“our stay was far better than the reviews here!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The A.Venue Hotel
Ranked #33 of 80 Hotels in Makati
Las Pinas, Philippines
“our stay was far better than the reviews here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Despite what I've read prior to our stay at Best Western Plus Antel Hotel, I took off my husband, cousin & a year old son. We were initially booked at a 1-br suite but when we checked-in, it wasn't ready yet so we were given a 2-br suite instead, at no additional cost! That's a plus! When we got inside our room, it was okay for a group of 3 adults & 1 infant. There was no kitchenette but it was okay since we weren't expected to cook. I really had no big expectation in the first place, so as not to fail when I get there. There wasn't much choice on the buffet breakfast on our first day but the food was way better on the second day. Hot & cold shower was set as expected together with the toiletries, # of towels & robes for all of us. I must agree on the tube 'though but it's okay with the cable channels & clear screen. Airconditioning was good also on the entire suite. There wasn't much lighting options but it was an advantage since I & my baby wanted a dim room so that was an extra plus for the hotel. Overall, our stay was very pleasant & nothing compared to what has been written here nor on other trip sites.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ea B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
California City, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

First time to Manila and I needed a hotel, I was flying in very early and then the same the next day. I made the arrangements with trip adviser for what looked and sounded like a nice place. I started with having an airport taxi that could not find the hotel. Then there are three all with same name but not same reservations. I had requested an early check in with my reservation because of my flight time. They said at the desk ok but to early check in fee was as much as the room. Now I am in for double cost for a couple of extra morning hours when I am leaving early the next day. The room was nice but very poorly lit. Bathroom needed an update and I never used the kitchen, but don't think I would have been excited too. If you are a person looking for safety and security, this is not a place I would take a walk around. Just the cab from the hotel to airport and back. I also took an extended time to check out, while they checked the room that was only used for sleeping. I am on my way back to manila soon, I will be looking for a better value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tokyo, Japan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was very new and some of the parts were still under-construction.
But, my experiance to stay here was the one of the worst of my traveling memories. It was too much unconvenient and made me feel bad.

I stayed there over a night. I was very tired. They couldn't find my reservation and it took me much time to fine it out when I arrived there.

Then they also have a spa and I wanted to enjoy it before I go sleep. It was almost midnight so I needed to get massage there and go to bed as soon as possible. However when I went there bringing only my room key, I thought to charge the fee into my room. But They refused it because I didn't give them any deposit. They didn't offer me about it at all when I did check in. The staff of the SPA offered me to back to my room and pick my purse or a credit card up and get back there. I felt it was too far... It's because the hotel has 3 buildings and my room wasn't in the same building with them. I say again, I was really tired and I wanted to go to bed soon after taking massage. I mean I didn't want to waste my time...Finally I gave up to take it.
Besides, the next morning, I realized the receptionist had totally forgotten to pass me out a meal coupon when I checked in. I had to go to the receptionist to get it. And I claimed them about it. Eben though they looked just smiling and try to give an evasive answer to my complain.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CHKRN

Travelers are raving about these Makati hotels

Tokyo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

stayed two nights in A. venue tower.
The hotel has 3 towers, A. venue, Antel spa, and serenity tower.
I stayed in A.venue suites.
probably serenity tower has newer rooms.
but mine was one bedroom suite in A.venue.
they didn't let me check-in early although i'm a Diamond status member of BW.
I had to wait until 2pm. room was ok but kinda old.
old TV, old air conditioner, old shower...
but it was ok for 2 nights.
it has two swimming pools which the other Best Western Hotels in Metro Manila don't have.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Makati, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

1st day upos registration, advance booking with early arrival and ends up the room is not available until 2pm, after pm need to bloody wait for another 1hour with no sense of urgency from the checkin counter staff. Room has a fly on the living room area. WIFI very poor signal and connectivity and unstable, Door jammed and have to wait for 30-45min to fix the issue and hall way no aircon. Personnel customer service is bloody bad. Duty manager and staff can't care less. Buffet breakfast and small flies on the food. Hotel personnel customer complain response is bloody slow. provide a foot spa voucher fo the inconvenience like treating a crying kid with a lolippop. BLOODY SCREWED UP SYSTEM AND HOTEL SERVICES. RENAME TO "WORST WESTERN MINUS HOTEL". Brands can be deceiving , the service is no star and fake.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
AntelHotel, Manager at The A.Venue Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Please accept our sincerest apology, we shall discuss your feedback and rest assured that improvements will be done.
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel is in good location. It is near to food stalls and grocery stores. Rooms were clean.
However, the first issue I faced was during check-in. No one helped me to carry my baggage and I was also not directed to my room. Brushing that aside, the next issue I faced was kitchen service. I called the restaurant at 1130pm yet apparently they are unable to prepare my meal because the kitchen closes at 1145pm. Sorry, but I believe 15 minutes is a huge difference. Shunning away your customer just because your kitchen closes in 15 minutes time definitely reflects what sort of attitude you have with regard to customer service. Finally, me and my boyfriend couldn't use the pools either because there were too many mosquitoes around. We got a couple of terrible mosquito bites from using the pool for a short moment. I wonder if I was just unlucky or is the service just horrible in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We would like to extend our sincerest apology Aliah91, we will take actions and assure that such incident will never happen again, we hope that you will still consider staying with BW Antel Hotel, for us to have another chance to show and offer you a superior customer service.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 6 days, lovely room with good amenities, friendly staff also, could not open the curtains for daylight, and you can hear everything in the corridors but overall good.
Great location with lots of restaurants near by and a market in the car park opposite.
Gym had all the equipment you needed, however could do with better a/c, my friend and I avoided it as it was way too hot
The pool itself was nice, lost the sun by lunch time though due to high rise, and the staff around the pool area were rather unprofessional, myself and my friend are both young and blonde and groups of 5/6 workers would just come and watch us, surely they had a job to be doing?! Have stayed in many hotels in the philippines and this was the first experience of this, be a bit more discreet!! All the other staff were great however would not return to this hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends