“Our one night stay at the Ascott Makati”
Review of Ascott Makati

Ascott Makati
Ranked #10 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We were in need for a place that can have 4 adults residing at one time. Other hotels online would set their maximum number of adults per room at 2. The Ascott was on the top of my list. I was also looking for a place near a shopping area in Makati. The location is excellent since its next to several shopping centers and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance and at the hotels ground floor. The room we stayed in had 2 seperate bedrooms and 1 small bedroom. All bedrooms had their own bathrooms with shower. The view on the two main bedrooms was great. The kitchen would have been nice to use if we would have stayed longer. The dining room was elegant as well. The living room had a nice tv set up which included surround sound. We didnt have time to watch a movie together but we did listen to music. The apartment itself was spacious so it felt like home. There were also plenty of closets to store luggage in. I like it that the hotel offered free wi-fi, some places still charge for this service. The reservation also included 2 free breakfast meals at the hotel restaurant "On the 6th" which served the usual hotel buffet setup but with a modern look. The hotels common areas were also welcoming. We did get a chance to take a swim in the pool the next morning. We would highly consider going back to the Ascott the next time we are in Makati.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 22nd floor and it was great. The view looked out to the park and shopping center...
1  Thank GeminiTaurusKuwait
AscottMakati, Manager at Ascott Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

Look forward to your next stay with us.

Management Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,094)

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I booked this hotel through Travelocity to attend a family reunion. This is the first time my family will travel to the Philippines and meet my relatives. I made reservations last September because I knew December is an extremely busy month during Christmastime. My mom, who lives in thec Philippines, called the hotel directly to make sure they had my reservation. Several calls later, they informed her that they couldn't find it. Travelocity got it straightened out. When I tried to call directly (to save my mom more frustration), it took me several tries to get through. Three times, I was able to speak to a person, but got put on hold, transferred, or hung up on. Several fruitless attempts and wasted $$$ in overseas calls later, I contacted Travelocity to book me into the Marriott. I've stayed there before and am a rewards member. I thought I would try something new. Unfortunately, the Ascot has sufficiently convinced me never to do that again, especially when planning a trip overseas.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Leah0704
AscottMakati, Manager at Ascott Makati, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

We thank you for your feedback and apologize for the issues you encountered during the reservation process. While you did make the booking with Travelocity, we did not receive the booking request from their end which is why your reservation was not inputted in our system. However, this does not excuse us from the inconveniences you and your mother encountered while trying to contact us to resolve this matter. We try our very best to give the best customer service and unfortunately, on this occassion, we have failed to do so. We do hope you give us another chance and if so, may we suggest that you book through our website, www.the-ascott.com.

Once again, our sincerest apologies,

The Management - Ascott Makati

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed over at Ascott Makati on our way down to Bohol back in March 2012.
After a horrendous time at NAIA- PAL arrivals, coming to the Ascott was a welcome reprieve. couldn't complain... the service was next to none- (from airport pick-up all the way to drop off back to the airport!) so much so we decided to come back & stay one more night on our way home. Upon arrival at the reception desk (level 6)- we were welcomed with a refreshing ice cold "kalamansi" drink (citrus fruit- kumquat hybrid).
level 19 upwards provides the best views. if one craves for a relaxation or even deep tissue massage, it's available on site at reasonable price! ~PhP1000/hr (~$23.5 AUD). they have a gym & pool area as well if you don't want to break your exercise regime whilst on holidays.
Buffet breakfast at level 6 is all one needs to get the day started. There's so much food on offer! The cafe/restaurant is open pretty much all day & night. If you don't feel like going out for a meal, you can just ring room service w your order delivered directly to your room. The only thing I really hankered for was a nice cappuccino. However, just across the road is Starbucks if in need of a caffeine fix. With shops just within walking distance from the apartments, one couldn't ask for more.
Staff are just absolutely wonderful- especially Paula, she's an absolute star.
I highly recommend Ascott Makati to anyone who doesn't want to "rough it" in Manila :-)
Would definitely come back and stay longer the next time we're in PI x

Room Tip: Level 19 & up provide the best views of the city
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Geanvianni G

Reviewed November 27, 2012

With shops right next door and all facilities close by it was a great stay here, food was excellent, rooms were supurb and very spacious , it was as close to a home like experience as you could get in a hotel. We are staying here again in Jan 2012. I really cant fault it apart from the view out of the window (some building site next door) and the entrance, you really would not know it was a hotel when you walk past unless you read the door sign, but once you're inside its supurb.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peter288

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at the Ascott for six months in 2012. This are of Makati is probably the best all round location in Manila. Restaurants, cinemas, shops, nightclubs and much more are all only a few mintues walk away. It is also convenient to the Makati business zone, the airport (only about 15 mintues during low traffic periods) or the Burgos Street strip, if you're into that. There aren't a lot of tourist attactions in Manila, but what little there is (Intramuros and Fort Santiago) is about 30 min by taxi (approx PHP150).

The staff are friendly and helpful and the service is excellent (although requests to housekeeping can be slow). Be warned that there are three rooms in the south tower where you can hear the elevator going up and down from the room. I was unlucky enough to get one - room 912 - but put up with the noise because the view of Glorietta 5 and the park outside Ascott was worth the annoyance - and I just got used to it. The north tower has some "non-smoking" floors, but I found I could still smell stale cigarette smoke - probably because it gets into the airconditioning system or perhaps because those floors haven't always been non-smoking. If you're a non-smoker definitely choose the south tower.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Alby_Mangles

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Whenever I am in Makati, I choose to stay at the Ascott Makati. The hotel is centrally located, good security, reasonably priced with breakfast included, complete amenities and comfortable, just like home.
On our last visit in November 2012, we booked a 3 bedroom deluxe suite. We got the 25th floor suite, which was slightly smaller than the 3 bedroom suites on the 26th floor, but nonetheless comfortable and spacious. A plus to have a living room, dining room and full kitchen. An added plus is a washer and dryer so that I wouldn't have a suitcase full of dirty clothes upon turning to the US.
The only gripe I had was an increased presence of "professional women"" accompanying some of the business men travelers. I've always known the property to be very family oriented but it seemed different this time around.

Room Tip: View of Greenbelt is better
2  Thank Travelbuff82

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Hotel is right smack in the middle of Makati City. Street entrance is not that impressive - especially since it is right next to the Glorietta Mall entrance. The main lobby of the hotel is on the 6th floor - lobby is quite spacious and tastefully decorated - typical hotel lobby. Check-in went smoothly - contrary to some reports I have read here, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room is as expected - well appointed and quite spacious. Kitchen has granite countertops, and has all the kitchen amenities needed (with the exception of a dishwasher). Important to note that you will need a dish detergent as this is not supplied. Unit has a dining area and spacious living room with a flat screen TV.

Both rooms (master suite and guest room) are spacious with individual bathrooms. Bathrooms are modern and well-appointed. Bathroom towels are plush as well. Beds are comfortable enough and linens are okay.

The breakfast buffet is also decent. Various selections from continental options to the omelet station and their hot food options. They have a quite a good spread and is comparable to other good breakfast buffets.

Hotel has a good sized gym, spa and a swimming pool. Towel service at the pool available too.

I do have one major complaint with this hotel and I don't even know if this is something within their control. Ventilation in the rooms are a bit lacking. I have a very strong sense of smell and I could smell a little bit of the outside air in the rooms. Not sure if this is a ventilation issue or not. This hotel is located in a major business and shopping city which brings a lot of vehicular traffic - it is also VERY CLOSE to Edsa, the main highway thoroughfare that connects all the major cities. I don't think that we were on a floor or a room at that, that used to be designated as a smoking floor as I would have been able recognize the smell of cigarette smoke.

Overall, hotel is great - its only the ventilation issue which would probably dissuade me from staying here again.

2  Thank joanne112564
AscottMakati, Manager at Ascott Makati, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thank you for your detailed feedback and most especially your kind words for the staff - we will definitely pass on the message. We would appreciate it if you could send us a message on your specific room number so that we can ask our Engineering team to take a look at it and hopefully resolve the issue on the ventilation.

The Management - Ascott Makati