salads as a courtesy because of that.

Manila, Philippines
“Mid-Eastern food haven!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Twice I've been here... and twice I enjoyed the food and the ambience tremendously, once during lunch & another time during dinner. Service was very good with attentive, pleasing & veteran servers. I enjoyed their Hossein Signature Soup very much wherein I ordered it on both visits, THUMBS UP to the chef! We asked them to hold off the spice of their Lamb Raan curry & it was perfect... spicy herby enough but not too spicy. We did enjoy dipping our roti on that one! Their Vegetable Samosa was alright but I ravished their Tikka Masala & Lamb with Biryani and thought of it as heavenly to my mouth. Of course I'm thinking of going back again given the chance.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank JoAndrew A
Limerick, Ireland
“One of my favourite spots in Greenbelt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

The Gilak Kebab is a restaurant I return to each time I am in Makati. Pleasant staff and very nice food. Good flavours, good portions and nice presentation. Overall a pleasant restaurant conveniently located on the 2nd floor. I generally go there with colleagues from Europe, US and Asia and all the group find something they like on the menu. Reasonable prices. Recommended.

• Visited May 2014