“Great place for business dinner”
Review of Sala Restaurant

Sala Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 1,506 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2013

A nice cozy restaurant with intimate setting where the guests are not placed too close to each other. They have a set 5 course dinner menu with accompanying wines - great value for money. After dinner they have a nice selection of liqueur incl. my favorite Highland Park single malt whisky.

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

The place is small but perfect for intimate gatherings. Simple and cozy, you feel right at home once settled in. Food is delicious and served fast. I recommend the desserts as they have a good selection to choose from.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Small place, very nice ambiance, really pleasant for a date night with your spouse. Nothing is wrong in this place.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I did a search on the web for good eats in Manila. I chose Sala as it won some Best Continental Cuisine award. I was totally disappointed by the taste and execution of the dishes. I asked the server to give me recommendation on signature dishes and he advised me to take the twice baked soufflé with prawns, feta and dill. This dish turned out to be too creamy and bland. I didnt see or felt that I ate any prawns. My main course was truffled white risotto of Jerusalem artichokes, sweet shrimp and blue swimmer crab topped with a crisp baby lobster tails. There were crab shell in the risotto mix and I had to carefully pick them out. The meal was not tasty or memorable. I felt let down as this kind of standard can be found easily in many medicore western restaurants. Not a restaurant that won some award. Perhaps I am not familiar with the Manila dining scene and also the authencity of the 'awards' being given out to restaurants. If this is considered good in Manila, then the benchmark is really set very low. Oh, and I have to mention that the bread served had an odd taste.

4  Thank Bluefish7
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I always goes to Sala for our once a month date nights. We love the consistency of getting good food. Yes, it's pricey for Manila, but the quality is worth it. Good for dates, business dinners, luncheons. Small intimate, 'exclusive', fine dining at its best. The owner Scottish chef Mr.Colin Mackay has other 2 restaurants in Makati- People Palace (thai food) and Sala Bistro (great Sunday brunch offerings with unlimited bubbly)- his restaurants all have consistently good food, good, well trained waiters.
Expect to spend around $50 minimum per person for the food, drinks not included. The appetizers start around $10-$20, the main course are around $20-$50. But what I like to order is the tasting menu (5 courses) - which changes every so often. You'll enjoy the small portions of the different kinds of food on the menu. P2100 pesos ($51). I really believe if this restaurant is in NY or Europe, you'll pay double the price for the kind of food served here.
If this review is helpful, please click the button below. Thanks!