We spent 6 nights in Ascott Makati, before heading for a 6-day sojourn to Coron, Palawan.
Ascott's official online pictures show a crisp, modern hotel. As soon as you arrive, you realize these must have been taken many years ago. The hotel needs serious re-carpetting, updating and renovation. The 2-bedroom suite is spacious and acceptably clean. But the tile grouts are literally peeling off and stained. The 6th floor lobby feels ancient and dank. Our washing machine broke down on the first load. Maintenance staff had to bring us a replacement washer at 11:30pm!
Two big pluses: Location and the service of the staff. Ascott Makati's location is a one-stop shop for good restaurants and mall shopping. You can literally not leave the area, and have enough to do to fill 6 days. Despite being in the heart of Makati, we felt very safe and secure. The hotel staff was courteous and quick to respond to needs. If anything, they made up for the almost 5-star prices of Ascott, but 2-3 star facilities. I doubt I will stay in Ascott again, unless I choose to pay more and get less. Oh and btw, their wifi connection is exasperatingly slow.
Word of caution: If you decide to stay here anyway, do not book this stay via Expedia. Online Expedia booking clearly lists free breakfast buffet pre-online purchase, then disappears from your post-buy voucher. Good luck getting it resolved by calling Expedia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in one of cosmopolitan Manila's most luxurious serviced apartments - Ascott Makati, which is designed exclusively for international business executives and their families. Ascott Makati recently unveiled its new Suites that are even grander and more opulent featuring a contemporary look that exudes warmth and sophistication. The property meets your every need from world-class services to lavish facilities that are well-appointed, extensive and personalised, complementing the elegance and refinement of the spacious residences in an exclusive city sanctuary, so that you may enjoy your overseas assignment, leisure vacation or relocation. Strategically located within Ascott Makati's prime business district and surrounded by restaurants, entertainment and shopping complexes, you can relish the renowned Ascott lifestyle amidst the pulsating energy of this dynamic city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Ascott Makati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ascott Makati Hotel Makati
- Ascott Makati Metro Manila