“Pleasant Stay, Rental from Private Home Owner”
Review of Travelers Inn

Travelers Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Makati
Travelers Inn
Ranked #62 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Baguio
“Pleasant Stay, Rental from Private Home Owner”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We had a nice stay in this large one bedroom apartment rented from the home owner. They were very accommodating and pleasant to deal with. The room was clean, furnishings well cared for, and the wifi, cable, air cons, hot water, in house laundry service, and ceiling fans were all in working order. The small details made by the home owner made the decor very pleasant. The home owner was very accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed.

It's a great value and centrally located on Makati Ave. in a neighborhood that is transitioning with a mix of upscale new development with malls and nice restaurants, 24 hour restaurants and convenience stores, a mix of residential, locals who work in the businesses here, and tourists, the red light district (but clean actually, not scary, quite safe), latin restobar and salsa dancing, german techno club, etc. The neighborhood has a lot of character. I really loved it!

Like the first reviewer, I need internet to do my work, and it was not a problem. I was very happy. I am also a night owl, so I really appreciated the 24 hour night life and food availability. There was always something to see and do here.

Cab ride is only P50+ ($1.25 USD) to the beautiful Greenbelt Malls, glorietta malls, SM malls, where you can shop upscale or cheap cheap, people watch in the many restaurants and cafes, or soak in the bustle and excitement.

But, please be careful if you are a foreigner, as that will attract some attention from massage or dancing girls, children begging, people trying to sell you stuff on the street, pickpocketers (be careful at ATMs & watch surroundings). In general people are really nice here, just exercise the same caution as in any large city.

We loved our stay and will definitely stay again if we are in Makati!

Room Tip: Perhaps a private home owner would be better than the hotel, in terms of furnishings and bedding. Hi...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank GuamVegan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed here at a suggestion of a friend for a month. It's really like a spacious one bedroom apt. Roomy with lots of storage and cabinets. 50sqm.
There is a kitchen and small dining area.
For 40$ a night it is quite a deal.
I stayed in room 1705.
The Pros:
So much space for the price. I stayed for a month which they have monthly rates.
My monthly rate was around 600$
Flat screen TV.
Overwhelmingly amount of storage.
7-11across the street. Cafes nearby. Shopping and major malls are a 2$ cab ride.

The cons:
I couldn't get wifi on the other floors.
Wifi is important since I need it for work.
I went to 2 other rooms and no luck. Finally I got moved to the 17th floor where I found get it.
Next to red-light district. Walking at night I had to dodge all the "excuse me Sir, you like massage?" girls.

But I did feel safe. First 2 rooms had the same layout as the last but weren't as nice as my final room.

It didn't have room service nor a fitness facility. But I'm on my iPad and accidentally clicked it and can't delete.

Room Tip: 17th floor gets wifi signal
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Sean4006
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I actually decided to stay here based on the second review that I read from this site --
the same building (Travelers Inn) but some of the units are privately owned. They have a different website now http://www.makatisuites.ph/Suites/Home.html . The owner ably addressed all my concerns via email and when we got here I was pleased that it was exactly as described. Perfect location in Makati, near everything, very reasonably priced, staff were helpful & courteous, security was adequate -- what's not to like :) Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank indiemonic
jacko1957
Reviewed April 25, 2010

My wife and I both thought it was very nice clean large comfortable bed decorated very well and well worth the 52 dollars a night fee.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jacko1957
Also consider these accommodations in or near Makati
Inwangsan Hotel
#21 of 82 in Makati
Royal Bellagio Hotel
Royal Bellagio Hotel
#53 of 82 in Makati

Been to Travelers Inn? Share your experiences!