“Convenient for food and nightlife” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The A.Venue Hotel
Ranked #34 of 80 Hotels in Makati
Singapore
“Convenient for food and nightlife”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the one-room suite and was satisfied with the overall stay. Some confusion during check-in, as hotel consisted of a few buildings with separate check-in areas, depending on which tower your suite is located. Confirmation email did not state where we should check-in, so we had to shuffle from lobby to lobby - no staff to lead the way. But when we finally "arrived", the receptionist was lovely (wish I remembered to get her name) and checked us in without a hitch.

Suite was cosy. Bathroom, while clean, could do with better lightings (very dim). No bathtub though (sob!). Internet connection choppy - better in the living room than the bedroom. Hotel surrounded by restaurants, nightlife, and a couple of malls nearby.

Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I've stayed here twice in the last month, once before and once after my trip to Boracay. The hotel is situated next to Avenue Mall and away from the main road (Makati Ave) so it's pretty quiet for Manila. I would say this is a very good location for Manila. The staff are very friendly and helpful.
The pool is in a nice shaded area between the towers, it's different.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Luzon, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Our room has a mini kitchen (microwave and ref), bed was comfortable. Major downside was the wifi connection, weak and non existent in some parts of the room.
The hotel is just across a mall with lots of restaurants and a supermarket.
Getting a taxi in front of the hotel is very difficult during rush hour, so be prepared to wait or worse, haggle/negotiate fare with the taxicab driver. But if you are not in a hurry, taxicabs are plentiful in front of the hotel during non-rush hours.

Room Tip: If wi-fi is important, make sure to ask for a room with good wi-fi connection. The room we got had v...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Location
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was a nice hotel in Manila's Makati business area. The room was clean and well presented, the staff were very helpful and the closeness to restaurants and local spas made it a good choice for w weekend away.

Only negative, lack of good parking.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Liberatingjepoy, Public Relations Manager at The A.Venue Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Best Greetings Thomas!

Thank you for providing us a good review and we appreciate all your comments and suggestions. As for the parking, I would love to ask further on this since the hotel actually has the largest parking space in the area. This is to further improve our services to all of our guests.

Have a great day and see you soon!
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Pros - Near A. Venue and SM Grocery store
- friendly staff
- clean & spacious. availed one-bedroom room with small kitchen
- They are not that strict on the # of people in the room.

Cons
- AC inside the room is broken, it became noisy during dawn and was no longer releasing cool air regardless of adjusting the thermostat and water eventually leaked afterwards so we had to turn it off and make do with the AC in the living room.
- internet inside the unit is intermittent and slow
- there are no plates and utensils in the kitchen that you can use to prepare your food. There are only a pair of coffee cups with saucer and teaspoon. (I'm not sure if you can request though).

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Best Greetings Mrl t!

Thank you for choosing us your destination and accommodation with your friends. As for your report, I would love to inquire further on the details as some rooms of the hotels are having ongoing maintenance and if your room needs one then I could have suggested a room transfer to guarantee your full comfort. The utensils and other kitchenwares are available upon request by simply dialing the Front Desk or Housekeeping.

Again thank you and see you soon!
جدة, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I stay on that hotel many times but these time it's the bad time when my two phone stolen from my room the day before my flight when I report to the hotel I didn't see any care and the proms me the will feedback me on my email but until now nothing means the guest not that important or the one do it is from inside the hotel so I won't stay there agin and I don't recommend it to any one

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
12 Thank Hatem B

Travelers are raving about these Makati hotels

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here on our way back to Australia. I found this hotel great for a two night stopover. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and pool was beautiful.

There are plenty of food options close to the hotel so you don't need to spend an hour on a taxi trying to get somewhere.

I would stay here again if I was to return to Manila.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Best Greetings to you Jameshil!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We at BEST WESTERN PLUS Antel Hotel would love to listen to the sentiments of our guests.

See you soon!