“Spacious Makati Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in Makati
San Francisco, California
“Spacious Makati Hotel”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We spent two nights at this hotel as we needed a two bedroom suite. The suite was spacious, well-appointed, comfortable and clean. It was perfect for three people in two bedrooms. The suite had a functional kitchen (which we didn't use) and more importantly, a washer/dryer which we did after traveling for 10 days around the islands.
The breakfasts which came with the suite were excellent. The pool, jacuzzi and exercise room were fine, although pool-side service was slow.
Staff was friendly and helpful.
If shopping is your thing, you are within steps of the Glorietta Malls.
All in all, we would use this hotel again. We were frankly pleasantly surprised by how comfortable it was. Of course, since it is a residence-type of hotel geared for the longer stay, you don't have the expansive lobby and cocktail lounge. But on a price and space comparison, the hotel delivers great value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Green Belt. It's quieter and has better scenery.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Somers Point, New Jersey
Reviewed February 21, 2013

we got moved up because we were at makati crowne and we were very surprised i believe they were reconstructing the place but the staff from that hotel (makati regency) esp the manager on that day handled the situation very well esp my partner whose ist time to go in the philippines they were very nice and transported us to their corporate partner Ascott wow we vlove this place and we ll return and stay there thank you very much alma and joe jan 29,2013

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was unsure about what might await me but I was very pleased (actually I was blown away) by the size of my suite, it was literally like a home and I was really sorry I didn't have my entire family with me to share all the space! The bedrooms are very large and the living area is equivalent to that of my own at home. I found everything to be immaculately clean and the complimentary bottles of water in the fridge were a nice touch. Very exclusive L'Occitane bathroom products complimentary also. The breakfast buffet was of a scale I have not seen anywhere else and the staff are all friendly.

The location is absolutely perfect with access to the local train station within a 2 minute walk as well as more shopping malls than one could ever visit in one trip.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: try to get a suite on the upper floors, mine is on 24 and the view is amazing and it's very quie...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mackay, Australia
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment and it was very clean and tidy, the main bedroom is very spacious with good views of makati from the huge windows. Staff were very friendly especially at check in, yes check in does take a while but every hotel I stayed in Manila is the same. restaurant seems a little small for this size hotel. Over all the ascot is excellent for families and will definitely go back.

Room Tip: When leaving a deposit always leave cash not a credit card, skimming is big here even at 5 star hote...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at Ascott from 21st January - 5th February 2013. We booked a 2-Bedroom Deluxe Suite. The overall size of the suite were just right for a family of 4. I do, however, agree with the other reviews when they mention that the suites really require some serious updating and renovation. The carpets are worn, the tile grouts are literraly peeling off and stained, the drainage are smelly and there were a couple of cockroaches. The Maintenance guy also had to come to our suite to fix the washing machine on our first day, and to put something down the kitchen drainage to stop it from smelling.

The standard of their suites are not aligned with the price they charge. I guess they are charging more for the location and the space you get when compared to just a room at the Shangri-La.

Can't say enought about the location - walking distance to all amenities (shopping centres, restaurants, supermarket, chemist, train station/public transport) and safe surroundings.

I would stay here again purely for the location and safety.

The staff were wonderful, friendly and attentive/responsive to all our requests. Irene, who was our housekeeper, was just great, and Ella and Valerie at Cafe 6 (serving our free breakfast) were soooo lovely :) Keep up the good work ladies!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I first stayed at Ascott Hotel in December 2011 with my family. Booked two (2) Deluxe 2-bedroom suites for a group of 9 people total. At first, I was worried that we will be over crowded -- 4 to 5 adults in one suite. I was wrong. The bedrooms were spacious, good size living room and kitchen, excellent amenities. The staff were wonderful, friendly and attentive/responsive to our request. I also fell in love with this hotel because of location...it is right in the middle of everything…shopping, dining, museum, groceries, or just purely finding a walking trail. I cannot say anything negative about this hotel, because there is none. Hence, on my last visit in December 2012, I booked this same hotel...same arrangements. I have highly recommended Ascott Makati to my family and friends visiting Manila.

Room Tip: Request for high floors, corner suite...great view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We spent 6 nights in Ascott Makati, before heading for a 6-day sojourn to Coron, Palawan.

Ascott's official online pictures show a crisp, modern hotel. As soon as you arrive, you realize these must have been taken many years ago. The hotel needs serious re-carpetting, updating and renovation. The 2-bedroom suite is spacious and acceptably clean. But the tile grouts are literally peeling off and stained. The 6th floor lobby feels ancient and dank. Our washing machine broke down on the first load. Maintenance staff had to bring us a replacement washer at 11:30pm!

Two big pluses: Location and the service of the staff. Ascott Makati's location is a one-stop shop for good restaurants and mall shopping. You can literally not leave the area, and have enough to do to fill 6 days. Despite being in the heart of Makati, we felt very safe and secure. The hotel staff was courteous and quick to respond to needs. If anything, they made up for the almost 5-star prices of Ascott, but 2-3 star facilities. I doubt I will stay in Ascott again, unless I choose to pay more and get less. Oh and btw, their wifi connection is exasperatingly slow.

Word of caution: If you decide to stay here anyway, do not book this stay via Expedia. Online Expedia booking clearly lists free breakfast buffet pre-online purchase, then disappears from your post-buy voucher. Good luck getting it resolved by calling Expedia.

Room Tip: All we saw from our 16th floor windows were other rooftops, mostly under construction.
2 Thank ALuis79